djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 15, 10 7:27 AM
Hi flowerchild44, lol-I think it's a glitch in the game. I'm stuck also!

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Oct 15, 10 7:39 AM
viclynn17 wrote:I am trying to get the record out of the file cabinet. I get them all in but it will not let me take the record. I have reinstalled and the gliches stopped now this.

Same here!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 15, 10 7:57 AM
katejoe999 wrote:I've been having a fine old time with this game but seem to have hit a glitch. I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game! Not good for a CE!!
I have the same problem. Uninstal en reinstal the game. But the problem is the same. Now I have to try the game under a other namen.

javamamma
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by javamamma on Oct 15, 10 8:46 AM
I also had a problem with the hotel door. I deleted the game file and re-started the game.

I had neglected to pick up the sun compass from the left hand of the light post statue next to the tram (where you get the light bulb). No problem with the hotel door after that.

I have yet to get to the drawer with the record.

Hope this helps.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Oct 15, 10 10:16 AM
the same thing for me also.get to intercom,every thing goes away,can,nt shut it down.have tried unstalling,restarting.it just goes back to intercom puzzle.

[Post New]by starznmiz on Oct 15, 10 10:33 AM
Ran into the same glitch at the "greedy drawer". Started over again with a new profile. Once I got to that part of the game, I did everything I could before opening the drawers. I think you have to find the things to complete the blowtorch and get inside the train before opening the drawers. Once I did that, the greedy drawer gave up the goods. Hope this helps. BTW - it is a glitch that they need to correct.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 15, 10 10:52 AM
If you try to solve the drawer puzzle in the subway on your own and hit the reset button, and then try to solve it using the clue, you can't get the record.

The game doesn't expect you to cross the bridge more than twice--if you do-the tree falls and you can no longer get the car keys.

If you touch the bear by the porch and he says his rhyme this ends the scene--period. If you didn't pick up the keys first--you don't get them.

After completing the game the first time, I read this technical problem thread and went back to the game...I've been able to recreate each one of these problems, which means that these are bugs.

Now I'm going to have to go and change my game review. It appears that there is at least a 35% chance of problems if you do anything outside of a given order in the game. This is simply unacceptable for coloring outside the lines.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 15, 10 11:02 AM
A big thank you textrekkie!

Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cindyfink on Oct 15, 10 11:29 AM
I am having the same issue - I can get out of the intercom game but my inventory, menu, hint and guide are gone. I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game.

mfbethel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mfbethel on Oct 15, 10 12:17 PM
My inventory and menu options have also disappeared. I really like this game, but... please advise...

airace
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by airace on Oct 15, 10 12:39 PM
Once you have the car key you need to go over to the car and zoom into the left door, pop the key on the lock to open the door and you'll see the **** scene. After that you get the car logo and once you zoom into the car hood you can take the lever.

Has the tree collapsed before you had a chance to complete any of these actions?

I seem to have the same problem as others-went to the manhole and got to the "tree generator" and got the car keys but as soon as I went out the tree fell and now I can't go anywhere!!! it will let me go to the manhole tree area but I can't do anything there! If there are fixes to this I would certainly like to see them soon! Also on a side note the "spade/heart puzzle" does not work-went to the stratagy guide and it shows four spades and three hearts but in any case there is no way to win this one without being able to jump forward or backward twice at some point!

[Post New]by jstmeginger on Oct 15, 10 12:51 PM
I d/led this game and then it d/led again and again i have hughesnet and they have a fair access policy whice sucks but whats up with the games lately i know everytime i post something on here noone helps me out here so i dont know why im even saying anything because no one will comment me back on either game yes im having trouble with the game from today too i cant get it too start it starts flashing and i have to rebook to get it to stop Thanks Teresa

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 15, 10 3:17 PM
jstmeginger--I sent you a PM. I'm not sure what problem you are having--is it getting the game to download? Is it getting the game to start? I can't tell for sure from your post.

If you are having problems with the download or getting it to download completly, you may just have to keep trying, especially if it is dial up.

I fit is a problem getting the game to start initially, you will have to contact customer support. They are the only ones who will be able to help you with that. If you are a game member you can use Live Chat which is quick and easy and available right now.

[Post New]by femlin on Oct 15, 10 3:18 PM
I don't normally have any problems with any game using Windows 7, but I have redownloaded this game twice and am having the same problem with constant video flashing during the hidden object scenes. It doesn't prevent me from continuing to play, but is very annoying. Will there be a patch to fix this, is anyone else having the same problem, or am I the only one? The game is rather simple and easy - at least for me - but enjoyable without having to think too much or too hard. It is a nice diversion from the more diverse HOG, but having the constant flashing of the scene trying to locate hidden object items is very distracting. I would appreciate any help or comments from those having the same problem.

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Oct 15, 10 3:44 PM
textrekkie wrote:If you try to solve the drawer puzzle in the subway on your own and hit the reset button, and then try to solve it using the clue, you can't get the record.

The game doesn't expect you to cross the bridge more than twice--if you do-the tree falls and you can no longer get the car keys.

If you touch the bear by the porch and he says his rhyme this ends the scene--period. If you didn't pick up the keys first--you don't get them.

After completing the game the first time, I read this technical problem thread and went back to the game...I've been able to recreate each one of these problems, which means that these are bugs.

Now I'm going to have to go and change my game review. It appears that there is at least a 35% chance of problems if you do anything outside of a given order in the game. This is simply unacceptable for coloring outside the lines.

Hi Tex,
I guess you are now our resident expert on the game. It's good to know we are in such good hands. I have already played part way twice. Got hit with the mailbox glitch and had to restart the game. Had no problem with the key that time, but I did take it first thing. Now I am stuck at the slot machine. I can get the three 7's (and have done so many times now) but have not been able to get the three keys. Got any advice for me before that thing eats my life savings?

blackgsd
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by blackgsd on Oct 15, 10 3:51 PM
"Now I'm going to have to go and change my game review. It appears that there is at least a 35% chance of problems if you do anything outside of a given order in the game. This is simply unacceptable for coloring outside the lines."

Well, I've uninstalled it and it's staying uninstalled. I'll just chalk this one up to experience because I'm not about to play a game that requires me to follow a walkthrough.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Oct 15, 10 3:51 PM
Coronagold wrote:As much as I was loving this game, I hit a serious glitch. After the tree fell down onto the bridge I could not back out toward the area with the car. I could only go forward once to the dead end, and back once to the bridge where the sound of the tree falling would repeat again. Not CE standards.

Same problem here. Hope this is corrected soon.

[Post New]by DoraDoraBoBora on Oct 15, 10 3:53 PM
I played the demo, and everything seemed to work fine. After buying it, however, and letting it install, the game now crashes my entire computer and forces it to reboot every time I try to load it. Further, my computer says the game is still installed, but the Game Manager always says there's a problem and doesn't display the game in my list. I've downloaded and reinstalled this three times with no luck, and even made sure all my drivers are updated.

Any help is really appreciated.

I'm running Windows XP, AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3D Now (2 CPUs). I have 3 GB of RAM, and my video card is ATI Radeon HD4670 512 MB.

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Oct 15, 10 3:53 PM
airace wrote:Once you have the car key you need to go over to the car and zoom into the left door, pop the key on the lock to open the door and you'll see the **** scene. After that you get the car logo and once you zoom into the car hood you can take the lever.

Has the tree collapsed before you had a chance to complete any of these actions?

I seem to have the same problem as others-went to the manhole and got to the "tree generator" and got the car keys but as soon as I went out the tree fell and now I can't go anywhere!!! it will let me go to the manhole tree area but I can't do anything there! If there are fixes to this I would certainly like to see them soon! Also on a side note the "spade/heart puzzle" does not work-went to the stratagy guide and it shows four spades and three hearts but in any case there is no way to win this one without being able to jump forward or backward twice at some point!

In the solution picture for the hearts/spade puzzle, it does show 4 spades, but there are only 3 each in the actual puzzle. It can be done, I can pm you the solution or can post it here if you want. If anyone else cannot get it I can send it to you.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 15, 10 3:57 PM
I just finished the game without any problems, but after reading these comments I created backups of the save game from time to time. Until those problems are solved, everyone else should do this as well, so you don't have to start from the beginning in case of an error.

Just press WIN+R (run program dialog pops up) and post this into it: "%appdata%\Elephant Games\Mystery Trackers".
After pressing enter it should bring you right into the save game folder. Just make a copy of those files from time to time and recover them when you have to "go back in time".

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 3:59:23 PM PST

Go to: