Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only

[Post New]by elizclayton on Sep 5, 10 1:59 PM
Same cursor issues here also. My PC is all up to date too and I already did the Dr Felix thing when I had an issue playing "Echoes..."

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Sep 5, 10 2:03 PM
It seems I am having the same problems as everyone else. It is frustrating when you are trying to play,

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Sep 5, 10 2:04 PM
shoestringplayer wrote:Will the cursor issue be resolved before the $4.99 sale expires?

That's what I am wondering too......I want to buy this game with the sale price, but not until the cursor problem is fixed. I am having the same problems with my cursor also. I doubt it will be fixed thou, while this sale is still on. Maybe I will buy it anyways at the sale price, and then wait till a patch or update comes out, to play it then. I'm sure, since EVERYone here is having the same problem with the game, it will be updated. (i hope!)

[Post New]by Jfoxtrain on Sep 5, 10 2:08 PM
Nightmare is right! This is beyond frustrating. Can't get the cursor to go where I want. Can't pick things up. Can't put things down. I bought it. Wish I hadn't. Would be a neat game if not sooooo frustrating.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 5, 10 2:25 PM
Froze at one point and I couldn't close it. I had to shut down the computer to get out. I will try to continue, but I'm worried it might do that again.

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lovintnt on Sep 5, 10 2:32 PM
Wanted to add my name to the list of people complaining that the GAME is a problem. It is not my computer. As other have stated, the cursor is jumpy an the game is overall jerky and slow.

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Sep 5, 10 2:32 PM
Having most of the same problems as everyone else. Download was fine and picking up items was fine...but when I tried to pick up the rag to wet it with the water the game went crazy. Mouse jumping up and down (I have custom curser unchecked) wouldn't grab the rag...then it did but wouldn't move...then the screen froze and I had to use task manager to get out of the game.

Using windows 7 with a new computer. I've beta tested games for several sites but not this game. I wonder if this game had been beta tested...if so shouldn't this problem have been discovered and then fixed before release?

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on Sep 5, 10 2:57 PM
i am having the same problem as everybody else bloody cursor big fish should check all the games they put out for gliches its so frustrating please big fish check future games so these problems dont occur looks like it could be a good game as well so will have to wait for up date hope they fix it before sale goes off

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Sep 5, 10 3:34 PM
I hope they fix these glitches (cursor and loading/inventory slowness) before this great sale goes off!!!!! I would buy it in a heartbeat because otherwise it looks like a great game....Come on Big Fish....please fix it fast!!!

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Sep 5, 10 3:45 PM
The game installed fine and the graphics were beautiful until I entered the caretaker's house. The screen is white with thin gray lines covering the screen, the furniture in the room is a little deeper shade of white so you can't see them... the only thing that's visable is the chair. I tried using hints to find things to click on, and each time a box opened, the graphic was perfect. The problem is in the room. When I exit the room, all graphics are normal. I'm running Windows Vista, completely updated with the latest graphic and Direct X drivers. It looks like a good game but I'm not buying something I can't see. Please fix this.

Re:Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison - Technical Issues

[Post New]by LdyTxnFishie on Sep 5, 10 3:47 PM
DrGreed wrote:No cursor problems here. Games running fine. Have gotten to theiron gate where need the mold of a hand. Completed all and now need the mold of hand.. "HELP" says there should still be some water in that bottle... WHAT DANG BOTTLE??? no bottle no where!
HELP!!!

Bottle is in the graveyard DNA case get water from the birdbath

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 5, 10 3:50 PM
Yes, please do fix it quickly, the sale will be over and I need one more game to finish my card !! It is extremely frustrating this cursor jumping frantically all over the place. Tried unloading, reloading, etc, nothing works.

[Post New]by diflop on Sep 5, 10 3:59 PM
Every time I try to load the game, my screen starts flashing & the game never loads. I had to log off & retried it with the same results.

I download games just about every day & have never had any problems.

So I'm going to delete it and move on to a game that actually works.

[Post New]by TAZJO437 on Sep 5, 10 5:57 PM
I have also downloaded the game and also when I try to play it it flashes all over the place, I also had to rebot my P C twice so I just uninstalledit.

[Post New]by GreenDragonfly on Sep 5, 10 6:01 PM
I also had the same problem with the movement of the game. The cursor movement was actually okay til I tried to use my inventory on something. The change of scenery was slow. If I moved to a different area, it would slowly fade to black, then just as slowly fade back to another scene. Too bad, cause the game looked exciting. Kinda reminded me of Return to Ravenhearst, which I loved playing.

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Sep 5, 10 6:17 PM
I have the same problem with the cursor, have tried both, did a Dr Felix and installed all recommended updates less than a month ago. I bought the game and forgot to apply the code so it took my credit and I paid full price for a glitchy game. Grrrrrrr if not for that I'd like this game.

[Post New]by GreatDaneMom1 on Sep 5, 10 6:27 PM
Thank goodness I didn't buy the game first. I've downloaded twice with the same issues, screen doesn't fully load & every time I click on something it exits out to my desktop. Guess I'll wait for fixes before I even think about buying.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 5, 10 6:28 PM
The game is running fine on my WinXP PC - I turned off the custom cursor right at the beginning and have had no problems with that or any game play. However, I thought I should let the techs know that I had to use Task Manager to exit the game. When I tried to exit normally, the game froze up and "was not responding". I don't know if I will lose the progress that I had made in the game and do not have time to check now, but will edit this post if I DID lose my game progress.

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Sep 5, 10 6:36 PM
I am also having a problem on Win XP PC with the cursor. When I try to use an inventory item, the cursor develops a life of its own and the inventory item may or may not come out of inventory. I tried both with and without the custom cursor. The result was the same.

rial03
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by rial03 on Sep 5, 10 6:37 PM
Cursor problem is making it extremely difficult to enjoy the game. Does anyone know when this will or if this will be resolved. Feel cheated since I purchased the game!!!

Go to: