[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 23, 10 7:40 AM
i enjoyed this game

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vampire Brides: Love Over Death

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 24, 10 2:55 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I have only played half of the demo so far. Why you might ask?? Because of the ghastly eye for a hint button. It is so distracting - if I did buy the game I would have to put a post-it note there to cover it up...I hate it and a half hour was all I could bear of that for now.

Also, in that time period and that upper-class setting, did people really say "Yuck" all of the time. It just seemed out of place. The first time I laughed, the second time I wanted to smack her... "Yuck, dust!" "Yuck, cobwebs!!" Zip it, you sissy. LOLOL

Anyway - no review here, just peeves....
I would probably pick this game up as a DD though.

Just thought I would throw in my two cents since there hasn't been much activity in this thread for a couple of days. Don't even bother to pick it up as a DD, waste of money.

shadowfax

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 24, 10 2:57 AM
Shadowfax, don't even bother to buy it as a DD, it's a waste of money.

[Post New]by Hinewairangi on Sep 24, 10 7:25 PM
Help where do I find the keys for the chest in the daughters bedroom?

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Sep 25, 10 9:43 PM
thanks to every one for there opinions, i always check before downloading
as if the reveiws are poor, i save waisting my download .
thanks fishes,

[Post New]by Raynedai on Sep 30, 10 8:13 PM
Played the hour demo and liked it well enough to buy...however once I bought it I started having technical issues. Got stuck at the gears puzzle in the dugeon and could not get the gears to drop. I uninstalled and reinstalled, reconfigured the graphics to no avail. Very dissappointed in the game.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 30, 10 8:43 PM
I'm surprised at all of the negative comments. The game is not perfect, but I enjoyed it and I'm glad I bought it

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Oct 1, 10 10:59 AM
This is a no for me. Looked like it might be pretty good from the title.
Poor graphics. fuzzy. ****'s hidden behind things. I am not a fan of finding things in piles of junk. I don't mind having some ****'s but this one went overboard. When I have to use the hint button a lot because objects do not like they should I get discouraged. Did not even finish the demo. Just too boring. Sorry

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Oct 3, 10 7:25 PM
I disliked this game very much

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 5, 10 9:04 AM
wow! if i never see another barometer it will be too soon!

i really could not get into this game... the opening movie was more of a slideshow and a totally skipable one at that... it doesn't show anything that one wouldn't already know if following this genre... the cookie cutter people and dry dialogue didn't help, either... by the way... that's the way it goes into the game as well... there aren't any well rendered characters in the bunch, and the dialogue is cr@p to match!

the music was trying to be eerie but really it reflected the mood of this player - can this be the end? please!?! it was trite, and quite played out, frankly speaking...

and this game is also of the strictly linear variety... three times i tried to go down to the garden, and all she says is 'i don't need to go there' well what if i WANT to go there? huh? hate games that keep you on a tight schedule when there's no spice to be had elsewhere... and while i'm on the subject of the hackneyed and bland undertakings of our dear catalina - i prefer peppercorn ranch, myself - how about all the stakes, garlic and crucifixes lying about? overly protective, huh? worried about vampires much are we? and if the place is well-kept and such, why so many spiders running amuck? amuck-amuck-amuck!

anyway... i wish catalina would find her vampire lover and die already... it would make this game much more palatable!

mutemia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mutemia on Oct 9, 10 12:57 AM
The first half of the game was well done but after while the hidden object scenes were way too easy, it was impossible for me to keep my suspension of disbelief, and the ending was just abrupt and silly. Not the worst buy for me, but not the best. The worse buy in my opinion was the Sleepy Hollow Game.

[Post New]by dilsea on Oct 9, 10 11:16 AM
Possible SPOILER:
Ok, I love puzzle games and I like HOG...BUT they have to go with at the very least a "good" storyline. This one was fairly enjoyable to follow...however, the ending? Really?! Thats it? I was expecting something else to happen! Maybe to find out about her mother? Or what happened to her father? I have my opinion about where or what they are...but nope...THE END is all I got. **** Hum...

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Oct 10, 10 7:44 PM
This game was a disappointment for me, especially the ending. I will say no more.

[Post New]by beagleresort on Oct 16, 10 2:56 PM
AM so UPSET with this game. I just get through getting stuck (after several days) of Skip not working that I hit another. Am now at the rune/scroll, and skip won't work again. Have already played all of Void, waiting for game to be fixed. What a pain.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Oct 28, 10 9:38 PM
I used a free game I had coming to buy it rather than try it out first. Should have done that. I found it boring and too easy. I like puzzles that you need to figure out via clues you have collected. These are just random and time-consuming. I didn't think the graphics were very good either.

Also agree the eye hint "button" was awful, AND yes, the skip button didn't work for me either in at least 2 places. Also froze up completely in one spot (adding plants to the bowl to make medicine). Very frustrating.

Edited on 10/28/2010 at 9:41:51 PM PST

[Post New]by ArcheryMask on Dec 18, 10 5:10 PM
So interesting story connected with so boring HOG levels. Poor graphics. I can hardly see some objects.
I want really to know how does the story goes, but i cant force myself to play that ugly hidden object levels.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jul 2, 11 10:51 PM
Interesting story (I think), eye as hint button was awesome, but good lord, HOG after HOG. Here's a HOG, as a reward, you get... HALF of an item you need. No fears, another HOG. Okay, object here, use it, you need something else for the same place, soooooooo, ANOTHER HOG! There are so many hidden object scenes with so little reward that the story moves glacier-slow. I kept playing, because I wanted to see where the story goes, but even to get to the point in the game description, you have to play the full hour demo. See, even the flash-backs have HOGs. Actually, you don't get as far as the description, but you see you're near it. If you want the story, buy a few books; you'll get through them with less frustration (unless you go beyond HOG fan, and are completely insane for them). Not much in the way of mini-games, at least in proportion to the HOGs. Would not buy.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 14, 11 8:33 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Jan 2, 12 5:06 PM
I just played the game for what may be the third time. It isn't the best BFG has ever offered and it isn't the worst either. I don't recall if I paid for it or if I used a credit, but at $6.99 it would still be a bargain.

Also I did not find the hidden objects to be too small; I noticed several complaints along those lines and it struck me as odd, since I have had that problem myself with other games, but they weren't that bad in this one, though one Fishie did point out that in one hidden object scene, one of the objects (a bobbin?) was completely invisible and only by using the hint could I find where to click.

Some folks need to lighten up, I think. Most of BFG's offerings are bargains for the money and some of them, like the MCF series, are absolute masterpieces.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 5, 12 1:25 PM
I think devs need to realize that you can't just put vampires or pirates in a game and it will sell. People will demo, I always try out pirate and vampire games. But the game has to have something to hold my interest. Out of all the vampire games I have found on BF, I only have three (Dracula: Origin, Dracula: Love Kills, and Blood Oath). I did game a search once to look for vampire games and everything that came up I tried and passed on but those three. Same with pirate games, searched and I think I have two straight HOGs, two HOPAs, one M3, and a game whose genre I have no idea (Pirates of the Atlantic). I've passed on several HOPAs because they couldn't hold my interest.

If you can't keep someone interested in at least finishing the demo, you've got a problem (and with pirate themes, if you don't get me on the pirate ship until the end of the demo, set sail without me!).

This game reminds me of another one I played recently, Timeless: The Forgotten Town. I demo'd that game twice (CE and SE) but bought it even though the game didn't get to the town till the end of the demo. I played the game and it was like wandering around in a place where time stopped. That was sort of the point of that game, but this one has the same feeling but I don't think that's part of the plot.

Go to: