Re:Post any Roads of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by Suntot on Oct 20, 10 10:22 AM
gregandkay wrote:Tasks are to build a road and farm. So, I've built both bridges and lumber yard. Picked up all food, wood, etc. I've attempted to build a road in all directions, to no avail. Is this a glitch in the program? If not, got a hint? Thank you. I do love the game! Level 4:

I have the same problem.... But I think it is because the game screen is bigger then our screen...I have tried to change it to full screen in game options...but it wont stay.... I need help how do I get this game to fit my screen?????

[Post New]by oldbee on Nov 4, 10 9:40 AM
I've had trouble with getting to the 40th level. After I play the necklace minigame, the minigame just keeps coming back.

Kool2Kiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Kool2Kiss on Nov 6, 10 4:44 PM
ok...game is super slow...jerky...and I uninstalled and reinstalled...same..too bad I was gonna buy this one since I loved My Kingdom II...that was a fantastic game, played for 3 weeks! Any idea's cuz I could love this game too!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 15, 10 7:34 AM
oldbee wrote:I've had trouble with getting to the 40th level. After I play the necklace minigame, the minigame just keeps coming back.

That mini-game is the 40th level. It ends the game. There are no more road-building levels after that, just the movie that ends the story.

Robin

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 7:34:33 AM PST

[Post New]by sonsani on Jan 15, 11 8:16 PM
Stuck at level 7 despite clear wins .Example last group of bolders to clear gan=me says you need 3wood 2 food and I have 19 wood and 6 food won't let me access.Also cleared all paths and built all roads all rock piles used with time to spare would not complete level and knocked me back.Started out fun now i'm pissed.Help!!!!!

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Jan 19, 11 3:53 PM
Does anyone know how to turn off the rain? My game freezes up when it rains and thus makes me unable to get the gold levels. The rain freezes your workers but just lets the timer keep on ticking.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 19, 11 4:45 PM
Hey Peace1369,

I don't think the rain should be freezing your characters, but it sounds like a lag might be occurring in your game. It might help to check if there is an update for your computer that might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

You can also contact Tech Support if you'd like more help with this. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by CDCollector on Feb 8, 11 6:33 AM
I've had a lot of problems with this game. I contacted customer support. The first time the person I dealt with ran Dr. Felix, which indicated everything was up-to-date, and gave me a coupon for another game. The coupon was invalid, so I contacted BFG again. This time I got a woman in Ireland who bent over backwards trying to help me, but we couldn't resolve the problem. Then I contacted Realore. Their advice was to delete some games since Roads of Rome was a large file game. Roads of Rome is not a large file game. I have larger file games than that on my computer that run fine. For that matter, Roads of Rome II runs fine. I have 3 GB of RAM on my computer so I don't think that is the problem. Next I contacted Whiterra, the game developers. They said this:

Hello Patti,
Thanks a lot for your e-mail and sorry for the delay.
First of all I would like to say that the game activation problem can be solved only with the help of BFG. They wrap games by themselves and we have nothing to do with it..
Now to the game itself. Yes, the game may be incompatible with several video cards. We could not solve this problem unfortunately. We are constantly reading BFG forums, paying attention to the advices from the people who play our games and it helps us to make our games better. We made a big update of Roads of Rome and sent it to all game portals. This updated version contains the relaxed mode, some bugs are fixed, but the most important point is that this freezing problem is fixed, too! BFG should have uploaded this new version of the game. I know for sure that Realore uploaded it on their site, you can find the game here: http://www.realore.com/games/roads_of_rome/
Please try the demo version and you'll see whether the updated version of the game runs smoothly on your computer or not.
Hope this will help.

Have a nice day,
Whiterra Team

Maybe if we ask nicely, BFG could get the update since I bought the game from them and not Realore.
Patti

[Post New]by bleask on Feb 10, 11 8:58 AM
govegril wrote:
larascupboard wrote:I can't play this game.

I get through to the first task of building a road and when I click anywhere on the screen, game says click to continue, all hell breaks loose. My monitor goes black then flicks rapidly between the BF game manager and the desktop and a blank screen. The only way to end the ruthless cycle is via alt/tab.

Was looking forward to this one.

same here-

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Mar 10, 11 6:55 PM
larascupboard wrote:I can't play this game.

I get through to the first task of building a road and when I click anywhere on the screen, game says click to continue, all hell breaks loose. My monitor goes black then flicks rapidly between the BF game manager and the desktop and a blank screen. The only way to end the ruthless cycle is via alt/tab.

Was looking forward to this one.

I've played this with no problems for a month and tonight all of a sudden it starts blinking madly between the game manager and whatever is on the desktop and the game like it thinks it's some NEON LIGHT with a blinking disorder. What gives with that.

[Post New]by jamestuller on Dec 7, 11 6:54 AM
For some reason Roads of Rome III runs slow in episode 4.2 until you get to the God and then there is not enough time to finish.

Impossible to harvest crystal lvl 17 IPhone

[Post New]by Tomevers on Jan 28, 12 5:56 AM
The magnifying glass is placed just over the crystal in the bottom Right corner. So every time ju try to harvest the f***ing magnifying glass gets in the way!!!

[Post New]by shotzie on Jun 20, 13 5:35 PM
when I exit the game and try to go to tips in the forum it asks for user name and password. This is the first time this has occurred. What do I need to do?

Go to: