Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Editio

[Post New]by seagoddess13 on Sep 10, 10 11:51 AM
sixmilecoss wrote:well, i must be pretty stupid as i can't even get past the dog. all i have is a rag, a branch, a bucket and a glove. there is no hint button.

I'm stuck here too. Looks like a good game but I don't appreciate getting stuck in the first few minutes with no way to get help!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 10, 10 12:17 PM
This is the first CE I've ever bought. I have the first EAP and really liked it, and since the price for CEs went down it's mine

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by divaprods on Sep 10, 10 12:43 PM
LOVE IT!!! Worth the money, it's very long and I"m just in the first chapter

bobbiemark
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiemark on Sep 10, 10 1:32 PM
what can I say, 1st class in every way I have the other Edgar Allan Poe's games but this is the best. It is well worth the money. Only one thing my family not too happy as I had to play the game till the end so they had to see to them selves. to any one thinking of buying done just do it you will not be disapointed.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Sep 10, 10 1:57 PM
Long, great, well worth!

LilSherlock
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Editio

[Post New]by LilSherlock on Sep 10, 10 3:00 PM
tredzwater wrote:Darn it! I couldn't drag myself away from the game long enough to post a review early so I'll just "me too" all the complimentary ones.

Awesome game and the new price meant that I didn't have to wait around, chewing my nails, for the regular edition to come out. I could grab the CE as soon as the notice reached my Inbox.

BTW, I didn't even demo it. I liked the first Dark Tales, loved the 2nd and adore the third. It'll be hard for the developers to top this one but I have faith.

I tore myself away just to post a review so I'm hurrying back to play while the dust gently settles on my furniture and my kitten gets his scritchies one-handed.

I'm confused by your comment that you love all three of the Dark Tales games???? I thought there was only two Dark Tales, can you tell me which one I am missing????

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 10, 10 4:05 PM
Love the game and have purchased it! Enjoy the music and the artwork. I got stumped in the beginning, outside the gates, but have had no problem working my way through the rooms so far--have played over an hour. In the hidden object scenes the items are cleverly hidden but not too hard to find. Have only used the hint once and had no problem with it. I also liked the first game in this series and hope they continue it.

DD - try using the Caps Lock key to escape. Works for me on every game.

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 4:07:08 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 10, 10 4:14 PM
The other Poe game is a different series. This one is Dark Tales 2, first one was Rue Morgue. The other series is Midnight Mysteries 1 Edgar Allen Poe Conspiracy and MM2 is Salem Witch Trials.

Strategy Guide works very well, lots of screen shots you can zoom in on. Only neg so far is I'm still in Chapter 1 and there are 111 pages to SG. It doesn't seem to "bookmark" where I am, so the few times I went to it right on my game page I had to flip through the pages to get back to where I am starting page 1. I assume that many pages is for the whole game, not just chapter 1. Hope when I'm in Chapter 2 I don't have to page up to there. Oh well, on walkthroughs I have to scroll down. I'd like the SG to go to where I am in the game, but it is very helpful with the screen shots. Well worth the extra $6.99 for me for convenience and I don't understand why others expect them to be free. After all, you get it early too before WT spoilers come out.

One CE $13.99, 3 punches, one game credit for new reg $6.99, one freebie from last month's punch bonus, hey $20.98 for 3 games is certainly a bargain and affordable for my limited budget. I'm low income disabled too. PLUS a free game next month to do it again. No complaints here, just a happy fishie. Usually enough change left to buy some DDs. Thanks for having a club

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 4:15:56 PM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 10, 10 4:15 PM
I might like the game better if there was a guide built in to help you get started. I usually don't have trouble doing these games and can figure them all out without any walkthroughs, but not this one.

I'm stuck on the same razor/branch/string bench that everyone is complaining about. I know the idea is to combine them, but getting them to do that is just TOO HARD for a simple game! And there's NO guide with the demo, not even a walkthrough on the site as usual.

I'm not going to waste time looking around on YouTube and other sites for a way to combine these items and then find the same issues throughout the game.

I'll wait for the regular version to come out and then try again. By then, there might be issues resolved, a walkthrough available, etc.

Not worth the price and I told myself not to buy another CE verson.

I did love the graphics and theme, though. I am a fan of Poe.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 10, 10 4:20 PM
I have the same question as Lilsherlock - I thought there was only one game before this but from some entries in this thread it sounds like there are more. What name are they under? Thanks

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 10, 10 4:22 PM
Read other posts on this forum, there's already tips how to combine those first items explained, that helped me when I was on the timed demo and couldn't spend the time on them, so thx for the solutions Margie (I think it was her, or another player) Read the topic on this forum.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 10, 10 4:26 PM
Thank you for clarifying that Puzzledone.

Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by narvik on Sep 10, 10 4:46 PM
I am stuck on the bench with the knife, stick, and the string. I drag the knife over the string and stick, but non-thing happens? What am I doing wrong?

Anita

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 10, 10 5:06 PM
Well I decided to give this a try and knew within a very few moments that the game wasn't for me. Not surprizing, I haven't liked any of the EAG games yet. I just find them frustrating. No problem though , there are plenty of games that I do like. My one complaint; when I decide I don't want to continue with a game and want to exit from it, the last thing I want to see is some long scene from it. When I hit escape everything froze and I had to shut done my computer to get to where I wanted to go. I know a lot of people enjoy the Edgar Allen Poe games but I can't see myself trying any more of them.

[Post New]by teach1child on Sep 10, 10 6:16 PM
I absolutely loved this game!!! It was worth every penny. I love the challenge, the music, graphics and the length. Too bad all the games are not like this.

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Sep 10, 10 6:33 PM
Im not sure of this one. Is it worth the CE price,? I finished the demo easily within 40 minutes, so how long is the game. Puzzles seem easy, Im in two minds wether to purchase or not.

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Sep 10, 10 7:01 PM
I really loved playing the demo in this game and have just purchased it. I think it was very tricky in areas, which I love...gets the old brain working. Sometimes you have to think outside of the box, it's loads of fun.
I think this game will take me a while to complete, as I don't rush it or skip puzzles, I like the challenge of working them out, even if it takes me ages and I end up tearing my hair out lol.
A definate winner!

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Sep 10, 10 7:15 PM
Great game bought it!! play half way thru demo and bought it...great !!

[Post New]by Legolass on Sep 10, 10 7:36 PM
[b]Loved this game. Interesting story, beautiful graphics, wonderful puzzles and LOTS of game play. Bonus Content really had content. Much more complex than the first Dark Tales. Looking forward to the next installment. SPASIBO!!!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Sep 11, 10 1:37 AM
Yes! A wonderful and balanced game, works smoothly, nice soothing music and great graphics, Thank you to all involved!

Go to: