Bookhound
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin

[Post New]by Bookhound on Feb 2, 11 9:47 PM
I just finished the game and it was very enjoyable and very similar to Sherlock Holmes Awakened in style of play (choice of 1rst person 360 or 3rd person, movement icons scenery and such). The story was intriguing and the best thing is that everything you do is logical. There are no puzzles that are there for no reason and no thinking to yourself, "Why would anyone do this?" while playing.
I highly recommend it for people who enjoy logic and like a challenge.
I also recommend Syberia I and II. The style is very similar.

[Post New]by Topper1948 on Mar 3, 11 1:26 PM
The description calls this a "hidden object puzzle" game but everything else says its a large file game. I would like to know if this is really a hidden object game or not since I do not like hidden object games.

Thanks
Topper1948

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Apr 21, 11 7:18 PM
I used the in-game Help system more than I'd like to admit. Some of the puzzles were just WAY out there for me to decipher on my own. I liked that the Help was offered one sentence at a time, so I could stop when I got enough help without spoiling the game play.
All in all, an enjoyable game to play. (Though I was ready to smack Dr. Watson a few times for getting in my way.)

nabsuc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by nabsuc on Apr 30, 11 7:36 AM
I know what you mean about watson, He kept getting in Holmes's way all the time it took me about 10 mins to find away to get round him, It was quite comical though, But yeah! watt a pain.

[Post New]by Lauradelenn on Aug 27, 11 6:12 PM
I can't seem to find the game for purchase anywhere on this site.....when you type Sherlock Holmes, other games such as "Hound of Baskerville" show, but not the .."VS Arsen Lupin"?

Does anyone have any info? I'd like to purchase it if I could!

Jobo34
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Jobo34 on Jul 4, 12 2:25 PM
Just finished and LOVED IT! My kind a game. Thanks BF!

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Oct 4, 12 1:45 PM
Re game freezing. does the same for me. Oh well! guess this is a no buy then.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 11, 12 11:14 AM
I would not have bought this game except that it came up as a Daily Deal during the breast cancer promotion. Sometimes I just luck out.

The game has multiple flaws. You pretty much have to be up on French/English history and it helps to be great at math. Technical problems which are annoying, lack of guidance and it was just too hard for me, since many of the problems are math related, frustrating as all get out when you have a math learning disability and there are no skip buttons. Waaay too much too and fro, couldn't intuitively figure out the next step too many times. I practically lived in hint mode and in the walkthrough (I never did find a really good one) which is annoying. The game doesn't save when you leave, so I ended up playing some scenes over and over, when my computer crashed.

And yet, if I'd paid the 6.99 for it, I still wouldn't have felt ripped off. LOVED the virtual reality, being able to switch between the character's point of view and third person saved the game for me. I would have to shut it down and walk away because I would get so frustrated, then hardly wait to get back to it. I liked the story line, and the multiple endings, although I could have lived without the long repeat on the wrong choices. I wouldn't have missed the Queen Victoria scene for anything.

All in all, I think the game really could have been a five stars plus with a little more effort. All the effort seems to have gone into the graphics, and they are excellent. The action kept me enthralled so I just had to keep going and going. Arsene Lupin was the perfect thief to set against Holmes, intelligent, daring, and a gentleman, I bet Doyle would have loved the idea. It's a nice break from the good guys fighting the ultimate evil, as Lupin is trying to disgrace England because he is a French patriot. It's a twisty, convoluted plot and I loved it. It's mainly an adventure, which is my favorite. I was disappointed when it was over, even though I stretched playing it over several days. I don't think the demo time does it justice, but you just have to play it and see if the good outweighs the bad for you. I loved it, in spite of all the frustrations. I'd give it for enjoyment, but only for game play.

Cakes62
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Cakes62 on Oct 13, 12 8:12 AM
I purchased this game because it was a DD. I am so glad that I did, it was great, it did take me a few days to finish it but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I admit to using the hints often, especially for some of the math problems, but it was challenging and fun, maybe I'll move on to Sherlock vs Jack the Ripper. Thanks to Big Fish for hours of fun.

siladan
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by siladan on Dec 20, 12 1:51 PM
I HATE this game. I am not a fan of games where you walk back and forth, back and forth, through rooms and tunnels and walkways again and again... seeing the same scenery until you are so thoroughly SICK of it that you feel nauseated at the thought of having to back to that place One More Time just to pick up an object that you have seen over and over. You wanted to get that object(s), you knew you would need it/them (blue sock, blue plate, blue munitions box for example) but you could not until you completed an asinine goal of sorts. And why couldn't it be picked up? For No Apparent Reason other than to make you go to that place AGAIN. Argh! There was plenty of room in the inventory.

The game is chunky and you have to move Sherlock around with the lamest way possible. Click, click, click and he goes a few feet. The 360 is worthless and irritating. A map that puts your character in place immediately is called for (Eternal Journey-the best!). What good is a map if you can't interact with it and only identifies the places you have been to? Really? I need a map to know where I've BEEN?!

Hate, hate, hate this game.

[Post New]by melborp on Jun 24, 14 12:56 PM
I've been running through the Sherlock games of late. This one is the only one that has given me trouble. I'm enthralled with the 360 movement and scenery, however with this game in particular there is a whole lot of seemingly aimless wandering that must take place in order to advance through the game. Some of the puzzles themselves seemed never ending (trips back and forth to the library/weapons room, magnifying/measuring of footsteps and so on). I lived in the hints section because frankly, I need memory space in my head for more important things, like where I actually put my car keys instead of where I saw some statue in a game. I had to stop at the Jane Grey medal. Holmes quit talking and I can't take the medal anywhere to anyone, can't find anyone either. Reset, and re-completed all the swaps, still nothing. I can't bear the thought of going back through the book collections out of the reading room again, so that's it. Unless someone can tell me what I've missed along the way. Whatever that something is, isn't covered in the hints.

Go to: