Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Shortkayke77 on Oct 4, 10 7:51 PM
I have the same problem with the cut scenes, i missed what happened when the bracelet was found, and i also missed what happened when he rescued Angel... I have no clue who the people are or anything, I'm seeing the final cut scene hasn't worked for a few people!! I hope this doesn't happen to me!!

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dnastrand on Oct 8, 10 1:57 PM
The game froze during the very first cut scene. Had to reboot the computer and have now deleted the game entirely

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 9, 10 8:25 AM
Just wanted to add a note that uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent flash player fixed the cut scenes but broke some other games as well and made the error 769-1001 show up.
to solve this you might want to look here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/121098.page#2375538

kathycot
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kathycot on Oct 9, 10 12:16 PM
plutiman21 wrote:I have just downloaded this game and am playing the demo. In one of the hidden object scenes I used a hint and the game froze and I had to press ctr alt and del to exit. It came up with an error message - I can't remember what it said. I went back into the game and played again and used another hint and it seems OK. I am a bit loathe to buy it though if this is going to happen again. Also I have a wide screen and there doesn't seem to be a wide screen option for this game which is a shame. All the other games I have bought which Alawar have made fit my wide screen perfectly. Do you think I should uninstall and reinstall it or won't it make any difference??

I had the same problems as everyone else. The game is over and I do not know how it ended. The only way it would let me do anything was by skipping. I give this game two or more thumbs down for glitches! Such a let down. Also there really was no plot so how did this town become this way or anything esle is not resolved. I think they were going for Mystery Case files look a like and failed miserably! Not wirth the extra money! Bonus sucks.

[Post New]by CURRINGTON on Oct 9, 10 1:53 PM
there still is no way to skip the tile puzzle in the chapel I want toskip it but can't

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Oct 9, 10 7:11 PM
I think I'm in worse shape yet. The ONLY cut scene I could see was at the very beginning! I couldn't even see the second one beyond the intro!
Glad I hadn't sunk very deeply into this thing. Off to run a Dr. Felix and contact customer support...

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Oct 10, 10 2:29 AM
Stopped it, restarted, fresh profile, made it to the end, and...the same thing everyone else got. I should have known better.

[Post New]by Hogaddict on Oct 10, 10 5:50 AM
Everyone has been missing cut scenes and the end of the games. I haven't been able to get to the end yet. When I stop and try to continue the game at another time, I'm told there is a problem with the my profile and please enter a new name. I've played the first part of the game three or four times now. I would hate to have to play it in one sitting and then not get the end. Might just avoid that aggravation for now.

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Oct 10, 10 9:13 AM
i hope someone can help me with a problem with this game.I'm on chapter 5 and I'm stuck on the crane. The arrow to go down won't appear unless I click the hint button and when I move to click on it, it'sdisappeared, so I can't leave the close up crane scene. I don't want to have to start the game again but that seems to be the only option. Any members with help or who've suffered the same please can you help?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 11, 10 4:04 AM
rebob777 wrote:The submersible is down, the air hose is in mid air. I can't raise the submersible, I can't start the engines. It seems to be logically locked up. I did not open the panel on the side of the submersible and now can't get to it. Inside the submersible all is well with the new battery. But I can't get anything to change. I'm afraid I did something out of sequence and now am logically locked up. Help?

Same thing has happened to me. I've gone back to the control room - time and time again - to raise the submersible, but the game doesn't allow you to raise it again.

Some of us have obviously lowered the submersible before plugging it into the generator. As rebob777 stated: We did something out of sequence that the game did NOT allow for. They will hopefully come up with a fix for it!?

The problem is apparently on both the PC and the MAC.
I assume the other users are running Windows whereas my Setup is: Mac OS X on an iMac Intel.

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 4:31:07 AM PST

[Post New]by jusamrita on Oct 14, 10 12:42 AM
Pls. Pls. Pls. someone help with the crane scene towards the end. I cannot follow the arrow out. I am stuck outside the locked door...Has anyone successfully got thru this?

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

big problem with demo

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Oct 14, 10 9:11 AM
The demo was going good and than it said The trial was over with 23 mins on the clock left .

the problem was this game kept running . I had tried to close it and than uninstall it first I tried from the game manager it said it could not uninstall because the game was still running . so I restarted my computer and tried to uninstall through add remove programs . this told me the game was still running even after reboot !. than it locked up my control panel so I had to close it by using ctrl ald delete . soooo I went back to the game manager and it said the game was still running . It took me 2 hours and 4 re starts to get it to finely uninstall . that's just nuts . I wanted to try the demo to see if I would buy the game when is came out in SE but you really need to fix that over running problem first because I actually almost gave up and left the thing in there but I was afraid if I did that and than bought the SE it would not work because the CE would still be installed .

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Oct 14, 10 5:20 PM
revbecca wrote:Several of us are having trouble with the crane scene toward the end. We cannot get out of the scene to go to the next step. This is after Angel has been found and we've gotten the walkway moved. We go back too the crane at the appropriate time, find the door has been locked, and can't get out of it. I, for one, would appreciate some help here - technical help. I would really not like to have to begin the game all over again. I have even uninstalled and installed new versions of Flash Player and Shockwave, to no avail. I click on the hint button, and it highlights the arrow for me, but when I click on the arrow, nothing happens.

This issue has come up for several of us now (this is my second post on the subject), and still no reply from bfg. What's up with that?

[Post New]by macfishie on Oct 14, 10 7:38 PM
revbecca wrote:
revbecca wrote:Several of us are having trouble with the crane scene toward the end. We cannot get out of the scene to go to the next step. This is after Angel has been found and we've gotten the walkway moved. We go back too the crane at the appropriate time, find the door has been locked, and can't get out of it. I, for one, would appreciate some help here - technical help. I would really not like to have to begin the game all over again. I have even uninstalled and installed new versions of Flash Player and Shockwave, to no avail. I click on the hint button, and it highlights the arrow for me, but when I click on the arrow, nothing happens.

This issue has come up for several of us now (this is my second post on the subject), and still no reply from bfg. What's up with that?

Add me to this list. I haven't had any other problems with the game until now, but am completely stuck at the crane door, unable to leave the scene.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 15, 10 2:39 PM
On an iMac. Did the submersible in the right order, so no issue with that here, but then just black screen and "skip", like everyone else. Opening cut scene to bonus chapter also black screen and "skip". I, too, am disappointed. This game (on expert - no sparkles except for HOG scenes) was tough -- lots of careful exploring mixed with logic. I enjoyed to challenge and the hours of play, but not to see the finish -- dang it!

Edit: I restored a previous Preference file folder and played the last bit again. Doing things in a slightly different order, I was able to see the last cut scene. There has to be a glitch in the game though -- the "wrong" order should not wipe out the scene! HOWEVER -- the opening cut scene to the bonus chapter still came up black.

I do not believe I can blame this behavior on the individual configuration of my Mac given all of us having similar issues.

Hope it gets updated. I will add my commentary at Customer Service.

Edir 2: Repeated end of game as in last edit. After being awarded bonus O quit out of the game and restarted -- was able to view the opening scene. Not that I think all this trial and error or work around is acceptable, but if you want to see that scene, try what I did.

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 6:11:32 PM PST

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Oct 17, 10 11:02 AM
I too had the same problem with the cut scences have have no idea how it ended. Very dissapointing after spending so much time playing the game.

Rohangirl
Stingray
Stingray
5,716 Posts

[Post New]by Rohangirl on Oct 19, 10 6:01 AM
I had the same problem as everybody else, finished the game but no final scene only black screen with skip down the bottom. My computer is only a few months old so software is not an issue. I also had trouble with the zodiac tile puzzle, I couldn't move my tiles left, right, up or down, had to hit skip to proceed. Very disappointed about the technical issues it's a great game otherwise. You must ask the question are these games tested by Big Fish before they are released.

jessikart
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by jessikart on Oct 21, 10 6:21 AM
Same problem as everyone else - no cut scenes from halfway through the game. Everything on my computer is up to date, and there's no way I'm going to uninstall then reinstall the game and play my way through it all again just for a few minutes of cut scenes.

Really spoiled what could have been a great game, and I'm fairly disappointed with bigfish that they didn't spot this problem before releasing the game.

[Post New]by GhostBunny18 on Oct 23, 10 5:51 AM
I really liked this game, the atmosphere is good, the music isn't too anoying... the story isn't bad. and I didn't have any problems until the bonus level, the end cut scene was one black screen followed by the credits. Not happy!!! I don't know what happens after that

not impressed.

[Post New]by GhostBunny18 on Oct 23, 10 5:52 AM
SHELTY731 wrote:How do you get the soldiers in the pot on the stove?

DId you find all 5 soldiers? And have you put the pot on the stove and turned the stove on?

if that doesn't work, sorry I've no idea!

Go to: