Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by ZIPPURR on Oct 8, 10 5:26 AM
Help!
How do I remove the piece of paper in the lock on the garden door - have I missed something. This is a great game so far. Just down loaded the regular game - I don't need extra stuff. Thanks for any help.

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by magicalblue on Oct 8, 10 10:55 PM
Can someone help me! I can't hook the boat. I have tried everything and nothing. Please someone tell me how to hook the boat. Thank you.

If you haven't got this as of jet this is how to do it. Break the oil jar with the HAMMER and take the BOAT HOOK

Edited on 10/10/2010 at 10:11:04 PM PST

[Post New]by sohumgoddess on Oct 9, 10 12:40 PM
Fill up the bucket with water and pour it in the hole. Then you'll be able to get the ball and give it to the dog. Then you can cut his rope and he'll run away

[Post New]by sohumgoddess on Oct 9, 10 12:42 PM
No Tips? Help!!

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Oct 13, 10 6:15 AM
gntpat wrote:I cant poke the key out of the bedroom door so it will fall onto the newspaper. I need to get into that room.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

NEWSPAPER TO GET KEY FOR BEDROOM

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Oct 13, 10 6:17 AM
Where did you get the newspaper to get the key from the other side of the bedroom door i am stuck

[Post New]by navymomltcmdr on Oct 13, 10 2:33 PM
Bean1945 wrote:This game is driving me crazy! I've tried 4 times now and get stuck in the same place. I've collected the clamp and the small shovel and returned to the fountain area outside the Boiler room. Where is the Hidden Object area? I can't progress without the sack. The only sparkles are around the lamp but that's not the hidden object area. In desperation I carefully followed the strategy guide just in case I missed something but the same problem occurred. Where am I going wrong?

[Post New]by navymomltcmdr on Oct 13, 10 2:36 PM
I am also having trouble finding the sack....can't find the hidden object area at the fountain either. Have you had any luck?? Thanks

piper137
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

NEWSPAPER TO GET KEY FOR BEDROOM

[Post New]by piper137 on Oct 18, 10 5:10 PM
frazerpaul wrote:Where did you get the newspaper to get the key from the other side of the bedroom door i am stuck
You still have to get the pliers..and unwind the coat hanger in the window sill..keep on playing..you will get the pliers

[Post New]by Baddams on Oct 24, 10 10:53 AM
im stuck i cant get the key out of the bedroom door i have found the newspaper and the hanger i just cant get the key out of the key hole help me please

[Post New]by robynneb on Oct 25, 10 9:49 PM
I can't find the eagle statue, can anyone advise me
Thanks

[Post New]by nomfitz on Oct 26, 10 9:46 PM
I have found if I get stuck in 1 area, to go to a different place or area & keep looking for as much as I can find. Try all different objects in different areas then go back to a previous place you were stuck with newly found objects & try the tasks again.

[Post New]by nomfitz on Oct 29, 10 1:44 PM
I bought this game with a game credit. I wanted the strategy guide so I paid for the collectors edition. My game still doesn't have the strategy guide & wants me to go purchase the collectors edition all over again. It would be great if there is an upgrade price to the collectors edition & that it ACTUALLY upgrades when you pay the price. Why haven't I received what I paid for?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 1, 10 11:07 AM
Hi nomfitz,

Welcome to the pond!

This sounds like a bit of a billing question: I can suggest getting in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. We definitely want you to be happy with your game!

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by nomfitz on Nov 3, 10 12:58 PM
Thanx so much. Will get onto that straight away.

[Post New]by jimsgalcalia on Nov 3, 10 5:29 PM
I started playing this game and now it just stands there has any one had prob with this game or is it just mine

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 4, 10 9:49 AM
Hi jimsgalcalia,

Welcome to the pond!

Have you tried any updates or disabling Aero? Sometimes these help.
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I can also suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. We definitely want you to be able to play your game!

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by Vickiel on Nov 15, 10 4:11 PM
texlone wrote:hello,i got to the boiler,lit the fire and got the boiler parts on.....BUT the bpoiler wont start when i press the blue start button........any advise from somebody TY
I am having the same problem. In fact i even started the game over again and I still can't get anywhere. I go to the door and put the key in and said I needed to start the boiler. The fire is burning, gears ore in place and the blue button will not turn it on. Have you figured it out yet?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 15, 10 6:53 PM
Vickiel wrote:
texlone wrote:hello,i got to the boiler,lit the fire and got the boiler parts on.....BUT the bpoiler wont start when i press the blue start button........any advise from somebody TY
I am having the same problem. In fact i even started the game over again and I still can't get anywhere. I go to the door and put the key in and said I needed to start the boiler. The fire is burning, gears ore in place and the blue button will not turn it on. Have you figured it out yet?

Vickiel~ the blue button is NOT a button, it is a nut that needs to be placed on the center of the wheel on the boiler. Click and drag it to the center of the wheel.

[Post New]by Vickiel on Nov 16, 10 12:52 PM
WilJul wrote:
Vickiel wrote:

Vickiel~ the blue button is NOT a button, it is a nut that needs to be placed on the center of the wheel on the boiler. Click and drag it to the center of the wheel.

Thank-you! I finally figured that out by accident. I was just going to write my discovery to you when I saw you beat me to it. Thanks again.

Go to: