fremaw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:New version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - September 18th 2010

[Post New]by fremaw on Sep 20, 10 4:36 AM
I too have to say that I have downloaded and uninstalled this game four times to no avail. The new version on September 18th won't go past the bfg screen. Hoping this will be fixed soon. I see others are still having the same problem with the new version. Will be watching and waiting.

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 4:39:46 AM PST

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

Re:New version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - September 18th 2010

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Sep 20, 10 7:45 AM
Thank you Mr_Russ for telling me how to delete my extra post. I never had to do it before so was unaware you could. Also, I don't really want my money back, I want the game fixed. When you offer a product, you should make sure it works. Getting money back is not fixing the problem. You should still be held accountable and stand behind you product. (not hiding behind it)

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 10 7:47 AM
Please understand that this is not a BFG product. I am sure that CS is doing the best they can, working with the developers to get the issues resolved.

Help BFG help you by using the green envelope on the right. Anything you post to a forum is only for the benefit of other players.

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 7:51:04 AM PST

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Sep 20, 10 10:24 AM
WHEW!! I made it through. I reinstalled the update, but I did have to come in under another name and start over. Good luck all.

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Sep 20, 10 10:51 AM
I just installed it last night and it still closes after the BF page comes up. It keeps going to BF as if I already played it thanks me for playing and asks if I want to play again. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again and it STILL is doing it so I think I am not going to waste my time on this one. It still has bugs.....bummer too.....

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Sep 20, 10 12:42 PM
Are we ever going to get these problems fixed??? I'm so disappointed with this way this game works.

ritzrita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ritzrita on Sep 20, 10 2:03 PM
Not on my version. Did what you said to do to find that there is not a new version. Get your story straight. Very disappointed.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 10 2:20 PM
?

-Hint button not working in first scene
-Game not starting or crashing after Big Fish Games splash screen

There are other problems still being worked on.

Spur1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Spur1 on Sep 20, 10 2:37 PM
I checked manually for updates and there were none. Why are some people getting updates and others aren't. They also don't address the big issue of the game not saving your location and putting you back at the front of the house. I want to finish playing but I can't sit here all day to finish the game in one setting.

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 2:38:56 PM PST

[Post New]by jinx57 on Sep 20, 10 5:06 PM
uninstalled from puter and reinstalled...worked this time...whew!!! what a work out..lol

[Post New]by jinx57 on Sep 20, 10 5:09 PM
one more thing...I don't know if it helped but I uninstalled the game from my control panel and not from the game manager and then reinstalled...I don't know if that made a difference or not...good luck all...

[Post New]by veca1962 on Sep 20, 10 8:37 PM
it doesn"t help to uninstall, check for updates ... nothing ..

desapointed

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Sep 21, 10 12:40 AM

My 1st download was the new version and after reading ONCE AGAIN all the technical problems most fellow gamers are having, I almost feel guilty reporting that I had no problems during the demo. I exited, went back in and it took me right to the place I left off. I will say that at first I thought I also was going to start again at the beginning as it took you through some scenes of the graveyard and the entrance which IMO were unneccesary but OK by me. I was going to purchase immediately but am afraid I just haven't hit my area of problems yet. So I think I'll wait and check back in at a later date to see how many actually make it through the whole game. BTW, I support all fellow gamers who have about had their fill of technical problems. It's understandable that some will slip through once in a while but it has been non-stop lately and BF's rep is taking a beating for it and that's very unfortunate. Thanks BF for all the good but don't let up now. Best of luck to all who dare to try this game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 21, 10 12:46 AM
@ Crystalstorm: That is exactly what I was saying - more or less. I also waited for the updated version, which was my first instalment, and I had no problems with the demo at all. And I will also wait to see if there will be yet another version out before I buy this game, since I really can't be sure the game will run smoothly for the rest of the story.

I was suggesting in another thread that perhaps those fishies who do still have a problem with the second version might want to clean out their cookie jar before reinstalling the new version. I have read many times that if you don't do that, bits of the old version of whatever you installed will still be there and the newer version might not work well. I don't know if that applies to these games as well, but it can't hurt to just try it.

jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jammer333 on Sep 21, 10 4:38 AM
Valdy wrote:@ Crystalstorm: That is exactly what I was saying - more or less. I also waited for the updated version, which was my first instalment, and I had no problems with the demo at all. And I will also wait to see if there will be yet another version out before I buy this game, since I really can't be sure the game will run smoothly for the rest of the story.

I was suggesting in another thread that perhaps those fishies who do still have a problem with the second version might want to clean out their cookie jar before reinstalling the new version. I have read many times that if you don't do that, bits of the old version of whatever you installed will still be there and the newer version might not work well. I don't know if that applies to these games as well, but it can't hurt to just try it.

cohiba
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cohiba on Sep 21, 10 5:59 AM
how do I ensure the new edition will be ok .. ? and how can I download just the NEW VERSION
THANKS.

[Post New]by silver1cent on Sep 21, 10 6:44 AM
I downloaded Woman in White yesterday which is 9/20/2010. I'm guessing I should have the new version download since it became available on the 18th. I don't think the problem has been resolved because I'm not able to return to the gazebo and this seems to be the problem for most game players who downloaded this game. If this problem can't be resolved please give me back my game credit.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 21, 10 7:36 AM
silver1cent wrote:I downloaded Woman in White yesterday which is 9/20/2010. I'm guessing I should have the new version download since it became available on the 18th. I don't think the problem has been resolved because I'm not able to return to the gazebo and this seems to be the problem for most game players who downloaded this game. If this problem can't be resolved please give me back my game credit.
The new version on the 18th did not fix every problem.
If you want a refund, get in touch with CS via the green envelope.

Edited on 09/21/2010 at 7:37:32 AM PST

[Post New]by purple7120 on Sep 21, 10 8:28 AM
my game won't open, just the BF screen and nothing even with the new build, looked like a good game too, have never had this many problems with BG in all my years as a customer, very disappointing

jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jammer333 on Sep 21, 10 4:17 PM
jammer333 wrote:
Valdy wrote:@ Crystalstorm: That is exactly what I was saying - more or less. I also waited for the updated version, which was my first instalment, and I had no problems with the demo at all. And I will also wait to see if there will be yet another version out before I buy this game, since I really can't be sure the game will run smoothly for the rest of the story.

I've gotten rid of cookies,temp files and still no go....on the developers web site says is coming soon...soooooo maybe they are still ironing out the kinks????

Go to: