Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Trouble

[Post New]by Airmid on Sep 12, 10 6:50 PM
Ooopps, there's that troublesome **** in place of my 'hidden object' short form. Thought we'd gotten over that one some time ago??!! Sorry about that fellow fishies.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 12, 10 7:06 PM
Thought it was a lot of fun and it reminded me of some adventure games of days gone by. It had humor, puzzles that were not too easy, but not frustrating. Really enjoyable.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Sep 13, 10 11:26 AM
The dialogue in this game made me laugh. I have a very dry sense of humor and I cannot remember the last time I laughed out loud at a BFG release. Nice job!

I did not purchase the game because I finished the 1-hour demo with a bit over 50% complete and did not feel the cost was worth the small bit I had left to play.

Thank you for a cute and funny game.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 13, 10 11:25 PM
Airmid wrote:Just finished playing Royal Trouble.....What a delight!!!! It was as much fun as Vampireville..which I have replayed many times just for laughs.

Royal Trouble is a 'light', happy game and the developers have as weird a sense of humour as I do. It just makes you smile.

A number of other fishes have said that it is rather short...but I didn't really find it that way...I play oodles of **** and Adventure games and while not a wizz I'm not that slow....this game kept me occupied for over 4 hours. I played at the 'advance' level and only skipped one puzzle.

The graphics are charming, bright, clear and very well done. This games makes a very pleasant 'interlude' from other great games like RTR/Dire Grove etc.

Definitely worth the money, IMO. Thanks Big Fish....and more please.

ps...if you like this game and haven't tried Vampireville, you really should.!!

Thank you so much for the suggestion of Vampireville! I purchased it and I'm loving it.

[Post New]by SassyTeffie on Sep 14, 10 11:09 AM
The graphics were cartoon-y but well done. The gameplay was fairly interesting. My biggest complaint...it was WAY too short! I played the demo and liked it so I used my monthly credit to buy it...and got another half hour of gameplay out of it. I felt like I had wasted my money!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 16, 10 6:16 AM
I can't believe I am out of time already! I just couldn't stop playing. I rarely play a full hour of a game. I was so immersed in this one, I forgot I was on trial LOL.
Will be buying this one. If not this month, next month for sure.
I love that I have to figure out what to do and the hint system is great, (just in case).
I hate to have to use it. But this game is wonderful for beginners playing adventure games. Love the story and the graphics as well.
It will be a long game for me. Thank you Derak and Team!!

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Sep 16, 10 11:15 AM
I totally loved this game. It was just plain awesome. Clear, colorful, and humurous. Thanks BFG!

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on Sep 16, 10 5:39 PM
OK-GAME,,TOO SHORT FOR THE MONEY-TOOK ME 4 1/2 HOURS TO FINISH-TOO MUCH TALKING BETWEEN CHARACTORS- GOOD GRAPHICS AND I LIKED THE HELP OPTIONS. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORTH THE MONEY IF IT WAS LONGER AND THE STORY WENT ON LONGER.

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Sep 20, 10 7:12 AM
tinyseahorse wrote:TOO SHORT FOR THE MONEY-TOOK ME 4 1/2 HOURS TO FINISH

It's just $1.55 per hour of entertainment. How can you say it's too short for money? Too short, ok. But too short for money?

It's better to play shorter game that is fun than longer that is boring!

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Sep 21, 10 10:39 PM
Royal Trouble:
Length for me in casual mode about 4.5 hrs. I skipped three puzzles due to time constraints.

Pros:
Storyline is in cartoon form, creative, imaginative, humorous, refreshing, and a real change from the doom and gloom and occult. I didn't want to stop playing once I started it.
Would make a lovely family game. It is the type of game that makes you feel good with a happy ending!
The graphics were excellent and I loved the facial features on the characters.
There is a lot of dialogue to read. Not sure if adding voice choice would be good or bad.
The two character role playing and interaction was very enjoyable and the method of communication between the two was sheer genius.
Characters and dialogue kept me in stitches it is so humorous. Unique characters. Cartoon quality of Cinderella. With beautiful and imaginative graphics.
The puzzles went from easy to challenging! Very creative.
The hint system was glorious - you could get as much information as you wanted - more companies should do this. No running to walk through or strategy guides this way!
Very reasonably priced for this quality game and I look forward to Orchids second offering.
Had a lovely ending!

Cons:
I'm a reader so the amount of dialogue with humor did not bother me. I have had games that go on and on that do drive me nuts and ruin it. So the designers will have to watch this on the next one.

It ended - can't wait to see these two perhaps plan a wedding and go on more adventures together!

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Sep 22, 10 2:56 AM
The extensive dialogue makes it tedious - I played 15 mins then got bored. I can't see it get more exciting, so it's a no-buy for me. Yawn!
Did kinda like the hint system though - althrough it was really too easy to rely on when stuck, insted of doing the thinking myself.

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 2:58:05 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 22, 10 5:12 AM
Orchid Games ("Heartwild Solitaire") has given us another winner, IMHO. This humorous, cartoonish game smacks of the "Monkey Island" series, but it's got its own charisma. The colorful graphics are really well done, the cut-scene voice acting is great, the inventory-item collecting and use make good sense, the scripting (while a bit wordy) perfectly fits the story line, and the musical background and sound effects are very nice. This game seems to be a true gamer's combo of adventure/hidden object/inventory fun--just the right amount of each, with a decent hint system and tutorial for those of us that need a push in the right direction from time to time. Only drawback (and not a big one)--game cursor only, no choice (but it worked fine--I just like the option). Four stars.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 22, 10 7:17 AM
WAY TOO MUCH DIALOGUE.

gypsybaby1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by gypsybaby1 on Sep 22, 10 9:59 AM
BO-RING! Way too much dialog and ridiculously simple 'adventure' setting. I don't see how this was a hidden object at all.

Already deleted the trial.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Sep 22, 10 1:11 PM
I loved this game and was sorry when it was over. I am not too big on dialogue usually but this was truly funny and enjoyable, especially with the changes in the facial expressions. I hope there will be a sequel and we won't have to wait too long for it. I am also a fan of the spooky vampire games but this was really fun and I would recommend it to anyone.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 22, 10 4:11 PM
what a lovely game! I zipped through it after about 4 hours because I wouldn't stop it was so funny and smartly done. I wasn't going to download it at all but on a bored whim did...wow, great game, intelligently put together, the crew who wrote this obviously enjoyed one another. The graphics are clear, not photorealistic..more cartoony, but they fit the story. This really isn't a kids game at all, you really have to work at it.
great lines, good music, fine game play...well worth the buy...just wish I hadn't gobbled it up and now it over. Like a good book and hitting the last page...
Kris

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Sep 22, 10 6:12 PM
just finished the game and thought it was cute..Good story line and good graphics..Quite different from the games I normally play..

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Sep 23, 10 6:30 AM
Just finished this game and I loved it!
Hope to see another installment this game.
It was a very refreshing game and enjoyed the banner between the two characters.
Thannk you BF.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Sep 23, 10 6:59 PM
I'm loving it too - great to have a really fun game with humor. Haven't seen that since Hide and Secret. Haven't finished yet - and you know - I'm really not interested in marathon games lasting for hours and hours at the expense of a good romp. For $7 if I can play for a few hours and really enjoy myself - it's all good. There are Match 3 and Time Management games you can literally play for days - but for HOG? Give me a very well thought out game and I don't care if it's 3 hours. Just my opinion...

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 24, 10 12:12 AM
I bought the game despite my dislike of excessive unnecessary banter and just finished playing it. It is really a fun game and I actually finished it without using any hints or walk-through help of any kind. So, if you are an Adventure Game challenged player such as myself (I rarely get too far in those LFAs) don't hesitate to give this game a try - you WILL be able to play it and it is a fun one. My only complaint about the game (besides all of the chit-chatting that goes on) is that it is an awfully short game, but I bought it on sale and definitely feel I got my money's worth there!!

Cheerio!!

shadowfax

Go to: