Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome

[Post New]by julialynn on Nov 20, 10 7:22 PM
This game sucks. I have gotten stuck on level 22. there is no way in creation to do all of that gathering and build the road in the amount of time given. I want my money back.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 20, 10 7:46 PM
julialynn wrote:This game sucks. I have gotten stuck on level 22. there is no way in creation to do all of that gathering and build the road in the amount of time given. I want my money back.

I'm a slow clicker, and I managed to get Expert on every level, so it can be done. But sometimes there is an unexpected twist to it.

If there's not already an individual level walkthrough posted for 22 in the forum, I'll go ahead and start a topic for you and post one.

Robin

p.s. I checked, and there's already a forum topic that lists two different ways to get Expert on this level. Take a look at it, and you should be able to get through. It's called "Help, is there anyone there for Level 22?" I've bumped it up for you.

Edited on 11/20/2010 at 7:50:07 PM PST

surely16
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome

[Post New]by surely16 on Dec 28, 10 6:37 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Roads of Rome? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

surely16
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by surely16 on Dec 28, 10 6:39 PM
Is there any way that I can get the berries to grow faster or to find more. I am always running out and having to wait before I can do the next task.
Judy

henibri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by henibri on Jan 6, 11 9:48 PM
Really, i usually play hidden objects games but love this game! I played my kingdom also and enjoyed that one as well. Its on the same order as my kingdom but yet a bit harder to me, having a bit harder time to figure out how to upgrade quicker....good challenge.

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

this game needs a relaxed mode like 2 has

[Post New]by loriaudio on Jan 15, 11 3:35 PM
please consider an update to this game regarding relaxed mode would be greatly appreciated ive played 2 over and over again couldnt get to level 8 in this game(not worth the money i paid for it)

[Post New]by sonsani on Jan 15, 11 4:11 PM
Its a cute game but i'm a little frustrated .Cleared level twice but i had to repeat and ha 2-3x more resources to continue building but game would not let my guys build .Seems like I'm the only one stuck on level 7!!!

byrn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Games like Roads of Rome or My Kingdom FP

[Post New]by byrn on Feb 12, 11 8:27 AM
Hi,

Love Roads of Rome.

Found it looking for something like My Kingdom for a Princess and was Thrilled to find the Roads of Rome games.

Joined the forum hoping to find suggestions for like games. I find most Time management games too stressfull, trying to keep track of too many issues at once. Roads of Rome and MKFAP are more strategy and planning where and when to use resources.

Would love suggestions for similar games.

I see in the posts someone mentioned Royal envoy - I'll check it out.

The next best I've found so far is The Fifth Gate. You have to deal with the bugs unfortunately but when you get far enough into each garden you can purchase traps that let you take them out without too much trouble.

Oh, and the trees - was that a clever ploy to slow players down? You hate to cut the healthy trees - but harden your hearts gamers, they're just pixels, and you can gain a little time.

bbyrn

[Post New]by AZsunstorm on Feb 28, 11 10:47 AM
This is a fun game with good graphics, however, after purchase I regretted it, the reason? because it's too difficult. I had fun during the trial period, and couldn't wait to continue the game, so I purchased it. However, after being stuck on level 16 for well over a month now, the game holds no enjoyment only frustration. Since there are 40 levels and it's nearly impossible to pass level 16 - the majority of the game can never be played. I am an adult, so I can't even imagine the frustration of children who will never be able to pass some of the levels. In seeking help in the forum I followed exactly what other players said, and still no luck! Could it be that my computer runs too slowly in order to play this game? Any help on passing Level 16 would be appreciated, but probably just frustrating since if it's that hard on level16 how much harder will the further levels be. I do not recommend this game simply because there is no joy in not being able to complete a game or even be able to get halfway through it.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Mar 2, 11 11:17 AM
Just finished the game last night and really enjoyed it! It's very similar to MKftP 1 & 2, but I actually like Roads of Rome better. I think it emphasizes the multi-tasking aspect a bit more--you're keeping track of like 10 things at the same time, whereas in MKftP there tend to be fewer objectives to achieve.

Despite this, I found it easier to achieve expert level in Roads of Rome. If I missed it (sometimes by only 1 or 2 seconds, argh!), I would definitely get expert on a retry. It was strangely satisfying to watch those statues get sculpted bit by bit. I also appreciated the mini-game at the end of each territory that involved clearing blocks; not too easy and not too hard.

The difficulty with MKftP expert levels seemed to be that you really had to do things a specific way and required more trial and error, whereas here if you had a good general approach and kept advancing evenly with clearing obstacles and upgrading your buildings, you would get expert.

Fun game! I have Roads of Rome II and will start playing that at some point.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 31, 11 6:46 PM
Love, love, love this game!

I never thought I'd be "disloyal" and purchase a non-Farm Frenzy game, but I'm so very glad I bought Roads of Rome. I've played this game probably at least 10 times through. I love watching those little guys run around and build stuff!

This game made me love Time Management games even more! Thanks RR! And thanks BF!

5 out of 5!

dgregory_58
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by dgregory_58 on Apr 22, 11 12:14 PM
I purchased and started playing roads of rome the first version today. I purchased and played roads of rome 2 before I purchased the first one (kinda backwards I know). But I notice in the one I am playing now the first version everything is moving so much slower. Is it supposed to because version 2 the workers moved faster.

[Post New]by Doctor_Mom on May 2, 11 9:24 PM
Yes! FINALLY another Time Management game for the Mac - I hate the hidden object games. This one is lots of fun - I found it easier than My Kingdom for the Princess, a bit too much easier, but I'm still enjoying it even though I'd prefer a little more of a challenge. MORE TIME MANAGEMENT GAMES FOR MAC PLEASE, PLEASE!! (And if you want to make lots of money off me, convince the developers of the Farm Frenzy games to find a way to make them for the Mac - I'd buy them ALL!).

[Post New]by Evesparadox on Jun 15, 11 6:32 PM
Yep...love it too. Only take dead trees like the rest of you folks/fishies but the one thing that gets on my last nerve is the RAIN!!! I might as well go nuke a cuppa and just wait for it to be over as it pretty much makes it impossible to get anything done while it is raining.

I agree about the timer so before I went too far into the game (about 8 or 9) levels, I changed to relaxed mode of play without the pressure of the timers.

The rain tho.....grrrrrrrrr......really gets to me and I do not see a single post about it. It is only raining on my version of Rome? LOL

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 8:03 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.5 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Walk Thru Available for Roads of Rome ?

[Post New]by AmazzingGrace on Oct 17, 11 6:27 PM
I can't seem to complete many, if any, levels in Expert time! Please tell me there is something out there to give me some tips?

[Post New]by VoicelessInNV on Jul 21, 12 4:18 PM
I LOVE this game! Managed to get through all the levels smoothly and had ALOT of fun!

The graphics are beautiful! The animation and sound effects are super and very entertaining! I liked watching the workers zip about, especially in their new "shoes"! I also really liked the submarine ...and, making the workers row backwards and forwards in the cute little row boat! LOL!

The pace is nice ...and it is actually relaxing and amusing at the same time. I enjoyed the music and the workers' cheers and rounds of applause upon successfully completing each level - a nice bonus touch!

Like many others who reviewed this game, I purchased the full version while playing the trial version for a short time. One of the few AMAZING games I enjoy playing repeatedly - I will definitely try "RoR II" and "RoR III"!

[Post New]by treywilla on Feb 1, 13 8:07 PM
when are we going to get a new game, really

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 14, 13 7:25 AM
Although I generally like this developers strategy games, this one, which I assume is one of the first, was a bit boring. Also, the Expert level is nearly impossible if not totally impossible to achieve except in the first few levels which makes it a bit frustrating.

But mostly, you are doing the same thing level after level and that gets old...build a road, build a fort, collect crystals....yada, yada. I completed it, but unlike the others, I will probably not play it again. I give this one only 2 out of 5 stars.

[Post New]by gcarole934 on Jul 15, 14 7:45 AM
I am at episode 4 level 10 and cant get any farther. It keeps doing the gems mini game over and over. To bad there isn't a skip. HELP!!

Go to: