Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Heroes of Kalevala

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 1, 10 8:47 PM
pinkorbit, glad you decided to try it! Have you finished yet? Having fun, I'll bet.

I hope they come out with a sequel.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 16, 10 8:01 PM
Just finished this game. I really enjoyed it. It was very challenging at times. I loved the village building. It gave me a reason to keep trying when I was having a hard time passing a level. Some of the levels are very hard and the very unique timer is merciless.

Learning about the Finnish Gods was interesting. The graphics are simple but well done. The animations are fun.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 16, 10 9:50 PM
This is a really fun M-3. I love building the villages. I'm on my 3rd time through under a different profile.
About the Heroes, the dude who shoots the hearts, was worthless for me in the first two times through the game, but on this 3rd trip, he has turned out to be quite useful. Now I'll have to give him a nicer nick-name than the one I had been calling him LOL.
The Mer-man, the Hammer, and the Musician are my fav's. Still haven't found much use for the others yet, but maybe they will eventually blossom as the heart-arrow guy did.
Sure hope they have a worthy sequel planned for this one.
Kellie

[Post New]by Palaluuseri on Jun 26, 11 1:29 PM
I don't usually buy M-3 games, but this was a fun game, so I used a punch card credit. Being a Finn, I found it a bit different compared to another M-3 games, but after all there's nothing really new. I'm not that keen on building the villages this way (I prefer not having those little people walking around and having strange bubbles above their head), but the actual M-3 part was wonderful! It ran so smoothly that I could just concentrate on making matches. And it was a huge advantage for this game that the matching thing is like in "traditional" match 3 games. I hate the ones where you have to make chains of the objects, like Cradle of Persia.

This game made me question my knowledge of the Epic of Kalevala, because I realised that I didn't really know any better about the mythology than the developers of this game. So thumbs up for the educational aspect!

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Sep 6, 11 10:40 AM
Such a nice game, such nice icons, such nice story, such nice villagers... all to be lost because of the timer. Developers, when will you realize that a great deal of gamers DO NOT WANT a timer???? Nothing easier than to create a no-timer game. I cannot understand. Is that out of lazyness?
Of course, it is a no-no to me. Pity.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Jan 31, 12 9:06 AM
In 30 minutes of real play time I got to level 15. I played with the shopping alot as the game really bored me which was unfortunate as I liked the graphics, music and plot. As for the "timer" I didn't find it a problem. I had no failures in any rounds btw.

Edited on 01/31/2012 at 9:06:48 AM PST

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Jan 31, 12 2:49 PM
I notice the daily deals aren't that great near the end of the month

[Post New]by Mother_Mystery on Feb 24, 12 4:28 AM
I saw the message from one saying that they could only play one player. I think if you go to the profile and select NEW that you can add more players

scuther
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by scuther on Jun 6, 12 1:38 AM
I must be missing something because I don't know how to get another village up and going. I can't see how you get a settler from one village to another. Help anyoneÉÉ

scuther
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by scuther on Jun 12, 12 7:33 PM
Found out on my own how to get to another village. I will have to learn to pay more attention. Have finished the game and quite enjoyed it. Not many instructions tho. Have fun.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 26, 12 9:17 PM
I love timed Matcch 3s and this one can really get the blood pumping. Really enjoyed building the villages to. If I don't have to replay some levels on the way through then its to easy. I need the challenge!

[Post New]by Palaluuseri on Nov 18, 13 6:17 AM
It has been a while since I last played this game, but the other day I remembered how I enjoyed it the last time and decided to go for it since there haven't been too many games of my taste out lately. I also read this thread again and something caught my eye:

jkuci wrote:As the final credits roll you'll clearly be able to see how they got the name of the Quest object!

I just had to let you know that Sampo really is originally the name of the magical object or machine in Finnish and Karelian mythology. As it was said in the game, it brought wealth and good fortune to its owner. Therefore it has since become a popular male first name in Finland. However, I though it was a funny coincidence, too, to find the name in the final credits.

[Post New]by singforyou on Mar 30, 14 4:27 PM
Too bad this is only available timed. The way the game operates is very slow. So the combination of slow action and timed means I won't be buying this one.

Go to: