lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Goddess Chronicles

[Post New]by lexi4 on Sep 22, 10 3:39 PM
I got so tired of the black box popping up to tell me I'd mis-clicked I quit in the first five minutes. Read reviews at like a ninney, went back for more. What a stupid game. Come on BF, we expect better than this.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 22, 10 3:40 PM
Didn't like the game. If you got stuck there were no hints on what you should do next. I won't buy it.. In time out room too much..

MrMotto
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by MrMotto on Sep 22, 10 4:18 PM
I think the punishment room is just a clever new approach to letting us know that we are clicking too much, instead of having the cursor go bonkers for a few seconds. I like the idea. However, I have yet to experience it. So far so good. The game shows you where to click by having a blue pulsing round symbol over an object when you move your cursor over the object, thereby preventing such excessive clicking.....if you are paying attention. I have played 40 minutes of the game, and like it so far. But it may be bit too easy for me. I don't know yet rather I will buy or not, but, I don't say it's a bad game.

[Post New]by shaniqua1942 on Sep 22, 10 5:33 PM
This game sucks! Can't even get through the trial because it keeps punishing me and I can't find any help.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 22, 10 5:34 PM
Have absolutely nothing good to say about this game. Cheezy graphics, punished and "sent to a room" if you click on something you shouldn't. Puzzles are too easy. Forget this one!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 22, 10 5:35 PM
ok we have had lots of bad games, it is time now for something really good......Please .

[Post New]by Abbiesaunt1997 on Sep 22, 10 7:39 PM
This game is a joke. To be sent to a punishment room for wrong clicks is STUPID, when in order to find some objects, you have to "move" other....NON listed objects by clicking on them. I lasted 5 minutes into the demo, when I realized you had to move other objects to find ones on the list, but were penalized for wrong clicks. What a stupid, stupid concept. No buy...even at the discounted 4.99. Even at the DD 2.99.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Sep 22, 10 7:51 PM
A riddle: What do you do when you finish a room, can't figure out what you should do next, there is no walkthrough available, and you keep getting sent to
"time out" for clicking around to see if you can find a way to progress????

Answer: Don't buy it.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 22, 10 10:47 PM
Here's a thought for game developers: read comments on forums like this one BEFORE you design a game; and understand what the majority of players like and don't like. Do not incorporate the things we do not like into new games. This game has good potential, but the sending a player to a "you're a dummy" room simply ruins it. Many players complain bitterly about penalties for incorrect clicking that include a spinning cursor, a clouded screen; and the like, and those usually only last for a few seconds. This idiotic punishment takes minutes out of game play and seriously disrupts the overall game flow. Developers need to realize what many other businesses can attest to: ignore the needs and desires of customers, and you will be out of business very soon. This is one game I would not buy even as a Daily Deal.

One word

[Post New]by FisherOfZen on Sep 23, 10 7:20 AM
Cheezy.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 23, 10 8:04 AM
It sounds like there are a lot of patient people out there. I lasted 3 minutes when I realized you have to be perfect to play this game and I don't come anywhere close. Perhaps the game developers should have remembered, it is mere mortals who play these games.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Sep 23, 10 11:14 AM
I have 37 minutes left on the demo and have no complaints about this game. Certainly no rants.

It is similar to Sam Swift and that is not a bad thing. Have not been sent to the bad room, but I do take time to actually look for things.

The only burp is that any wrong click not on a gear/circle icon thingie, willl shake the screen. Well I did a bit of shaking simply because of the twitchy nature of my hands and fingers at times. So after the first shake, I moved my clicky finger to rest on the mouse wheel instead of the left click thingie.

I liked that you could 'collect' something even if it's picture had not yet come up on the to do list.

The disc pictures are easy, so far, but I think they are just a little break to give you another hint. Some games make you clear a 15x15 M3 grid, so easy is no biggie.

Don't know how long, don't think it matters. Will go on the buy list.

[Post New]by imberlyS on Sep 23, 10 11:23 AM
I thought I wasn't going to like this game with its crude drawings and wierd intro but I actually found it to be very relaxing. I enjoy the soft music and the little bit of challenge finding interactive objects. Also it is fun to beat the punishment system because you are able to choose objects that you need without knowing you need them yet. So you can click on an object that looks like something hidden but its picture hasn't appeared in the list yet. Its not the best game I've seen but its worth buying to me.

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Sep 23, 10 2:52 PM
The puzzles are way too simple (come on, I'm not a genius and they take me maybe 10 seconds), my mouse trigger finger keeps sending me to the punishment room (which is again so easy, why bother?), even when you've found all the FROGs, there still might be something else to do but clicking on wrong objects while looking for the movable one sends you back to the punishment room., and the objects in scenes are random and not at all in keeping with the picture (e.g., tricycle and leprechaun green top hat at the ruins? I don't think so.)

On the positive side, I do like hand-drawn scenes when they are well-drawn as they are here.

No buy for me.

mandarine
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mandarine on Sep 23, 10 3:42 PM
Well,

This was just awful.

I'll usually stick it out through the demo, but 15 minutes in and I was outta there.

I might have loved this 5 or 6 years ago....before I really started playing?

I'm just spoiled. I want better graphics, puzzles that at least challenge a 10 year old, better sound, and I do. not. play. games. for. punishment!

Ha-Rumph!

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Sep 23, 10 11:09 PM
I did not get a notice about a SALE either. And I have been a member for 2 years this December! Am really disappointed.

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Sep 24, 10 7:26 AM
I stopped playing after 20 minutes. I don't like games that bug you for every single misclick. I mean the object of the game is to search!!!, you're bound to make a few mixtakes. And then to add insult to injury, it send you to a ''training'' screen after 3 misclick!!! Come on!!!
One thing I did enjoy is that if you find a piece of an object that is not yet showed it let's you pick it up...

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Sep 24, 10 8:37 PM
Totally agree with the negativity! I cant click 3 times without being sent to time-out. They want me to be more careful?!? It's a GAME not a final exam for brain surgery! LOL. I am not 8 I am 52 and this has gone to the trash already

[Post New]by LMSchwartz01 on Sep 25, 10 8:13 AM
I also find the "time out" room especially annoying (kind of like Cue School in golf without the prize money), especially since as people on this forum have noted, punishment is doled out whether you actually are clicking on a correct item or not. I am not as bothered by the cartoonish nature of the graphics except that they make objects hard to find. Hiding parts of objects behind or inside things so only small parts show is only fair if the click mechanism lets you easily click an item. The Hints are my main problem with this game, however. I appreciate choosing which piece of an object I want a hint about, I like having the pictures in color available, and I appreciate that there are only one or a few pieces for each item (I HATE games that have lots of tiny pieces to each item), but the pictures and hints do not distinguish between hidden and unhidden objects. Moreover, the hint only shows where the object is, not how to get it. Objects which have to have things done in other locations before the object can be found just use up hints and with the random click penalty set at only 4 "wrong" clicks, some things are REALLY hard to find. For example the elephant head is in a rock which the hints point to but it can only be obtained by breaking another rock in a different location and putting the statue obtained under a tree. None of these actions is obvious. This game needs a serious update.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Sep 25, 10 2:01 PM
I actually found the penalty box amusing. Afterall she is a goddess and should be ever so much better than random clicking. I enjoyed my demo hour, went far too fast and I only achieved the second power out of a total of five, so the game is a decent length.

I enjoyed the graphics as I tend to like the cartoon factor. The puzzles were very easy but the frog play was more challenging. This one goes in my pile of games to get!

Go to: