Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Renovate & Relocate: Boston

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 11, 10 12:09 PM
Many items are very tiny in this game. Gameplay is uninteresting, graphic is so-so. I wouldn`t buy this game yet, maybe as a Daily Deal someday....

I recommend another good decoration game instead this game:
Gardenscapes[i]. Its a perfect example for a really good hog and has many replay value. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by DubyaDubya on Oct 11, 10 12:48 PM
Completely unacceptable for a site of this quality. Developer needs to find an English language proofreader.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 11, 10 6:48 PM
I was also disappointed. I like this type of game too, but this one just didn't make the cut. Lots of spelling errors, but I ignored that, since I skip through most the talking anyway. Maybe next time, but not today.

auntGan
Manatee
Manatee
4,484 Posts

[Post New]by auntGan on Oct 12, 10 1:14 AM
I actually enjoyed the ease of playing this game. It's perfect for when you don't want to have to concentrate while playing. I was able to just relax and play at my leisure. I'm another senior that liked it.

[Post New]by Meka3633 on Oct 12, 10 8:06 AM
The background music was a little overpowering upon start up, but easy to remedy. Very relaxing game. Overall, I liked it. I didn't think the items you were searching for were too small at all and I didn't notice any misspellings. Those errors must have been fixed already. Quite charming although a little easy.

[Post New]by tambone1122 on Oct 12, 10 7:19 PM
i loved this game but was unhappy yet another game that does not give u the full hour free.u get to a point where u have to buy it to download the rest of the game or am i doing something wrong?i have bought over a 130 h.o.g and have seen this happen with other games.

bkl8303
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bkl8303 on Oct 13, 10 2:49 PM
Of all the games that I have played, this one actually was TERRIBLE. I didn't enjoy it one bit. Quite boring and its a no win situation. Just dressing up a room/home, okay then what? Sorry for the purchase. Should have read more of the comments.

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Oct 14, 10 8:09 AM
ugh..absolutely no.

Boone1940
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Boone1940 on Oct 14, 10 4:19 PM
Thanks Goofyduck. You answered all my questions.
I'm sorry I'll have to give this one a pass. I enjoy renovating, painting, refinishing in real life, and would enjoy it in a game. I like the builder games, especially the free play options. So, it's very disappointing to see yet another game with this subject so severely limited and disappointing.

In real home renov or even just decor change, there's so MUCH you can do. And do it over and over, so many choices. This should translate into extended and satisfying game play and re-play fairly easily in terms of usable ideas.
Examples: plumbing mini-games, outdoor plumbing for gardens, garden puzzle mini-games, multiple choices for home decor, hardscaping (the permanent parts of landscaping) similar to 'Gardenscapes', interior home puzzles, changing durable home furnishings and appliances to different styles, lighting games, painting, wallpaper stripping and replenishment or re-painting, new siding, different windows or window treatments, flooring, carpets and rugs... the lists can go on and on, top to bottom on the house and each room.

I tried another BFG HOG 'home renovation' game based on a book. It had such potential! And it didn't satisfy either - too short game play with limited replay appeal, plus an extremely silly story line.

It just seems that limited thought and imagination went into this one. They stopped too soon - way too soon.

I think I'd prefer to buy and play a good game with lots of replay appeal, rather than see a shoddy game come out often.
Why doesn't BF set a general set of standards for developers to adhere to in order to submit a game? They'd have better games that are readily playable by larger numbers of people with differing preferences.
Items like: include an untimed choice, automatic game adjustment for right and left hand players (depending on how you set your mouse, but not having to play a game backhanded), music choices or ability to stop music without stopping all the game sounds, ability to stop voice overs without stopping all game sounds (if you've heard it once, maybe you don't need it again), etc.
Should be fairly easy to make things genre -specific. Good examples abound!
Sorry, Big Fish.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 4:30:26 PM PST

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Oct 15, 10 12:41 PM
The decorating could of been fun, but the choices were extremely limited, and the decorating made no difference to the game what so ever. It was more like when you play one of the building games and after so many levels get to add on to your own castle or what have you. Also the cut scenes talk about staying in budget, but there is no budget to worry about, or any freedom in what you do or don't buy, just slightly different colors.

This was pretty much just a purely strait HoG with nothing thrown in to catch your attention or make it any different then countless other HoG games. For decorating, the Home Sweet Home games offer far more interest, and for HoG games there are countless ones more interesting in story line, objects, mini games, and almost every other aspect.

[Post New]by preciado5 on Oct 15, 10 9:35 PM
There have been a few games I have been bored with here and there.........but this was definately the most DISAPPOINTING game I've ever played. I loved the idea of decorating.....I thought "oh how fun", but the hidden object part was very lame, and the actual decorating part was minimal. I think I even wasted a game credit.....

[Post New]by lavenderrose26 on Oct 16, 10 5:24 PM
I brought the game after I tried it and even though I do like it - the game was a waste of my money because it was too short - this is very annoying besides the spelling errors - what is happening to big fish - they use to have such good games.

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Oct 23, 10 4:11 AM
I agree with everything Goofyduck said, excellent review . Not a buy for me either

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Oct 23, 10 5:19 PM
As a Realtor (also a pastor, but that's another story), I got to the second scene and quit. No Realtor in his or her right mind would allow a client to close on a property that's as much a mess as this one! Maybe a short sale, but even then, come on! So this one is a no-go for me, on top of all the other issues mentioned by most of the other fishies. I'm kind of disappointed, because I really wanted to like this game. <sigh>

[Post New]by AuntYaya1 on Oct 24, 10 11:35 AM
This game had so much promise...I would love to find a game that would let me decorate and renovate rooms, without making me jump through hoops to do it. The spelling errors didn't turn me off. The beginning of the game did. Was really excited to begin the renovation, and having to "clean up" outside the building was a turn off. Hope the designer tries again. Get a good consultant to use what you have created but work the bugs out. Love the graphics.

[Post New]by tribalpeggy on Oct 31, 10 11:23 AM
i thought it was an okay game. the only problem is its to short of a game. went thru it in one morning.

[Post New]by mcbeitz on Nov 3, 10 9:15 PM
Question. Is it just the pent house and grandma's house. Are there any more?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 3, 10 9:28 PM

There's 2 more but it's just more of the same gameplay....

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 9, 11 7:07 AM
I thought have been playing trial games just waiting for something to catch my eye. All the reviews for this simply trashed it. I didn't think it was all that bad. Not something I will use a credit or pay for but enjoyable. Yes, the Hidden Object scenes are a bit of a junk pile and yes, there are some spelling errors.(How is it that someone smart enough to design one of these games can't spell or use spell check?) Decorating the rooms was fun but I would have really enjoyed it had they given more to choose from and the furniture was horrible no matter what you chose.I would have loved to play this with my 6 yr. old grand daughter but from what I read the length would make me very angry. Since there is no walk through I can't check it out for myself.

No Buy

Your Comments and Reviews for Renovate & Relocate: Boston

[Post New]by willamae on May 30, 11 1:11 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Renovate & Relocate: Boston? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Go to: