Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat forum

[Post New]by runningwolf74 on Jul 3, 12 10:21 AM
hi i am at the chessboard opened the statue but stuck i have the cheese how do i get the mouse and the cage

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 3, 12 12:13 PM
Hi runningwolf74 and Welcome the Forums!

I checked the walkthrough we have for this game, and it looks like you'll get the Mouse & Cage by playing a hidden object scene back in the Office. It's over by the window there. You can click here to see a screenshot of that, or the blue text above to go to the full walkthrough.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Dragoncat7 on Jul 7, 12 3:43 PM
I'm in chapter 3. I just finished hidden object game to get the clamp. The walk through says to head right and play another hidden object game, but I can't head right. There seems to be nothing there, which means I can't get the shovel or the sac of sand. Please tell me where I've gone wrong?

[Post New]by kburgie on Sep 6, 12 11:44 AM
I'm in the basement and I'm stuck. Need something to pound chalk with and something to cut the bag, however I've already used my saw blade and it's still in my inventory. Don't know why I can't use it to cut the bag. HELP please and thank you

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 6, 12 1:00 PM
Welcome to the Forums, kburgie! This is a great place to get some help with your games.

I checked the walkthrough we have for this game and found this advice for you ~

You'll need to open the bag with the Vase Shard. You would have gotten that by using the wrench to break the vase on the shelf in the boiler room. Click here to see a screenshot of that spot.

When you open the bag, you'll find a Mortar and Pestle. You'll place that on the table and use it to pound the chalk.

If you'd like to take a look at the walkthrough and see how the whole sequence in the basement should go, just follow the link I'm pasting below:

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s The Black Cat Walkthrough

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Txldurham on Sep 8, 12 10:51 AM
The hidden object scene to acquire the glue is not visible in my game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no luck. Any suggestions?

AprilRyan5
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by AprilRyan5 on Sep 11, 12 7:13 PM
Greetings!

Am posting (for the first time) in the hopes of finding out what the letter said (discovered at the island in the chest, along with the name tag). I clicked on the name tag first to clear the way for reading the letter in full, and then was not allowed access to it again once the name tag was added to my inventory.

I searched the forum to see if this question had been asked before (didn't want to duplicate efforts and was hoping to find the answer on my own), and indeed found at least two folks who ran into the same problem:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/181547.page

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/205915.page

Unfortunately their questions weren't yet answered. Any hope of finding out? Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

[Post New]by valrieanne on Nov 3, 12 6:01 PM
kelnjor wrote:
Tria4564 wrote:In Chapter 6, we are to put the maget atop the glass jar to retrieve a gear. I cannot get the maget to actually retrieve the gear. What am I doing wrong?

once you have the magnet o top of the jar, using your mouse move it down to the gear, and then release the mouse button, it should then attach to the gear and pull to top of jar.

Thank you so much It worked I wasnt letting go, soon as I did It took the magnet as you said

[Post New]by gorgonz60 on Nov 5, 12 10:56 PM
Dark tales Edgar etc promises to be fantastic. Everything it top quality except for the fact that there are no hints in the game unless you have the collector's edition.
Unortunately I don't have that and the need to frequently leave the game to find a walkthrough is so frustrating I shall never buy another game by these producers again. The game is basically incomplete and I should be given a refund. Bad Product. Avoid

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Nov 23, 12 8:53 PM
I've played this game a couple of times before. Played it tonight in its entirety, but found that some of the puzzles don't respond correctly. Case in point, in the mouse maze, whenever I placed the cheese along a flat wall (rather than a corner), the game rejected it. Finally, after many attempts, I 'skipped' the game, went to the walkthrough, and saw the identical path solution I tried but could not achieve. This happened with a couple of other puzzles, where I did exactly what I should have but the game wouldn't accept my moves.

Also did not care for the lack of hints initially, but found that I wasn't so quick to rely on them when they weren't available. And the remarks in the notebook actually provided most of the information I needed. Not sure the CE would make that much difference.

All in all, I enjoyed it - again!

Go to: