slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by slm1022 on Sep 26, 10 4:39 PM
Love the WMC series. The graphics are unbelievable. A little too much dialogue for me but I guess you need it to solve the mystery? I loved the TV series and miss it and I read all the books so this is just an extension of a much enjoyed series of story telling. Some of the mini games are a little too boring..the DNA cards and testing..found them kind of tedious and not so much challenging as aggravating but all in all..its a good game!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by gameslvr on Sep 26, 10 4:45 PM
I'm in the minority here but I really didn't see much to be thrilled about with this game. The graphics are very good but I hated looking though the binoculars to find things, had to use the strategy guide already and what was with those test tubes? Not for me.

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Sep 26, 10 4:55 PM
Can anyone help me pls. On the first scene, the binoculars wont take my second quarter and where is the seagull?

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 26, 10 7:17 PM
Played the other Club games and liked them...like this one too. Nice graphics, music and voices. Like the way these games change characters. Especially like the strategy guide and how it works. Don't have to keep going through pages to find what I want. I will purchase this one too.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Sep 26, 10 10:44 PM
What a GREAT game! Everything you EXPECT in a CE, but given to us in a SE! What a pleasant surprise! KUDOS to the developers of this game for not making us pay double the price (almost) to have 1 extra 'scene' to play, wallpaper and a strategy guide!

The graphics in this game are great, the voice-overs are great and the music isn't irritating at all! It has an interesting story line and kept my attention - something a lot of games haven't done lately - including CE versions!

I can honestly say this is the best game I've played in a while and did so without glitches or anything else to make me wish I hadn't bought it. I had a lot of fun playing it and will probably play it again at some point in time. On a scale of 1 to 5 this one gets a definite FIVE! I think this may be the first 5 I've given, unless I reviewed 'Dire Grove' that is! You definitely will get your money's worth and then some!

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on Sep 26, 10 10:45 PM
I just finished this game and all I can say is "Awesome!" I've played all the Women's Murder Club games and this is the best one, IMHO. The story was intriguing and I really appreciated the fact that it was a 'complete story', not a short, edited version. The story was detailed, flowed nicely and finished with a logical conclusion. The game obviously benefits from Mr. Patterson's fine writing skills! In fact, with the excellent voiceovers from interesting characters, it was almost like listening to an audio version of a short story. I actually enjoyed the story as much as the gameplay.

It's such a nice departure to have intelligent, well-spoken female lead characters who hold their own in the WMC series. Again, I would like to commend the developer for using great voice talent - curious to know why they were not listed in the credits?

I will add my praises to the other reviewers' comments about excellent graphics, beautiful scenery, and interesting locations. Most of the HOG scenes made sense, with only a couple of illogical, junkpile type searches. Unique techniques used in a couple of the HOG searches really made it interesting. The minigames were appropriate and integrated into the storyline, and did not feel like a waste of time or an intermission from the actual game.

I did use the built-in Strategy Guide a couple of times and found it to be well-written and helpful without 'spoiling' the story. Upon finishing the game, an additional scene is offered for gameplay, which also provides some closure to the case. Additonal HOG scenes are available upon finishing, as well as wallpaper, soundtracks and other extras typically found only in CE's.

I highly recommend this game, but beware - once you start it, you won't want to quit until it's finished! So clear the decks and enjoy the latest Women's Murder Club investigation!

[Post New]by calcion on Sep 26, 10 11:53 PM
i am at the lighthouse. i have to put the flyer under the door to catch the key, but it will not work. i clicked a hundred times. please help i want to finish the game

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Sep 27, 10 8:46 AM
Just finished this game and loved it. They've really improved this series especially the hint system. Previous games had limited hints which were frustrating. Keep up the good work on this series!!

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Sep 27, 10 1:11 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! One of my favorite series of game, made even better with a built is strategy guide!!!!! Excellent graphics...Like someone else said, Cadilac of games!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by turtlewax4 on Sep 27, 10 3:25 PM
Excelent game! Really enjoyed this one

stuck after investigation two Little Black Lies

[Post New]by jodiet on Sep 27, 10 4:31 PM
I have completed first two investigations but at the end of the second investigation nothing happens..no call to ?cindy, has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they fix it??
Hope you can help

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 27, 10 5:26 PM
What a lovely game! I have played all previous part of this series, but think thats is the best! The graphic is great, its much more interactive then the previous ones, itemsearching is fun, minigames are good, storyline is great. A buy for me of course!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 27, 10 5:28 PM
calcion wrote:i am at the lighthouse. i have to put the flyer under the door to catch the key, but it will not work. i clicked a hundred times. please help i want to finish the game

SPOILER ALERT
Hi Cacion,
Highlight to see answer:

did you find the awl to poke the key through?

Doggy_lover
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by Doggy_lover on Sep 27, 10 7:43 PM
I'm enjoying this. The graphics are top-notch and the puzzles are enjoyable. And it's so nice to see the devs go the extra mile with a built-in strategy guide + wallpaper without charging extra!

omgno
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by omgno on Sep 27, 10 7:58 PM
Wow !! Great game. Well worth buying. I could say more but why? Just trust me and buy it.

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Sep 27, 10 8:05 PM
Can someone please tell me how to get the dang flyer under the door at the lighthouse? It is refusing to do it and I can't move forward. I have tried everything. help

Taynicjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Taynicjam on Sep 28, 10 12:45 AM
Like nearly everyone else, I enjoyed the game and I agree the inclusion of a strategy guide is a mega bonus BUT I also agree with those who would prefer a subtle hint before resorting to the strategy guide.

One thing I didn't like was the binoculars scene. The scrolling was not smooth enough to look for things while scrolling so I found this a bit hard on the eyes. I like the idea of a large scene to find hidden objects though.

You are right though, this series just keeps getting better.

howdytwo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by howdytwo on Sep 28, 10 1:19 AM
I need to put the second quarter into the binoculars to see the seagull. I place the quarter on the binoculars and nothing happens. The first one worked just fine, as the quarter was accepted. What can i do to get the binoculars to accept the second quarter?

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Not for me!

[Post New]by togood2be on Sep 28, 10 5:45 AM
I must be the minority (probably the only one from what I read), I did not like it the first 10 minutes in. It seems it will be far too easy, I don't like walkthroughs either. Have fun with this one all, but for me it is a pass.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 28, 10 9:19 AM
This game was excellent in every way! By far the best of the series - the developers are really on the right track in terms of improvements made over the first three games (which were good, but not of the same quality as this one). The graphics were great, the game play was smooth and the tasks fit the story - also the length was good. Most notably, the story itself was very intriguing and the voice acting was wonderful. The game even had CE type extras. Loved everything about this one!

Go to: