elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 21, 10 7:11 AM
qpr1's post above is a perfect example of wasted space in a forum that's meant for meaningful, thoughtful reviews and comments. I read every word of well-spoken opinions about games I might like, but I tend to gliss over the "sour grape" one-liners or the "why can't there be more TMs--why can there be more Marble Shooters--why can't there be more Match-3s." This is a thread to voice thoughts on THIS particular game, not to air gripes about BFG's offerings. I like what I've read about the positives of this game, so I'm gonna give it a chance--that's all anyone can ask for, right? Give it a chance.

(WTG, jkuci--GREAT question!)

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 7:15:25 AM PST

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Oct 23, 10 11:47 PM
Boy, these forums on comments and reviews have become so hostile lately. Why play or trial a game and then come here to take it out on each other!! Maybe it's due to the frustration around in the new "world order" that is going to sh_t. I don't have any idea, but have never seen it so bad.

Anyway, all is forgiven on my end. I know where and who to take my frustrations out on, and it is not the great fishies that post here.

The game. I thought it had many interesting aspects, such as the running to and fro (although I agree about the map - useless); the potion making was different, the way the hidden objects were displayed was totally different, the puzzles were set up so you didn't even realize you were playing a puzzle, and the atmosphere was great.

Am I getting too old to see these little tiny birds that don't really even look like birds, that I have to find three of to progress? I thought the graphics may have been fine, but things you had to find were soooooo small, and didn't even look like what they were. IMHO, you were immediately thrown into this game with little story behind why you were there, and then asked to look for things you had no idea what the hell they were suppose to look like, besides being too tiny to find. It could have been a great game except for that. Lots to do, different approaches to the usual HOG game, but if I can't see what I'm doing, I'm not going to spend my credit on it.

And to all the newcomers here who chose to post such ridiculous complaints about a perfectly acceptable game, I feel compelled to tell you that is not the way it has always been around here. If nothing else, this was a place where postings were informative, sometimes funny, but ALWAYS courteous. Anyone agree?

Cathy

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Oct 24, 10 5:05 PM
And for the record I absolutly love this game, I must be a bit witchy cause I love casting spells. This game had an even spatter of mini games, some I get frustrated with but you can skip, and thats always a plus for me. My eyes are not having too much trouble and at 58 my eyes are better than my 34 yr old daughter who has trouble finding the hidden objects. We're all different and we like different things and a good job we are too. I dice around with strategy/Time management but always come back to my favourites. Also I love the adventure style coming along nowadays, 'variety is the spice of life'.

What I really want to know is will there be a sequel?????
hint hint!

[Post New]by ratdog02 on Oct 25, 10 7:43 PM
this was a great game,it sure kept me busy,i just finished it ,but i was wondering if there going to be a sequal to it since it said to contiune,does that mean there will be another one,sure hope so.
keep up the good work up guys,sure keeps this old woman not being so lonely
thank you

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 26, 10 6:34 PM
SavemeJack wrote:
And to all the newcomers here who chose to post such ridiculous complaints about a perfectly acceptable game, I feel compelled to tell you that is not the way it has always been around here. If nothing else, this was a place where postings were informative, sometimes funny, but ALWAYS courteous. Anyone agree?

Cathy

Cathy, You said this so very nicely!
I'm sorry this one didn't work for you. For me it was fun and a joy to play in the . But I know what you mean about not being able to see some objects then having to use hints. Does take the fun out of it.
Here's to finding our next perfect game soon.
Kellie

[Post New]by batzilla on Oct 26, 10 7:17 PM
I have loved this game, but am near the end now and can't get clues, nor can I go back to other places on the map.

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Oct 26, 10 9:36 PM
Personally I wasn't that wild about this game. Not much adventure to it. Yes, the graphics were very good but just the whole feel of the game was kind of blah to me. Just my humble opinion.

Re:Review and Comments

[Post New]by KarenV1234 on Oct 29, 10 10:45 PM
SMQMC wrote:Hannah57 - I can't imagine why you keep looking at HOGS but don't want any Hidden Objects!! What kind of game is a HOG after all? There are many other kinds to choose from: Action, Match 3, Arcades, Cards, Words, Puzzles, etc., etc. There are those of us who love HOGS and look in the Hidden Object area of the Big Fish Games to select. Even if you receive a HOG in your e-mail, it will tell you up front that it's a Hidden Object Game. When it says that, just don't open it up!! Easy fix to not playing any more HOGS!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 30, 10 4:39 PM
If HOGs didn't sell well they wouldn't keep developing them...

Let it go.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Nov 3, 10 1:32 PM
Just finished my trip to Magic Island.....and now I am a magician......love it! A very cute game with great "outdoors" graphics/artwork [not a raven or Gothic house insight ], sound effects [especially the animal sounds when they are clicked on, puzzles [loved making the "spells" using the cauldron, and trying to grab the ingredients off the "assembly line" .......I want more of those kind!] It was a good length for me because I solve the games over several days, so I never concentrate on the hours.......just the fun. I love HOGs that's why I buy them and play them.......what a novel idea, huh? HA! I would recommend this one .......*smack

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Nov 3, 10 11:39 PM
This was a fun game! I like anything involving magic and especially liked the elemental magic theme. The hidden object scenes were fairly easy and there was a nice variety of puzzles. I didn't think the objects were too small, but I'm playing on a 24" monitor.

The map was pretty and it was useful to indicate where there was stuff to do, although I would have liked to click on a location to be taken there directly, especially because there was a slight delay when moving from scene to scene.

I'm glad I read some of the threads regarding the bug with the lamps. I would have been very annoyed to have to restart the game at that point as it was pretty near the end. I'd advise anyone playing this game to read about how to avoid the bug in this forum as it could save you some frustration and it's not really much of a spoiler.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Nov 7, 10 3:24 PM
I love HOGS!!! Especislly the ones where you have to wander back and forth. It keeps me on my toes and makes me think trying to remember how I got from here to there.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 12, 10 12:10 AM
I played this game (beta) and thought graphics were nice and story as many we've already seen, nice game but not that great. After your comments I will try again, may be it has improved in some ways.................

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 13, 10 10:34 PM
I love love hogs. I dont know why this game didnt grab me. I liked the coloring in this game and graphics were pretty good.

Maybe I am sick today lol. Will hold off buying. Will have to think about this one.

Happy gaming

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jan 5, 11 9:40 AM
It may contain spoiler!!

At first the introduction and the first thing that you have to do, that is finding the tablets made myself thinking, This is going to be a very boring HOG. But It wasn't it was really fun, I love the graphics it was very colorful, which I love . Another thing that I like is that you only have to play the same scene one time and that's a plus to me, it kinda gets boring when you have to play the same HOG scene over and over again! , but overall it did have some adventure in it. Like making potions and going back forth which I like that very much.

The story didn't intrigue me that much, it's about this student that needs to get out of this island so he can become a magician. And that for me is not a very intriguing story-line but at least the graphics and everything else made up for it (In my view of course).

It's a good game and I would probably buy it in a sale or as a Daily Deal.

I give it a 3.5 out of 5 >

[Post New]by oleboy on Feb 28, 11 10:44 AM
I am fairly new to the HOG but found this one very interesting, not too difficult but still challenging, good job BFG.

oleboy

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Mar 7, 11 6:20 PM
I love this game. The graphics are beautiful. The story and play interaction is great. It's smooth and fun. No problems finding objects. No problems with the game play. It's a nice game and I am going back to finish playing it. Definitely a buy. See Yah! Lov'in it!

Edited on 03/07/2011 at 6:21:31 PM PST

rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosebud477 on Mar 19, 11 10:15 AM
Good game a little bit more then ****. 1 game credit left do I buyor not?

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 7, 11 4:02 AM
I like HOGs and this is a more interactive game than most. Unfortunately, it just didn't grab me. I found it a bit amaterish and hard to justify buying as there are so many games (better in my opinion) on BF. Sorry.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 11, 11 3:51 AM
I was just swimming in the Chit-Chat Corner and learned about this game. So I came to the Forum to learn more about it. I like to read what others have to say about games before I decide to purchase. However, I'm thinking some here forgot to take their chill pills. My favorite games are the A/HOG as they offer a variety of interest. Thanks BFG for all these different genres.

Go to: