AbyBess
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by AbyBess on Oct 12, 10 8:02 PM
I am so happy to be playing this game. I waited "forever" for the SE and downloaded the trial right away when it came out. For some reason, the game kept freezing, computer kept crashing and I couldn't get anywhere. It took me three tries just to play about 25 minutes of the demo. So disappointed. Tried several things to diagnose and correct the problem and finally decided that as much as I wanted to play, it was just a game and I was investing far too much time and effort.

A couple days later, I decided to try again with the remaining demo time. Lo and behold, it ran perfectly through the remainder of the demo! Which gave me confidence to go ahead and buy. But then of course, I still had to wait a couple of days for a credit before buying - which I did tonight. Just played another 40 minutes, and so far I am thoroughly enjoying it.

For me it is a fun challenge ... often I know that what I need to do is "right in front of my face," so to speak, and yet I get stumped. I'm enjoying seeing how long I can make myself keep trying to figure it out before I ask Franklin for some advice. And I'm always so pleased with myself when I figure it out alone!

I like the story, the music, the graphics and the setting - great continuation of the series, I think. Very happy fishy!

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Oct 13, 10 12:01 AM
Loved, loved, loved this game - absolutely gorgeous graphics and a wonderful story line - may have to go for the CE after all - the music is beautiful

thanx, B F

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Oct 13, 10 3:38 AM
I just finished the game and I read through the credits and I noticed it was produced by BF Studios. What a great game and I do hope there is another one. It's one of those games I could play over and over. So much attention to details, like all the windows opening and closing and the lamp lights moving in the wind. I've noticed a lot of the games that give us trouble are from "new" developers I've never heard of. But BF really does produce the best of the best games. I was watching the credits and I noticed "Big Fish Babes." Would love to know who they are and what they did?
Thanks for another fantastic game. If I could give 6 stars I would! Recommend to everyone to buy both Drawn games. You won't regret it!

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 3:40:49 AM PST

mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by mcguind on Oct 13, 10 5:42 AM
Enjoyed the game BUT the loading between scenes was extremely slow. I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned before as it slowed the gameplay to a crawl at times. Great graphics though.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 13, 10 6:19 AM
mcguind wrote:...BUT the loading between scenes was extremely slow. I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned before as it slowed the gameplay to a crawl at times. Great graphics though.
This does come up occasionally. The initial Drawn was very slow for some people. You could try having a look in task master to see if there are other processes running at the same time and conflicting or you could get in touch with CS for a deeper investigation.

It will probably come down to something like virtual or system memory.

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Oct 14, 10 11:09 AM
I just finished playing and I loved this one almost as much as the first one. It's taken me probably...hmmm......5 or 6 hours total, I'd say...spread over two days.

I did have to skip a couple of the puzzles....boy were they difficult and/or tedious. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and will probably play it again in a few months, like I did with the first one.

Graphics are wonderful, voice overs are wonderful, just loved it. This is what all games should be like! Thanks BF!!!

[Post New]by jazziwoo on Oct 14, 10 12:03 PM
disapointed at the very short game, the credits lasted longer and the tech issues made this a very unhappy gameplay

[Post New]by madlenn on Oct 14, 10 1:54 PM
One of the best games in here. Really like the animation style and all the puzzles.
It won't be easy to wait for the next one.
game worth the money
Thumbs up to the team.

diisy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by diisy on Oct 14, 10 6:00 PM
Hi I just have to write and say that I absolutely adore the Drawn series. I thoroughly enjoyed playing both games, the graphics are lovely, music great, story line interesting, the puzzles not too hard but fun and logical. I will be playing both games again just to look at the graphics and I will certainly buy the next in the series. Highly commended. The game took me many hours to play, I used no walkthroughs just kept on till I found what I needed, as I did not want the game to finish too quickly and wanted to fully experience the game. Thanks for reading DI

[Post New]by nestbuilder on Oct 15, 10 4:49 PM
Loved this game, nice sequel to the first Drawn. Beautiful to play, puzzles intriguing. Looking forward to the next chapter!

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Oct 16, 10 5:38 PM
Really great game. Great graphics, sound and story. Almost as good as the first one. My one complaint is that some of the puzzles are so difficult and tedious, it takes ALL the fun out of them. I love challenging puzzles and it's extremely rare for me to skip any, but some of the ones in this game just got on my nerves big time and I was glad for the skip button.

[Post New]by rosedragoness on Oct 17, 10 4:10 AM
I love the art and thank you very much with the abundant concept arts! As a newbie artist, I learn a lot from them! How your artists mix the colors to get the right lighting conditions is fantastic! I kind of wish to see those fishes in the game though. The game still fantastic but I found out it is less interesting than the first one, some reasons are:

- there is just too much 'puzzle blocks' puzzles in this one and too much hidden object searching, less unique than the first one. Probably a decision to make it longer than the first one I guess.
- everything way too dark and have less fantastic scenery that makes you awe, compared to the first one.
- I expecting Iris to be emotional lady, but I found her static face used over and over again, that sad soulless face. Even Franklin is better than her since in the ending he changes expression!
- How the story keep repeated through books and puzzles kinda start to bore me. Where is the writer with depth stories when you need one?
- No continuity on the book that state 'maybe Iris have a survived brother'.
- I expecting to participate on the final battle through a set of puzzles that empower Iris / weaken the king. It just feels 'aww' when me the superior stranger ends to just watch everything solved.
- I expect that the dark king have bitter reasoning of why he hates light and creativity so much-- like maybe there is no light on his origin place.-- not just 'yet another swallow enemy'

Some other stuffs that just a bit less interesting:
- I can't listen to drawn's musics while doing something else (minimized), neither download them.
- To capture the concept arts or game scene to my computer, I have to print screen and open another program to paste them in.
- No windowed mode but the option is there-- makes me wonder if it supposed to be possible.

[Post New]by KaffekopZ on Oct 17, 10 11:18 AM
Drawn: Dark Fight is simply fantastic! I've been waiting eagerly since I finished Drawn: The Painted Tower, and this sequal has definitly not disapointed me.

They did everything right :-)

Puzzles: Medium to hard
Storyline: A dramatic tale about light and darkness. Everything you did'nt fully understand while playing the first game, you will get to understand while playing this sequal. It's like this is the answer.
Game length: About 2 hours is my quess.
Graphics/Sounds: Very inspirering, colorful, emotional.
Gameplay: All you remember from the first game + a bit of new!

All in all - You need to buy Drawn 1 & 2 and you won't regret it :-)

See you in 2011 when part 3 hopefully arrives!

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 11:22:00 AM PST

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Oct 17, 10 6:08 PM
Hmmm. As an absolute lover of the first Drawn, I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed in this one. I fully agree with all about the gorgeous graphics, music, and gameplay -- and I'm not miffed about the length. I always believe that if a game provides me with a minimum of 2 hours of fun and diversion, for $6.99 (or less with DoD's) I've gotten my money's worth. Movies are usually 2 hours and cost a lot more. So what's my beef? I found many of the scenes really dark, making searches difficult, frustrating, and click-fests. In my quick reading of all the reviews here, I only noted 1 that brought this up. My monitor is set pretty bright, so I'm surprised more people haven't been bothered by this.

All in all, a good game but with brighter graphics, for me, it could have been a great game.

[Post New]by veecee34 on Oct 17, 10 7:14 PM
I thought this was a very beautiful game although not quite as good as the first. I even enjoyed most of the puzzles which I often skip over. I would definately reccomend this game.

[Post New]by AKBSHWMN1 on Oct 19, 10 3:05 AM
Love Drawn: Dark Flight. This is absolutely the cat's meow, where is the next one? Maybe you ought to have 2 or 3 waiting in the wings, can't wait for the next one.
Sincerely
AKBSHWMN1

sm22281
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sm22281 on Oct 19, 10 10:47 PM
I have just finished the game Drawn: Dark Flight. I had a great time playing it. Great graphics, story line, design, etc. I thought it was very creative to mix colors, and music, and imagination, theater, books, etc. It was a little difficult sometimes to figure out what to do and the Franklin character usually gave very subtle and helpful tips, I liked that. No hidden objects in this game, which is a nice change. Just dramatic and atmospheric enough, thanks!

HanneB
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by HanneB on Oct 22, 10 9:26 AM
Fantastic game

and it continues ..... WHEN???

[Post New]by pcartermundi on Oct 23, 10 3:14 PM
Have just finished this game and loved it as I did the first one. I wish there were more games like them, with beautiful graphics, atmospheric music, a great story and puzzles you really have to think about. I loved the pop-up scenes with the tabs to pull, and the puppet shows in both games. Some scenes I almost didn't want to solve the puzzle as the graphics were so lovely. Which is another thing I like - I could take this at a leisurely pace - play a bit then come back later or just dawdle through looking at the scenery. I will certainly buy the next one when it comes out and any others I can find with similar characteristics.
PS another quirky game with tricky puzzles is Machinarium. Loved that too.
Congratulations to designers, developers and all concerned.

[Post New]by PuzzleGirlUK on Oct 24, 10 10:36 AM
This is a very different and interesting game. Fantastic artwork, unique presentation and theme. The plot flowed well.

Didn't skip any of the puzzles and avoided 'ADVICE' so some of the very clever puzzles took a while to solve.

All in all, 1st class. Enjoyed every minute. It took about a week to complete, playing an hour or so each evening.

Loved it so much, I'm in the process of downloading Painted Tower... right now !

Go to: