puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 8, 10 7:27 PM
Mys PI Lottery Ticket was my first of 5 I bought. I had become hooked on the first MCF Huntsville, HE Titanic and MCF Prime Suspects HOGs so the PI series were perfect timing, and graphics just as good, just straight fun all the way to the Unlimited scenes you can earn by finding those extra 2 whatever.

I didn't buy SanFran yet, probably will on a DD because I've got the Big City Adventures Series w/SF too. I think it was New York that first did add some cute animations, minimal interaction opening little additional scenes, or matching 2 items like shoe with polish. Those are the only changes I recall plus some riddle clues on some. And OMG I think I never finished some that had 50 or 75 levels? But could open Unlimited without finishing game.

I divide my games into Work and Play, obviously new adventure ihogs are in former, depends on mood, or time to play, or if I'm also watching (listening to) TV, or on the phone in a long dull conversation who would know with sound on Mute.

Only version I hated was Escape Rosecliff, dark, no color, hard on eyes and finished with just 49 of the 50 to open Unlimited Didn't enjoy it enough to start over.

I am finding new ihogs becoming uninteresting with same ole formulas, find crowbar open something find key open door, go here lock puzzle frustration, go to WT, skip it, go back to nice HOG finally, something new in inventory for who knows where.

In MysPI I too enjoy the 5 speed clicks, altho scoring or timing isn't important to me. Good test tho, or excercise for short term memory fading with age. I wait til I spot 5 but woe is me, I get 3 and think what was the next one? LOL Yup, retention fades like those multiple musical note minis. And I even play piano by ear. If those have a tune they're easier, but just colors and sound, forget it, SKIP!

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 7:31:54 PM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Nov 21, 10 10:22 PM
security alert------------my virus seeker is always on the alert for any threats well I keep uninstalling this game and reinstalling and guess what my SECURITY keeps telling me that theres a virus in this program and to GET RID OF IT//////////////////////////Pronto so I guess my wallet is a little leaner for I bought it before it warned me so watch this game for it can kill your puter.

[Post New]by MontanaRed on Nov 23, 10 1:23 AM
Haven't had a bit of trouble with this game, so maybe just whatever ant-virus you use. Sorry.

I love this game, but mostly because of the graphics makes me kinda homesick. San Francisco is my favorite city in the world!! But, the game itself is entertaining too.

[Post New]by olsenoasis on Nov 25, 10 1:08 PM
I am also showing a virus in Mystery PI Stolen in San Francisco. How can we correct this issue. Unistall and virus goes away - install virus is back. Really like the game but won't keep it do to virus issue.

BigCatMama
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by BigCatMama on Dec 15, 10 5:50 AM
If you're looking for a game that will sharpen your object-hunting skills, this is it. But that's all it is. If you like IHOGS with a story and lots of running around and picking up objects for use somewhere else, this game isn't for you.

Granted, the graphics are gorgeous and the H.O. scenes are well done - it's fun to run into a game whose developers have a sense of humor! (Just finished Queen of Spades, which isn't overloaded with lightheartedness The objects look like they're supposed to, and they're cleverly arranged so that finding them isn't too easy. And the clues are often clues to the clues (wish I could have found a more coherent way to say that!). 'Cleans teeth' and 'appears after rain' are good examples.

Observing each scene carefully on your first visit is a definite plus, since you'll be visiting each scene many times. But you never have to look for the same object twice, which cooled one of my major hot buttons.

I'm not sorry that I bought this game, but I won't be buying any more in the series. If I need relief after playing one the the 'heavier' games, I'll just come back to this one.

Tlucas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Tlucas on Dec 19, 10 7:24 AM
I love ths series...I am in the "old hat" group and after suffering 4 strokes in June, my brain can no longer handle the more complicated HOGs...however I am stuck at the end game. The crane is operating but that is about it...cannot figure out how or when to lower it to find the gold. IS THERE A WALK THROUGH?

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Dec 19, 10 4:31 PM
This is my first Mystery PI game and I'm enjoying the graphics, music and relative ease of the game after playing the 13th Skull and reviewing the walk through all too often!

So now I have a problem: It seems that in two of the SF scenes, the objects are placed below the tool bar on the bottom of the screen so that I cannot click on them; is this unique to my computer?

All comments, suggestions are welcome!
Is there someway I can flip the bottom (Start, name of open files) to the top, but then the top bar would be too deep as well...

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Dec 19, 10 4:42 PM
Well, thanks for listening! I've closed the "top" tool bar for Big Fish and now there is more space on the "bottom" of my screen and I found the missing items in the two Mystery PI scenes! It helps to talk it out...

[Post New]by bgray1245 on Mar 7, 11 7:19 AM
My game has become askew, that is off to the left side, not centered. Therefore, I cannot see the item to search for unless I make the game smaller, which makes it harder to hunt for the items. I need some help. I have tried many things and nothing I tried works.

[Post New]by bgray1245 on Mar 7, 11 7:19 AM
My game has become askew, that is off to the left side, not centered. Therefore, I cannot see the item to search for unless I make the game smaller, which makes it harder to hunt for the items. I need some help. I have tried many things and nothing I tried works.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Oct 23, 11 9:43 AM
A fabulous game in a fabulous series, with a pretty cool end puzzle . . . !

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Aug 1, 12 2:48 PM
I don't know how I missed this game, I love these games when I only have a few minutes and don't want to get really involved in a AHOG

jqpwmk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jqpwmk on Jul 9, 13 10:17 PM
memaw7 wrote:I don't know how I missed this game, I love these games when I only have a few minutes and don't want to get really involved in a AHOG

I need help , i stuck at the end. Someone send me a clue to worshipper214@yahoo.com .

jqpwmk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jqpwmk on Jul 10, 13 10:16 AM
Anniejo wrote:I have them all, love them.

Help, I am stuck at the end. I can't figure it out!

Go to: