ShazzaB
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by ShazzaB on Sep 25, 10 1:13 AM
I've played level 2.5 about 20 times and can't get gold on on it. If I try this many times and can't get it, I don't mind using the cheats so that I can see the castle develop. It's not that I couldn't finish the level in time, I couldn't finish it in time to get gold and I was never going to, obviously.

Therefore, I used the cheats just to get the castle on levels I'd tried over and over again. Oh, my!

[removed by moderator]

I've found the people and their posts in this forum to be really helpful, I've accessed it plenty of times for help. I actually purchased the game after reading their reviews.

And thank you very much Cherubabies for posting it, I thought it was great for you to share your info, you didn't have to.

By the way, if anyone wants a truly fantastic TM game, give Royal Envoy a go, it's the cutest game I've ever played.


Edited on 10/26/2010 at 2:46:31 PM PST


 
katlady3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by katlady3 on Sep 25, 10 5:14 PM
Ok Cherubabies, I guess I'm not to bright. lol I got to the game file name, open it, then clicked on data, then levels....and I can't find any .dsc files. What am I doing wrong? This game is frustrating the poop out of me!! In the level file, it just shows each level, and when I click on it there are no .dsc files, and it doesn't look anything like what you show it should! Thanks if you can help!

 
robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 25, 10 6:09 PM
I've played level 2.5 about 20 times and can't get gold on on it.


Look for the existing forum topic "2.5 Double Fish Hut (gold solution)."

That has an alternate method (doesn't require any file changes) that works for people like me who are somewhat slower clickers. It might be worth a shot.

Robin

p.s. As mentioned, I am a slower clicker, and I was able to eventually get gold on every level except the whack-a-mole ones, where I did have to use the skip option. So it can be done, but it's definitely not easy.

 
Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 25, 10 7:47 PM
katlady3 wrote:Ok Cherubabies, I guess I'm not to bright. lol I got to the game file name, open it, then clicked on data, then levels....and I can't find any .dsc files. What am I doing wrong? This game is frustrating the poop out of me!! In the level file, it just shows each level, and when I click on it there are no .dsc files, and it doesn't look anything like what you show it should! Thanks if you can help!


You opened your Levels folder and there were no .dsc files? What files are you getting then? Can you find Level_01_01 for example? You should have two of these files. If so, open the 1st one and change the LevelTime. Then do the same for all the others. The 1st of each should be the .dsc file (using Windows XP).

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 7:51:01 PM PST


 
katlady3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy

[Post New]by katlady3 on Sep 26, 10 1:52 PM
Cherubabies wrote:
katlady3 wrote:Ok Cherubabies, I guess I'm not to bright. lol I got to the game file name, open it, then clicked on data, then levels....and I can't find any .dsc files. What am I doing wrong? This game is frustrating the poop out of me!! In the level file, it just shows each level, and when I click on it there are no .dsc files, and it doesn't look anything like what you show it should! Thanks if you can help!


You opened your Levels folder and there were no .dsc files? What files are you getting then? Can you find Level_01_01 for example? You should have two of these files. If so, open the 1st one and change the LevelTime. Then do the same for all the others. The 1st of each should be the .dsc file (using Windows XP).


ok, Cherubabies, I go to program files, then to the bigfish folder, then to my kingdom folder...when i open that folder it has different dolders under it. And one of those folders is pic, levels, etc. When I open the levels folder each level is there. Here is a partial copy of what i get when I open the levels file:.....this is for level 4.8: music=5
numlevelobjs=490
idcount=1314
idend=0
gamemode=0
selectmode=0
numselect=0

dark=0
startview=0
mg_type=0
screenx=0
numstrings=0
Am I in the right place? My problem is I can't get thru the level before dark!!








<

 
Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 26, 10 4:09 PM
Crikey, I don't have that at all! I go straight into Program Files and then My Kingdom for the Princess folder. No BigFish folder. I honestly don't know what you're looking at. Your Level information is all different too. What version of Windows are you using?

 
katlady3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by katlady3 on Sep 26, 10 4:50 PM
b]
Cherubabies wrote:Crikey, I don't have that at all! I go straight into Program Files and then My Kingdom for the Princess folder. No BigFish folder. I honestly don't know what you're looking at. Your Level information is all different too. What version of Windows are you using?


[i]OK...I finally found it! You're right, there are 2 files for each level, and I was opening up the wrong one! I'm on Windows XP. I just have 1 more question....Is there a way to change the amount of time I have before it gets dark? I noticed everybody is trying to get a gold score....while I'm just trying to beat the level? LOL.
Level 4-8 turns dark right as I'm getting the last flower picked! Any suggestions? Thanks for all of your help, It's been great. BTW, where did you get the game Roads Of Rome? Realore? I can't wait til that game gets to BF so I can buy!! Thanks!

 
Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 27, 10 1:30 AM
Try changing Deadline.

Roads of Rome is being offered here on BigFish today! Woo Hoo! And yes you can change the settings once again if you get stuck!

 
katlady3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by katlady3 on Sep 27, 10 11:01 AM
Bless you....thanks for all of your help! I needed it, or I was going to throw the game away!

 
Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 27, 10 1:28 PM
My pleasure!

 
goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by goofygran on Sep 28, 10 5:57 AM
Cherubabies wrote:
I wouldn't change them just to win!


I would and I have!

so what have you won then?
just my humble opinion but I don't see the point in buying a game if you don't PLAY it. You may as well just go outside and slot your $6.99 down the nearest drain.

 
Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 28, 10 6:04 PM
goofygran wrote:
Cherubabies wrote:
I wouldn't change them just to win!


I would and I have!

so what have you won then?
just my humble opinion but I don't see the point in buying a game if you don't PLAY it. You may as well just go outside and slot your $6.99 down the nearest drain.


You DO play it! You're just giving yourself a CHANCE to Win!

So you think it's OK to buy a Game and not get past Level 3 for example? AND THAT isn't throwing money down the drain??? Well good luck to you!

Edited on 09/28/2010 at 7:31:31 PM PST


 
goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by goofygran on Sep 29, 10 12:58 AM
Cherubabies wrote:
goofygran wrote:
Cherubabies wrote:
I wouldn't change them just to win!


I would and I have!

so what have you won then?
just my humble opinion but I don't see the point in buying a game if you don't PLAY it. You may as well just go outside and slot your $6.99 down the nearest drain.


You DO play it! You're just giving yourself a CHANCE to Win!

So you think it's OK to buy a Game and not get past Level 3 for example? AND THAT isn't throwing money down the drain??? Well good luck to you!

I suppose I have a different approach than you then because I download a game and play for the free hour to see if it's going to be an interesting challenge or too simple or too confusing etc If I still feel that I will enjoy the game after the hour then I will buy it. If it's too frustrating or difficult or boring after the hour I uninstall it, Simples!!

 

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by Shrimp_n_Grits on Sep 29, 10 6:04 AM
WOW!!!! And THANK YOU!!!!

Hope BF and the developers are paying attention to the fact that their customers are having to resort to this.

There's a big difference in creating a challenging game vs. an impossible to complete game.

 

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by chesherecat on Oct 1, 10 1:23 PM
Cherubabies wrote:You're Welcome!

For those who can't Save - Are you using Notepad?

When you change the .dsc File in Notepad and then Close the File, it will ask you whether to Save the changes or not.

You have to click YES. Hope that helps!


It would not let me save it as it says access denied

 
LJol
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by LJol on Oct 3, 10 6:47 AM
For those who can't save,right click on the .dsc document before changing and change your permissions to allow you to write before editing and then it should let you change it.

 
teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Oct 3, 10 7:11 AM
OK, I'm not really a TM person but based on reviews for MKP and Royal Envoy, I plunked down the cr's and am going to give it a go. Royal Envoy I've enjoyed but just starting and haven't tried MKP yet. I am just posting here for now so I could save a link to this info in case I need it later. I believe in trying to accomplish whatever until I get blue in the face but being frustrated is well, just frustrating, so I would resort to a little help if need be. Different strokes for different folks. Good job on those who were able to accomplish gold (whatever way you chose to do it).

 
Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Oct 4, 10 1:33 AM


[removed by moderator]

So you know in one hour if there are going to be extremely difficult Levels ahead that you will NOT be able to finish? I DON'T THINK SO. You can't possibly determine the level of difficulty ON ALL LEVELS in just one hour. I'm sure many people purchased this Game not realizing the difficulty of the later levels ahead, didn't they? Or else they wouldn't be asking for HELP on the Forum, would they?

Edited on 10/26/2010 at 2:47:48 PM PST


 
boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by boogienites on Oct 5, 10 3:05 PM
Why should I have to use a "Cheat" to win a game??? Why have they made this game so difficult that it is almost impossible to get from one level to another. This is my last time purchasing Kingdom games.

 
vernete
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by vernete on Oct 6, 10 11:26 AM
I agree that no game should be impossible for the average gamer to win...but what are you gonna do? Complaining to BF does no good aparently, and i have numerous games that I can't finish due to the level difficulty.
Cherubabies, I'm gonna lose my last working brain cell before long...lol When I right click on the .dsc lvl, I do not get the option to open with notebook, or anything else for that matter. ( I also tried the suggestion of opening properties to go into the security tab, but there was no security tab...)
I have also left clicked the .dsc lvl file and was told windows can't open it. Not sure what to do now or how to do it. I'm just about brain dead from all this and wish I could just somehow send you my puter and let you do it...:}
But thanks for trying, and just so's ya know, I loved reading your response to the 'idiot'...lol

 
 
 
 
Go to: