Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jethena on Jan 9, 11 12:50 PM
bmcclint wrote:Did u get any help? I csn't even get it to open. Just says "do you want to play again>: as though I've exited the game even tho I can't get it open.

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jethena on Jan 9, 11 12:53 PM
bmcclint wrote:Did u get any help? I csn't even get it to open. Just says "do you want to play again>: as though I've exited the game even tho I can't get it open.

I am having the same problem!! Ugghh! I have installed, verified, etc and then, "play again" pops up as if I've already played the game? Very frustrating. I have emailed tech support but haven't heard anything yet. I would not have purchased this game if I'd known this problem.

Terrenis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Terrenis on Jan 17, 11 6:44 AM
My current problem is that the game is crashing everytime I try to enter the boathouse and it's getting very frustrating. I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Jana

[Post New]by laughout43 on Jan 25, 11 6:36 PM
I have played the majority of the game, I am at a point where you put a turning wheel on a washing machine. that worked. then you are supposed to put meat grinder to be the handle..next to rollers. the game will not accept the meat grinder and I viewed the walk through to see if I was correct.

Very frustrating,

Ejune3
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Ejune3 on Jan 30, 11 11:49 PM
laughout43 wrote:I have played the majority of the game, I am at a point where you put a turning wheel on a washing machine. that worked. then you are supposed to put meat grinder to be the handle..next to rollers. the game will not accept the meat grinder and I viewed the walk through to see if I was correct.

Very frustrating,

I had that problem until I reread the walkthrough. Place the grinder on the leaning table in the boiler room. Unscrew the handle from the grinder. Then the handle will be available in your inventory. Happy gaming!

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Feb 6, 11 6:35 AM
I just did the game manager update and now I can't open the game I've paid for!!! What's with that?

[Post New]by jsdykstra on Feb 15, 11 2:44 PM
Downloaded Game fine, played for awhile fine. The next day I booted up my laptop and the game refuses to load. The screen flashes for one second - nothing but if I try to click on the game again it says it is already running! It's not and I tried every compatibility mode there is...no good. Don't know why it worked and after reboot...nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Running Windows7 and the game manager had updated as well but I think before I installed the game.

[Post New]by catcollector on Apr 20, 11 9:45 PM
zunan wrote:please help...there is no hidden object game by the fountain....walkthrough says to get sack there.. is anyone else having this problem...if so what do i do? un install and then re install? this is not the CE..thanks for help

I am having that same issue. According to the walk through, I went out of sequence and repaired the fountain before doing the hidden object to get the sack. I have tried without success to get the HOG to trigger.

Help anyone!

[Post New]by bobbijean2u on May 18, 11 10:55 AM
I think my body & brain started going into shock for a second... I just had the game crash on me apparently, when I brought it back up it said the game file was corrupt & to create a new profile. It's making me start over?! At first, I thought is was a horrible rude ending with no conclusion... & then thought better, after the initial shock..
I think I was closer to the end... (I found a hidden door, shut some steam off & cut through a lock, hopefully to give you an idea of where I was. Just finished a hidden object scene in a back room... after finding a chemist area) & it hasn't crashed on me before now... I'm not doing anything differently than for any of the other games I play. I didn't have any issues with any of the other games I've played from here lately.
How frustrating.
I very rarely have games 'crash' on me ever... this was a huge, unwelcome surprise. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read everybody's comments before posting this if somebody has already found out that this is a repetitive thing happening. I will probably take the time later or another day to read through & see if there's something else I need to do to make it work before I play it again. Ugh. Sick to my stomach!

[Post New]by veebright on May 22, 11 9:19 AM
sharon818 wrote:For some reason, I was able to put the spare boiler parts on the boiler way before I should have. Now that I'm ready to move forward, I can't because the wheel is connected but the blue rod came off and will not reattach. How do I fix this to continue the game?

I'm having the same problem--Did you ever find an answer? Thanks.

Edited on 05/22/2011 at 9:21:59 AM PST

[Post New]by kaslea82 on Jul 23, 11 9:29 PM
This stupid game keeps crashing!!! I'm beyond frustrated. I've started over 5 times already. How is it that there are reports almost a year old complaining about crashes and corrupted files, an update, more complaints and it STILL ISN'T FIXED. Is this EVER going to be fixed? How was anyone able to finish the game?

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Oct 19, 11 1:18 AM
I'm all the way to the boathouse and need to attach the hook to the boat. I never get a hand so I can grab the hook, just the eye telling me I need to do something. Has anyone had this problem? Running on a Mac with Lion but think this is just a code bug.

Okay so I missed the piece that made everything work. And it's fine, finished it last night.

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 2:53:05 AM PST

[Post New]by crisdf on Oct 23, 11 1:22 PM
bobbijean2u wrote:I think my body & brain started going into shock for a second... I just had the game crash on me apparently, when I brought it back up it said the game file was corrupt & to create a new profile. It's making me start over?! At first, I thought is was a horrible rude ending with no conclusion... & then thought better, after the initial shock..
I think I was closer to the end... (I found a hidden door, shut some steam off & cut through a lock, hopefully to give you an idea of where I was. Just finished a hidden object scene in a back room... after finding a chemist area) & it hasn't crashed on me before now... I'm not doing anything differently than for any of the other games I play. I didn't have any issues with any of the other games I've played from here lately.
How frustrating.
I very rarely have games 'crash' on me ever... this was a huge, unwelcome surprise. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read everybody's comments before posting this if somebody has already found out that this is a repetitive thing happening. I will probably take the time later or another day to read through & see if there's something else I need to do to make it work before I play it again. Ugh. Sick to my stomach!

[Post New]by crisdf on Oct 23, 11 1:29 PM
I also have the same problem, and is very disappointing because I like the game but am tired to restart from scratch. I tried again today and game closed when I putted the skeleton back in the 'library' .

does anybody have a solution?

[Post New]by elizlennon on Nov 7, 11 4:29 AM
i'm having an issue with the boiler, at first i thought it was just me, but i have restarted the game around five times, i get the wheel and arm and put it on the boiler and the little thing on the door just like the walkthrough tells me to do but when i try to push the button to start the boiler it doesnt start, now the wheel is in position and the arm is attached but it says must attach before starting? what should i do?

[Post New]by ldburton629 on Nov 18, 11 11:34 AM
I am on Chapter Five going round and round...I checked walkthrough and I was supposed to pick up the mouse in the cage on a hidden object scene. It never happened. Big Fish Tech says nothing I could do but start over with a different player name. Anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by bowman1025 on Feb 3, 12 9:14 AM
Snookums63 wrote:
sharon818 wrote:For some reason, I was able to put the spare boiler parts on the boiler way before I should have. Now that I'm ready to move forward, I can't because the wheel is connected but the blue rod came off and will not reattach. How do I fix this to continue the game?

I am also having the problem with the boiler wheel and the connecting rod. It keeps saying to connect the wheel. The wheel is already there. What do I do now,

[Post New]by bowman1025 on Feb 3, 12 9:15 AM
elizlennon wrote:i'm having an issue with the boiler, at first i thought it was just me, but i have restarted the game around five times, i get the wheel and arm and put it on the boiler and the little thing on the door just like the walkthrough tells me to do but when i try to push the button to start the boiler it doesnt start, now the wheel is in position and the arm is attached but it says must attach before starting? what should i do?

[Post New]by Zaraedaril on Apr 12, 12 5:52 PM
I have restarted the game four times now and have even followed the walkthrough (which I hate doing) and each time I get stuck in the same place, the HOG in the bushes to the right of the garden house does not light up for me, I can't click on it or anything therefore I am unable to get the glue and I'm sure many other things needed for me to progress into the game. I can click and see the gnome and the dancer used to pull the rope and expose a door inside the garden house but I cannot access the hidden object game at all even after four restarts. I am also unable to get into the poolroom inside the garden house. The door is closed and does not light up for me at all. I have tried many times and the only options I have is the hidden room behind the shelf or the door out to the fountain.

[Post New]by Butterfly1968 on Apr 14, 12 2:42 PM
I'm having the same problem with the pool room. The door just won't light up, there's just nothing. I can't continue any further and it's driving me insane! Am I missing something?

Go to: