Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Oct 12, 10 3:28 PM
carolinacat wrote:I guess some people are enjoying this one but I find it boring. I'm not really getting interested in it enough to purchase.

The graphics are OK but not outstanding or well drawn like some other detailed games.

I find the objects too easy to find and there's nothing really to grab me enough to buy.

I'll pass...

I'm with you, Cat. The puzzles are way too easy (borderline insulting my intelligence) and I feel if I bought the game, I would have already been through 3/4 of it. It has beautiful, colorful graphics, but it's no challenge.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 12, 10 7:15 PM
qpr1 wrote:was this game not released a while ago? i disliked it then, and i dislike it now!

Maybe you have played the game already on the german bigfishsite, because it was released on the german website last week.

Edit: Maybe you mean another game - Bigfish has released another "Columbus" game for a few weeks (from another developer).

Edited on 10/12/2010 at 7:16:46 PM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Oct 12, 10 7:26 PM
This game was simply gorgeous!!! I 100% loved it...if you are wondering about the length of the game becasue of no "walkthrough"... I personally was very happy with the length. This is a type of games I favor with Big Fish. I also enjoyed the other Columbus game that came out too. I recommend this game to all that enjoy the HOG & Advenure. Thank you BF!!!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 13, 10 2:19 PM
The grapihcs are well done. The gameplay whether in expert or normal mode is fun and I found the hour over way too soon. The storyline is different and a new twist on the Columbus story. The hint is a recharging and limitless. There doesn't seem to be a pentaly for wild clicking, though the main character will tell you what needs to be done if you get too crazy.

This game is wonderful and totally earned an A.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Oct 13, 10 4:02 PM
I'm with those of you who weren't crazy about it. I DID love the ability to change screen res at the beginning tho! The curser was pretty lazy too so it was nice to turn the custom off. This one isn't a go for me.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 13, 10 10:18 PM
Played some and felt like I'd been there before. I have! LOL I think we've been on a tropical island at least 15+ times in last 6 months, and actually following in Columbus' footsteps just a couple weeks ago.
The game is very nice, nothing I didn't like. Just no desire to buy. Maybe once trend has moved on from deserted islands, I'll give it another try, still 30 minutes left on trial.
For those who like it and bought it, enjoy!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 14, 10 3:26 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:I too found it quite boring. Very simplistic, too much so for me. If you want a super easy game, this will work.
Not impressed with the graphics, not much to figure out as it tells you what and where.

Only lasted 30 minutes and it is a delete for me.

That's exactly how I feel. After half an hour I stopped the game and deleted it.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Oct 14, 10 6:23 AM
Beautiful graphics, nice music. I liked the game, although she prostaya.Nravitsya that we can move from side to side, creating a sense of reality.

mags7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mags7 on Oct 14, 10 3:08 PM
hi very good and unusual game. really enjoyed it . please have more. thank you

merediffy
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by merediffy on Oct 15, 10 11:13 AM
I'm enjoying this game. I bought it using a game credit as soon as I finished the demo.

I don't like "adventure" games because I HATE having to use a walkthrough to figure out what to do next, where I'm supposed to go, etc. They're a pain in the neck to me.

This one has just enough hidden objects to keep me happy, but also things you're supposed to do that are pretty simple to figure out. Nothing big. It's not the usual HOG, you not only have to find things but put them together as well.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 18, 10 6:01 PM
I bought the game and I regret it. I didn't even finish it.
I thought I would need a walkthrough but turns out it was very easy. Too easy.
Boring. I got really bored with the graphics, story, music and scenes in a short time.
I would not buy the sequel if there is one.

[Post New]by Mystic16Mom on Oct 20, 10 11:43 AM
Wasn't my favorite by any means. It was too easy. I bought it after playing the demo so I knew what I was getting. It was ok and had some pros to it, but again, in the end, I was rather unsatisfied. Glad the ones who liked it, enjoyed it. Just giving my opinion,

Take Care,
M. Mom

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Oct 21, 10 11:05 PM
So much lost potential! This game has all the suspenseful elements of something really interesting: history, foreign cultures, ghosts. Sadly, it's mediocre at best.

There is no soundtrack, just random cheesy "ambient" noises that don't really set the mood at all. The graphics are okay, bright and pretty, but nothing spectacular. Often the images don't fit the name of the object you are trying to find, and names like "can (box)" or "bundle" (of what?) don't even make sense.

By the time I got to the tortilla, I was really just hoping the game would be over soon. Developers? Cooking tortillas isn't game-worthy, exciting, or interesting. Also, finding the same object ten times (ooooh! lantern!) gets really repetitive. At least by the third time I had to find a "can (box)" I had some vague idea what to find.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 24, 10 1:48 PM
I this game!! Just finished it and it was wonderful! It was so fun to play and watch and everything looked wonderful on it. Not one hiccup (problem) playing either. WELL WEEEEELLLLL worth a credit!

Objects clear to see/find
Unlimited hints refill mega fast
Great graphics
Good storyline
Good voice-overs
No timer
VERY unique mini games I just loved playing them! Even jigsaws bit of a challenge!
There is a skip button if you get stuck
Length was very long, took me over a day to play (with my usual breaks)
But I'd say 4-8 hours depending on your play speed.
I played on easy but there is a hard option in the menu that takes away sparkles and such.. but with so much back and forth I welcomed them!

I didn't need a walkthrough, there is nothing I can complain about in this game. Loved it loved it loved it! (I played with scrolling off btw and it was just like a normal iHOG) I give it 10 big and a total !!!! I really hope we see more of this series with a new story!!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASE!! With sugar on top and a !

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 2:28:32 PM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 24, 10 2:18 PM
:
Corie60 wrote:Cyndrap,
Funnym that you mention the slow hint reload. For some reason it reloads in about 5 seconds for me. Have no idea why it is soooo fast. I was really surprised as it was much slower in the beta. Maybe some glitch with my download, but I like it

I had the same thing.. super fast hint refill.

Another reminder.. this IS a iHOG!!! Not a HOG. I just don't get anyone thinking its a straight HOG.

Also.. my game had music.. I don't understand the fish that posted there was no music in this game. Its the one time I turned mine up LOL I liked the music and I usually find it destracting..not this time!

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 2:27:09 PM PST

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Nov 13, 10 9:05 PM
I am in just about the middle of the game and like it very much. This is not a HOG which, I do not like. This is an IHOG. There is a lot of interaction. I love having the next action location sparkled. I do not mind running around in different rooms inside a house, mansion, museum or whatever but I think this game could get very confusing if you were not directed to the next location in some way.

I think that this a delightful game. I am in love with RPG's but still like a game in which I can feel involved at some level. I do not like piles of junk all mushed together. It is boring. Finding items placed in view is much more enjoyable.

I do not how to rate this game as to difficulty. It is, I feel, a beginners to medium game level that is very enjoyable.

I am glad that I made the purchase.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Nov 15, 10 7:31 PM
Just finished the game and enjoyed it. It would be a pretty standard hidden object/adventure/puzzle game except for the "scrolling" hidden scenes where the scene is wider than the width of the screen and you have to scroll around to find everything.

I liked the "scrolling" mode just because it was a little different, but I think most people wouldn't really like it, and it's easy to turn off and on if you want in the game itself (there's a Scrolling On/Off button in the upper right).

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Dec 21, 10 12:05 PM
I demoed the game today (for the very first time)... and my first thought is... probably i won't like it.. BUT i actually loved it. Like the hidden object scenes, the going in to the past and moving back and forth.. and it's a pretty easy HOG game. At one point everytime she went into a scene or something the screen went all black.. and I though UH-OH there's a glitch.. but no apparently it is like that... I got a little bit dizzy everytime it did that ( i don't know if you understand me, but that's the best way I can describe it )... Overall it's a buy for me .

oo7julee
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by oo7julee on Oct 2, 11 10:47 AM
HI, I just bought it . I thought it was a fun game.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Oct 2, 11 1:02 PM
The game is too linear to me for an iHOG. And the girl in the story flat out tells you what to do, and in the non-expert mode it shows you with sparkles where you need to go. I play games in casual/relaxed mode, and this is just way too simple. I think it would appeal to kids between the graphics, the easy HOG scenes and easy interactive tasks, but I just can't get into this game myself. If I had plenty of money to spend on games, I would probably buy this, but since I don't, I'll give it a miss. I already have a long list of games I really want but have to wait till I can afford them.

To those of you who enjoy this game, I'm glad you like it. If you haven't played the trial version yet, give it a try and see what you think. It's a good deal since it's the DD.

I believe from the reviews I have read that I am in the minority here. I don't dislike the game, I just don't care for it myself.

Go to: