prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 5, 10 11:39 AM
_DD_ wrote:
prpldva wrote:The walkthrough is posted in the blog if you need:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/nightmare-adventures-the-witchs-prison-walkthrough/
Thanks prpldva for the W/t! I already needed it for the 5th gear... tsk, and I had been so proud how I handled the tree!

A definite buy for me - fortunately, no technical or cursor problems whatsoever (playing w/ HW cursor on Windows XP; didn't test game cursor, but looked fine at the start). I definitely like the brightness adjustment and that there's no random-clicking penalty.

And I want to know how the story continues (and I do think from some remarks of our heroine about Quinn, that she could need some help, lol!). Also, the game gives me the feeling of being sooo clever when I overcome the obstacles 'they' put in my way - open gate, make light, open safe - which probably means the real experienced adventurers might find it too easy, but I like it!

Glad to help! Enjoy the game! I absolutely loved it!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 5, 10 11:59 AM
I really enjoyed the demo of this game, but I don't know whether I'll buy it. The graphics were nice and I quite liked the story so far. It's creepy, but not that creepy. The puzzles haven't been particularly hard yet, but I'm finding the game to be pretty fun. Most of it doesn't take too much brain power to figure out, though. I did enjoy some of the comments when you click on things, especially the decorative fish in the beginning/cabin area of the game ("That's a Big Fish!") .

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 5, 10 12:05 PM
Shadowfax .... oops I forgot my thumbs up lol lol .... anyway ... I give this 5 thumbs up ... here they come .....

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 5, 10 12:06 PM
prpldva wrote:Glad to help! Enjoy the game! I absolutely loved it!
I'm still enjoying it, thanks! I love your W/t esp. for the minigames (being German, and then that sentence on the shelf for the cards... phew!)

btw, not sure it should be corrected, it's so hilarious, but if you ever do, it's a typo, isn't it: "Take the HANGAR "...

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Sep 5, 10 12:14 PM
Bought it, but I'm sorry I did. I totally stink at puzzles and this game is mostly puzzles. Found myself hitting the skip button ALOT! It's not a bad game, I just don't have a head for difficult puzzles. They also don't explain the puzzles...just put them out there. Oh, you can click the hint button for a clue of sorts, but not much help. So, if puzzles aren't your thing...think twice before you buy cause there's one around every corner! Happy gaming!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Sep 5, 10 12:35 PM
gentlegirl wrote:Hi!

I just tried this game and i like it. The downside is that the cursor can not be controlled when i try to use something from my inventory. Very frustrating. I have sent a mail to customer support.

I had the same problem. Go to the main menu and click on options. Once there, shut off the custom cursor. That solved the problem for me; hope it works for you!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 5, 10 12:36 PM
For some reason, I get a feeling of Deja Vu. I feel as though I've played this game already, but can't find it on my played list, so I guess I'll spring for another 5 bucks. It is a fun game though

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Sep 5, 10 12:46 PM
LOVE THE GAME

I think some may have problems with their Graphic Cards..?

I really like the Graphics, the story BUT the MUSIC is "SO-SO"..
I generally turn it down anyway.
I keep the background noise UP

THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS

PEN

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Sep 5, 10 12:49 PM
This game should not be listed as a Hidden Object game. There is only ONE hidden object scene in the traditional sense, and the rest is adventure, which means walking around and solving puzzles. I am normally terrible at adventure games, but I have been playing the heck out of this one and enjoying it so much. I am baffled by the comment that the artwork is poor, because I think it is top notch. The graphics may not suit everyone's taste, but this game certainly has high production values. I also have music in my game. This is going on my top 10 games of the year for SURE.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 5, 10 12:50 PM
i demo'd the game and 35 min in i knew it was a buy. great graphics, no probs with any of the issues i have since read here, cursor is good, inventory is compliant, and i don't mind the music, tho if i did i would turn it off. i am currently at the lab gate. i like the games, not terribly difficult but interesting, and the story line is intriguing. but then i do like the dark side........
may post more later when i've gotten further into it, but right now i have a game to play!!!

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 5, 10 1:06 PM
Oh, a definite buy for me, too. Not having any problems whatsoever with curser, slowness, darkness (which can be adjusted at options menu in beginning), or any other tech issues.

I played the whole darn trial, I was so engrossed. I never do that - so I'm going to have to buy it. The story - well, it has something to do with that tecno firm named in the game (no giveaways here), but still not sure what it's going to lead to. Loads of puzzles and I love puzzles. That's why my favorite games were the Dream Chronicles - except the last one (lame). DC's were a super challenge since you could not progress through the game without finishing a puzzle, and no skips!!

Anway, back to this. Great graphics, fun and sometimes difficult puzzles, lots to think about while playing, no hand holding, hints were helpful, music creepy and unobtrusive, not much reading, creepy with a sense of humor in some places, story line (I'm not sure, yet, but interested enough to buy). No cons that I can think of right now, but may wait to see if they fix everyone else's problems with the cursor and use my free credit for it then. Never know, I may run into cursor problems as the game progresses.

Too bad they couldn't have made this longer, longer, longer. Someone said 5 hours - a decent length, and definitely worth it is you have a free credit.

I was pleasantly surprised at what a well thought-out game this was, and with the puzzles. Didn't realize there'd be so many!! Love it!

Hope all problems get straightened out for everyone. I'm sure they will - B/F is great at doing that. And if they can't, they will for sure give you a free game.

So don't panic, relax, have a great labor day weekend, and pray for those who are looking for a job.

Peace to all
cg

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Sep 5, 10 1:07 PM
I liked this game without even doing the whole demo! I took advantage of the Endless summer deal to purchase it. Have lots of games to play and credits, but I just can't use them while there's a deal going on!

I've had no problems with the cursor or inventory, and the music is not obtrusive. And that's really why I demo'd it first. Once I played awhile and found no issues, that was enough for me to purchase. It's dark, but I don't think it's too dark, and it really is more of an adventure game, which I really like. I don't find it difficult (maybe even on the easy side for me) but I was certainly intriqued enough during my demo time to buy it.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 5, 10 1:07 PM
Oops - it got posted twice. Sorry.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 1:09:58 PM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 5, 10 1:28 PM
This game should not be listed as a Hidden Object game.
Thanks heaven it isn't, not in the categories at least. It's listed in Adventure Games as main category, and just in the game description on the D/L page it has that newest expression "Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game", which BFG seems to use nowadays for every game that is somehow genre-mixed. (And as soon as we have the next timed HOG, they'll probably add TM to it. ) Down there on the D/L page it also lists "More adventure" and "more puzzle" games only.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 1:29:14 PM PST

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Sep 5, 10 1:54 PM
Well that sucked. I couldn't get the cursor to work and even when I went back to my regular cursor it wouldn't work. I would have liked to play it but it just wouldn't run properly. Too bad.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 5, 10 2:06 PM
Thanks, NixySeven, will try both!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 5, 10 2:09 PM
_DD_ wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:I am confused and ran out of demo time. The main screen said there is a strategy guide - does it not work in this version? Does anybody know?
I just answered this in another thread, and I was confused about the question at first, because to the best of my knowledge, only CE's have a built-in SG.

The button in a game is just advertising, just like buttons labelled "our other games" and the like. In this case also, I didn't even try it out at first, cos it "has always been that way" <g> - and indeed, it just leads you to the BFG site where it can be downloaded and bought (!). Look at the game d/l page also, it's linked from there.

And that's why we are happy with the W/t!

AH-HA!! Thanks for responding and clearing that up for me - I don't use them anyway unless I am stuck beyond patience and can't find a tip in the game forums here, but had seen that in the demo and didn't know it would lead you to a "pay-for" guide.

Thanks again DD - I appreciate your insight.

shadowfax

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Sep 5, 10 2:32 PM
Unlike most of you, my concern is with the puzzles, not the cursor or the inventory. They seem to be difficult and often and I don't want to spend most of my time with this game solving puzzles. I like the creepiness of it, though it could use more, the music is ok and so is the graphics and humor.
Is anyone else having trouble with the puzzles or think they are difficult? I have seem some posts who said they thought them too easy. Maybe I am just dumb but what do any of you guys think about the difficulty level?
Would appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 2:36:24 PM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 5, 10 2:32 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:AH-HA!! Thanks for responding and clearing that up for me - I don't use them anyway unless I am stuck beyond patience
My patience limit is VERY low . You're welcome and thanks for saying thank you!

Go to: