Re:Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold-What do you think about the game?

[Post New]by supernaturalist on Apr 4, 10 5:16 PM
I purchased this one. I played the trial and the purchased. It has taken me over an hour and I am still not done. The frustrating thing for me is that there is no walkthrough for this game. It takes me awhile to get through some of the puzzles. Right now I am stuck on how to get all of the crystals lit. Usually, random clicks will get the right combination, but not with this one.

If anyone out there knows the right combination for this, please let me know.

Besides the frustrations, I do like the game. I, like most everyone else, loves ****'s that last much longer than the trials.

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Apr 5, 10 8:55 AM
supernaturalist wrote: The frustrating thing for me is that there is no walkthrough for this game.

There are many on the Internet. Type Visions of Gold Walkthrough and you have it!

Bye.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Apr 5, 10 6:09 PM
Lat night I finished the demo (i had 11 minutes left). I really hate this game. I love Hidden Objects but this game IMO sucks. I have deleted it, as i did with Treasure Seekers Enchanted Canvasses. I bought "Settlement Colossus" with my full Punchcard. I love that game, it was very addictive for me. I hope that there are more very similar games with Big Fish, I will buy them.
"Treasure Seekers"

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Apr 11, 10 8:15 PM
jeannemaria wrote: I bought "Settlement Colossus" with my full Punchcard. I love that game, it was very addictive for me.

Thanks for the tip! The comments and reviews are excellent! I will probably buy it as well.

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Apr 11, 10 8:35 PM
I liked this game, but I didn't like it as much as the other Treasure Seekers games. In fact I actually played the other Treasure Seekers games first so my expectations were pretty high. Overall a fun game with clean graphics and a nice storyline.

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Apr 27, 10 7:23 AM
My review:

The demo does not give an exact idea of the game since in the following chapters the environments get more beautiful.

Warning: For those who have a hard time watching underwater scenes with fish there are two and the objects are kind of hard to find.

Around 3 hours of gaming.

Beautiful decors, colors and lights. Original mini-games. This game is not of the easiest, although childish sometimes kids will need help. The story is a bit touching, the music interesting.

What I did not like: having to scroll the mouse all over the place and carefully to find an object that will open to show the objects to be found.

Since I got it for free in January I am glad I played this game. I found it very beautiful.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 20, 10 4:50 PM
The graphics are well done. Teh gameplay is rather easy, all one has to do is look for a hand and presto you have an area. And some of the areas don't make sense. Ah well. The whole children going on a quest is an interesting and unrealistic storyline. My parent would have murdered my siblings and me for attempting to make a raft and sailing to find a buried treasure. There is no timer nor limit to hints (the hint button recharges). The hour demo went by quickly.

I think this game is B. Fun, but didn't rock my world.

[Post New]by chomoc on Sep 20, 10 9:23 PM
If you're really into frustration then this is the game for you. Although the puzzles were good, the hidden objects you're looking for are buried so deep into the background they are impossible to find in the majority of the **** scenes. There doesn't seem to be any logic in what you are trying to find for the hot spots, and the hot spots themselves are a frustrating search on their own. Again, no logical progression, just a collection of chores. Only one hot spot to hidden object scene made any logical sense and at least gave you some satisfaction of accomplishing a goal. The rest of it is just one **** scene after another - broken up by some decent puzzles. And although the puzzles show some creativity, the rest of the game does not. Maybe that's why it is on sale.

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Sep 21, 10 6:51 PM
Tiny objects.

Searching for things to search for.

Incessant pop-up dialogues when I just want those kids to hush up and let me figure it out.

Being insulted by a game ("Are you sure you want to skip this simple puzzle?" Like, "Are you sure you want to skip this SIMPLE puzzle, you dimwit?")

Uninstalling.

However, I did enjoy Enchanted Canvasses.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 24, 10 2:50 PM
I did not like this game at all. Too many items to find and so very tiny and in the darkest of places. Story was slow and no fun. Frustrating and the puzzles were just dumb. Sorry BF, I know you can do better than this. Glad I only paid $2.99. Not worth it tho.

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Nov 13, 10 9:40 AM
ruby_leo wrote:Just finished the game. I thought the graphics of several of the items were hard to find but other than that and uninstalling and reinstalling to finish the end of the game, it was a good **** game. I liked some the mini puzzles also!

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Nov 13, 10 9:44 AM
Why is there no good directions for the puzzles. I can't figure out what they want. It's not a hard game, but the hints are not good. bottle of colored liquid where do they go and where is the map to show the symbols?

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Feb 12, 11 12:34 PM
I must be old because I find all objects extremely hard to find. Truly wish I had not bought it. Play one locked section at a time then get tired of not finding things.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Feb 19, 11 10:21 PM
Great game! Beautiful pictures. Was worried at first because there wasn't a walkthrough. Thought I needed it a couple of times but the hint system worked it out for me. Off to play Treasure Seekers II now.

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Feb 23, 11 9:18 AM
Great series, this one. Simply loved it. I have all of them, and became quite familiar with Nelly and Ted, lol. Beautiful graphics, nice scenery, good story... in a word, worth the buy. Thanks, BF.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 3, 11 6:57 PM
Don't know when I bought this or for how much; it's been on my computer for ages, partially played. Played some more tonight.. UGH. I hope I didn't pay much! As others have said, tiny objects impossible to find, can't even find the "wheel" area either. Talk about headache or eyestrain inducing! It's too bad because I do like the game and the graphics but it's just too hard to play.

In addition, I was on the fisherman section (I have no idea where in the game I was, since I hadn't played in so long; was I near the end? half way? I do'nt know), but anyway, there started being too much movement, i.e., raft going down a river that you had to find hidden objects on while it moved, waves, fishing, etc and I said I QUIT because that sort of movement makes me . So, coupled with all that eyestrain and more work than fun, I give up.

Uninstalling this one and don't want to look at it ever again!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 12, 11 5:00 PM
It's a cute game, but I generally don't have nearly this much trouble finding not only the objects, but initially finding what key objects need me to find pieces. Makes it frustrating, and I use the hint button more than I'm comfortable with. Not inclined to buy the full version.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 14, 11 1:37 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Aug 4, 11 12:35 AM
I played this game a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. A few days ago, I DL this game again, and I cannot play it any longer. The objects are so small that I can't find what I am looking for. One section I just played was in the lumber room where an old music box is stored. There was no light, only a very dim flashlight. Even using the hint, I was not able to see the items.

Uninstalling.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 31, 11 1:29 PM
I played this game when it came out, it was my first ring object game and that was new and exiting for me at the time, plus it was my first of the series, I enjoy all of them.

Go to: