OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 17, 10 8:32 PM

Good story, and intriguing puzzles which have logic to them. I liked this better than Rue Morgue.

[Post New]by Michieux on Oct 17, 10 8:50 PM
I'd gladly comment, if the game would run. I have about half a dozen BF games and with each one I have problems getting them to run on my Vista Home Premium machine with 4GB memory and 1GB Nvidia GeForce EN9500GT graphics card. Whether a game will run or not seems to be a hit-and-miss affair.

This past weekend I bought this game, and The Void Collector's Edition. After several tries I got Void to run, with the occasional glitch, but so far I've had no luck getting Black Cat to run. In each case, the game appears to load all right, but instead of starting, I am returned to Windows. The game is there in a tab, but won't stay on screen. I usually have to run Task Manager to kill the game as there is no other way to control it. When my frustration level gets to near 80-90%, I usually give up in disgust.

Think I'll stick with Steam from now on.

Cheers,

Michieux

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 8:51:03 PM PST

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Oct 17, 10 9:39 PM
Just finished playing Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat . I had a wonderful time playing it. It was long, challenging, and very interesting till the end;graphics are great, storyline is as interesting as the the Edgar Allan Poe Books games were easy and I liked the fact that I always got another piece of the puzzle to continue with the story. Mini games were great and challenging. It was tough but thats what I like about this challenging games, also the walk-through helped me a lot when I was stuck .Good work you did it again! I also got a free credit when i bought this game so I am off to buy another awesome game. Thanks again!

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 9:41:10 PM PST

marlodear
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by marlodear on Oct 17, 10 10:03 PM
Had issues getting this game to work, but once I did, it was great. Not so easy I could finish in one sitting, but not so hard I wanted to quit.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 17, 10 10:31 PM
Just finished game, (sadly)..absolutely brilliant..couldn't recommend it enough!!

Perfect 10/10 from me

feel like restarting and playing all over again...

Daring55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Daring55 on Oct 18, 10 1:34 AM
I am so glad to see the great reviews here! I concur completely! It is absolutely the best HOG, IHOG, adventure game I have purchased through Big Fish! I stayed up way past my bedtime playing it, because I just couldn't stop.

I used a punch card reward to buy it, but, IMO, it would easily be worth the regular $6.99 price--yes, it is just that good!

Thanks, Big Fish! I hope to see more games of this caliber!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Oct 18, 10 9:31 AM
games-this is a very good game

music-is cool,very relaxing

I like the idea of putting things together to use them else where

hidden objects-objects are a little hard to find,but then you don,t want them to be to easy.

puzzles-very cool puzzles,you have to find the pieces to them,to fix them thats cool.

all in all I think the game is real good,i like idea of the straghy guide is there when you need it.Its a buy for me,hope everyone enjoys the game .i know I will

happy gaming all

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Oct 20, 10 7:05 PM
The developer of this game is similar to Puppetshow series, from fonts to game style.. but when I first bought this game I am afraid that it will be 'slow' in my computer like Puppetshow: Souls of the Innocent. But luckily this game isn't, and it has one of the best stories ever.

Really love the graphic and the spookiness in it. The Hidden Object games are a bit difficult but they are overcome with good stories. Really worth the money..

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Oct 20, 10 7:27 PM
I absolutely loved it!!! For me it is right up there with Return to Ravenhearst (my all time favorite). I didn't want it to end. Great story! Beautiful graphics. Level of difficulty just right. I highly recommend this game.

[Post New]by Kath161 on Oct 22, 10 4:21 PM
I'm lost....I've been working on this game for a while now and I can't seem to get past the first 3 places....I thought I had found all the clues and I can't find any more but I can't move on...help................someone.....please........

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on Oct 22, 10 5:19 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! GREAT GAME-EVERYTHING WORKED JUST FINE-NOT YOUR 4 HOUR AND FINISHED !! TAKES ALOT OF GOOD HARD WORK AND THINKING! NO HINT OPTION IS A GREAT TESTER OF THE BRAIN. LOVED IT!

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 22, 10 5:21 PM
I've only tried this game a bit, but I didn't get hooked as I did with the Rue Morgue, so playing a bit more, before I think to buy.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 22, 10 5:23 PM
I think it was just because it was a boring start to the game, with the benches, the scene of the street was OK, maybe it was relying on the success of the Rue Morgue for people to purchase this one, but on its own I did not get hooked, and enjoyed it, so again playing a bit more to go to other scenes.

[Post New]by marcmallo on Oct 22, 10 7:30 PM
Game crashed and had to start over too many times for me to recommend. I've done all the recommended fixes, and even wrote BF, but no joy (or response). I was very close to the end one of the times so became very frustrated. For those who can run it, I'm sure its a great game. MH

[Post New]by cklein on Oct 22, 10 8:35 PM
One of the best games I have ever played on Big Fish! I played the expert level and was SO impressed with the clues, hidden objects, challenge games and ammenties such as the bugs moving around and real like areas. The BC has some of the best challenge games too. Game really kept my interest and kept me on my toes.

Smart to add the walk-through as part of the game. Didn't want the game to end. Enjoyed Murder at Rue Morgue too. Hope there will be more available soon.

Disappointed to receive the bonus play, but it didn't work. I give it 10

[Post New]by perennially on Oct 23, 10 8:18 AM
KC_Granny wrote:This is the best game I've played in a long time. The graphics were great. The story line made sense. It was challenging enough but not too hard. And - it was long enough that I felt like I got my money's worth.

That says it for me too lol!

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 23, 10 3:07 PM
After finishing the bonus, still not into the game, just bored with it, the Rue Morgue, met different characters and went to different places were I enjoyed looking around the scenes more, did not find the scenary appealing here. I just find myself playing the games just for the sake of playing them, not caring where I go, or what happens. Its not a buy for me at the moment, maybe if nothing better comes along, buy it as a last resort.

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 3:08:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Oct 24, 10 9:18 AM
AT LAST after sitting on a game credit for this month and trying out quite a few new releases, I've found a truly fabulous game.

Just played the full hour and can't wait to really get into it.

It's interesting, captivating, clear graphics, great game play and storyline and I've just scraped the surface.

Might be checking out Rue Morgue too some time.

This is a for sure...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 24, 10 9:47 AM
The developer of this game is similar to Puppetshow series, from fonts to game style..
It's the same, Mrs_Kim.
I enjoyed this so I'm going to go back and get Rue Morgue. To me, puppet show was a 9/10 and this is an 8.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 9:49:12 AM PST

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Oct 25, 10 2:53 AM
Are there any plans to make this fab game available for mac. I feel as if I'm missing out here.

Go to: