Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only.

[Post New]by lindakathy on Nov 10, 10 4:53 PM
I tried playing this a couple months ago, but had major cursor problems.
Just did what was recommended. Uninstall and reinstall. This is Nov 10 and the cursor is just as bad as ever. I thought there was a fix.

[Post New]by donna4953 on Nov 13, 10 4:21 AM
I am having trouble in collecting the fly, moss and mushroom for the blue pouch in the Asylum portion. When I go for these items all that shows is the Eye. When I pick up the knife for the Moss the banner says "I don't moss now maybe later" I've already completed the red pouch and cannot continue the game without the blue pouch to get the 4th arrow. I have deleated and reinstalled the game 3 times and it does the same thing each time. Any ideas what to do next?

tlight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tlight on Nov 17, 10 7:35 AM
I downloaded the trial version to play on a 64-bit Vista system and I could only get through 4 or 5 minutes of game time in about 20 minutes real time. It looked like a decent game, but I am going to give this one a pass.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 25, 10 9:00 PM
Screen just flashes, game wont start!!!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Dec 10, 10 9:17 PM
Having the same problem as a lot of other people with very sluggish game play and cursor impossible to control. Too bad because I really liked the game other than that. Definitely a NO BUY for me...

Edit: And I'm REALLY getting tired of expecting us to beta test games after they are released.

Edited on 12/10/2010 at 9:18:19 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 12, 10 11:09 PM
The graphics are so clear, love this game. No porblems until slider game. I cannot get squares to slide. They will not move at all and I have removed the roman numeral square.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Dec 12, 10 11:18 PM
I haven't been able to play this game since it came out and I purchased it. It won't advance says I did everything but won't advance so I stopped tiring. Aince someone sais there 's been a fix I may delete and install again and see if it works. syl Hugs!

[Post New]by melebrity on Dec 28, 10 11:02 AM
In the game in the labratory with the arrow buttons, I can no longer push any of the buttons. Previously, I was able to (although I hadnt figured out the right order yet), however, I now, no matter how many times I restart the game, and game manager, I cannot press any of the buttons at all, and thus there is no way to solve this puzzle, and get any further in the game. Very dissapointing

[Post New]by sero10 on Dec 31, 10 10:23 AM
If I downloaded the game today...do I have the latest version that was supposed to correct all of the sluggish cursor problems? I have played for about 12 minutes and I can't do much of anything since there is such a lag in time. I have manually checked for updates, but says all of my games are up to date. I have read the forum and this was an issue when this game was first released...shows an update was completed...but I am still having this problem.

It seems like a nice game and I want to purchase it before the end of the day...to get credit on this month's punch card...and to get it for the lower price.

Thanks...

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 31, 10 4:06 PM
Same problem, flashing screen and the game won't start. But it did work yesterday during the trial period. I had no problems what's so ever. Then I bought it for the "Game of the Year" special and tried it today, only to have joined the other fishies caught in this "Net" of technical difficulties. BF please release us and fix this and let us go free to play. LOL I thought BF was a catch and release pond. LOL

QJ31
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by QJ31 on Jan 2, 11 10:40 AM
Another one here who played the one hour trial without any problems at all and now I have purchased the whole game on the Game of the Year promotion, it truly is a 'Nightmare Adventure'!!

The cursor is all over the place regardless of what option I select, the puzzles move so painfully slowly that I forget any strategy I was trying to use. I have looked all the way through this forum for some sort of practical help but all I can see is the Customer Services keep cutting and pasting the same part from the FAQ in the help section. Newsflash!! That doesn't actually help!

Most of us experienced gamers are well aware that the problems could be caused if updates are needed but what do we do if we've updated anything and everything we can get our hands on and still the game plays like the worst kind of 80's robotic dancing?

I know we can get a refund (eventually) but sometimes I'd actually like to be able to play a game offered.

[Post New]by QuickSand2639 on Jan 5, 11 7:57 PM
I reached the entry to the lab where you have to use the sun tile to enter the boarded up door. When I go to use the tile, it does not work; as a matter of fact, nothing works. The hint says to use the sun tile, but it does not work. The cursor jumps. The cursor isn't the bigger problem, its that the game won't let anyone proceed further. What do I do? I am using a Mac Book Pro with OS X 10.5.8

[Post New]by Shortykaren49 on Jan 6, 11 6:21 AM
Slow cursor ( I took it off custom because it was impossibly slow), slow load up of pages, problems accessing the tool bar, slow movement of pieces playing games, all contributed to what otherwise was a really good game but these problems were so annoying it was hard to enjoy.

sadies_dad
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sadies_dad on Jan 7, 11 3:35 PM
Just another "me-too" on the cursor movement problems. My drivers are all the latest available, and other games play fine. The worst problems occur when there's a small window in the middle of the screen (like you're doing something with an inventory item). I can't play it in this condition.

sadies_dad
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sadies_dad on Jan 10, 11 9:35 AM
The slow program operation, combined with (or perhaps causing) jerky, sluggish pointer movements removes all fun from playing the game. I find that I'm just SKIPPING puzzles because they're too painful to do with the delays in response to mouse movements.

Late Edit: I don't want to seem displeased with the game. It has gobs and gobs of great puzzles - far more than I find in most games. However, I'm unhappy that I have to "skip" so many of them because the slow program response to mouse movements make them virtually impossible to do.

Edited on 01/11/2011 at 7:05:04 AM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 10, 11 1:32 PM
Hi Fishies!

If you're having trouble with the cursor, I would recommend checking for any available updates for your system. More information can be found here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already checked for updates and are still having trouble, or if you have any questions on the steps in the help article, please contact our Customer Support team.

Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by panamount1 on Jan 16, 11 9:28 AM
Did you get an answer to the mini puzzle with numbers problem? I am stuck at the same thing.

[Post New]by Alimarie104 on Feb 26, 11 12:43 PM
I was playing the demo and really liked it. I decided to purchase. my game had expired in the demo mode right as i opened up the locker to get the gelatin...I went back in and i cannot grab the gelatin ive clicked all over it andi cant pick it up what should i do? must be a glitch very dissapointing bc i really like the game

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 26, 11 1:21 PM
Alimarie104 wrote:I was playing the demo and really liked it. I decided to purchase. my game had expired in the demo mode right as i opened up the locker to get the gelatin...I went back in and i cannot grab the gelatin ive clicked all over it andi cant pick it up what should i do? must be a glitch very dissapointing bc i really like the game
Sometimes the BigFish activation process can interfere with game progress or inventory items. If this has happened with your game, the best solution is to start over with a new profile so you can complete the game successfully. The upside is that you get to play the beginning a 2nd time, so it is easier.

[Post New]by wanttonowu on Feb 28, 11 5:28 AM
Anyone who knows the soluton to the problem ppl are have whit the game not starting?
I get the flickering too, cant start the game, and can only close it again by closing my computer.
This really sucks, even updated all they suggested in the help section inc uninstall/reinstalling the game.

Go to: