Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Tribe

[Post New]by Lexi1402 on Oct 21, 10 3:26 AM
Hi Guys,
if finished the game and must say i've really enjoyed it but here's the but I can't seem to find the last Star. The last Deco for the Building is also still locked. Can anybody give me a clue where the star is and how to unlock the Deco?
Thanks Lexi1402

[Post New]by Althiva on Oct 21, 10 3:57 AM
thank you very much, has been helpful Mendolyn

CrioGames
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by CrioGames on Oct 21, 10 10:37 PM
Lexi1402 wrote:Hi Guys,
if finished the game and must say i've really enjoyed it but here's the but I can't seem to find the last Star. The last Deco for the Building is also still locked. Can anybody give me a clue where the star is and how to unlock the Deco?
Thanks Lexi1402

Last Decor for the Building will open after you collect all collection's items.
And try to find Star at the Rock under the stone-face.

Thank you all for playing!

[Post New]by Althiva on Oct 22, 10 7:19 AM
Hello
I have a problem and that I still have an unopened totem but have not received any order, yet I have not beaten the game but do not tell me anything task. someone has this happened? as solved?
thanks

Paristan
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Paristan on Oct 23, 10 3:34 PM
Thanks for all this info. I wasn't sure about this one but will definately try it now. I loved all those funny tribe and casteway games. This one sounds promising. Thanks everyone

mngal46
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mngal46 on Oct 24, 10 8:37 AM
talisman018 wrote:I did the Beta for this game (through Big Fish, so don't ask me if I can pass any messages along to the makers ).

Graphics: 2 out of 5. Not very well done. It was rather sloppy in my humble opinion, though the animations for the little workers was good. The single cel scenes that tell the background story were my main complaint. They seemed more like sketches than finished artwork. Also, the faces on the workers seemed unappealing, at least to me. (They looked grumpy.)

Sound: 3 out of 5. Fully adjustable on the options menu. My complaint about the sound was really focused on the continually annoying grunts and "oh!" noises that the workers made whenever you picked them up and put them back down. Considering that this is a very frequent thing that you must do, it gets very annoying very fast. The music is all right, however.

Gameplay: 3 out of 5. I have to admit, because of a number of factors, I didn't play the entire beta test through. I know I should have, but with all that I've already mentioned plus terrible English translation, I dumped out after only half an hour. Therefore, the best that I can say about the gameplay is that the instructions are moderately clear and that I didn't have any major problems. The worst thing was the edge detection was a bit off, making it tricky to land your workers in the right spot for what they needed to do. I had to reposition them often to get them to work.

Fun Factor: 1 out of 5. I would, personally, never buy this game. Not until it was cleaned up and all the things mentioned above reworked. I didn't find it fun at all. I'd much rather spend a few days with "Escape From Paradise".

I hate to be so negative,but it really needed to be said. Not a very well made game. I hope this humble review helps!
Happy gaming!!

PS: I tested only the version sent to me by Big Fish and NOT this current version. They may have fixed everything, so please try before you judge. Thanks to a fishie who PM'd me; I should have made that more clear.

I played the game and was so excited that we didn't have another hidden object game. I found the game to be quite enjoyable. For people who don't like strategy or time management games, and just want to play hidden object games, then this is probably not for you. For the rest, this game is enjoyable

[Post New]by Beagl02cc on Oct 27, 10 7:29 AM
I love this game but really wish you could make it that more than one player can play. Most games different people can play with more profiles. This game only one can play.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 27, 10 9:39 PM
hiBeagl02cc~ and welcome to the forums

when you start farm tribe you will notice on the main menu screen, in the top right corner, there is a welcome [joe] and a line that says: click here if this isn't you... if you click there, you will find that there are actually five profile slots that you add, choose or delete...

hope this fixes your problem!

just ok

[Post New]by readingwithrj on Oct 28, 10 4:51 AM
I am not a game expert, but I found this game to be just ok. I played the hour demo, and purchased the game, but find it rather boring and too structured. I can't get involved with the game personally. You can't arrange the buildings the way you want, or decorate them, or upgrade them. You can't put the farm plots where you want or add to them. when you are given a task, you can do nothing else until they are complete, I found myself spending too much time emptying the storage. I have found nearly all of the collections, and have 20 workers, I believe there is still one building, but I have gotten all the other technical things. I hate the big pop up boxes with instructions, I hope they consider using the upper task box for instructions, but I dislike the instruction part anyway..it only allows for one way of play, one step at a time and does not allow any freedom of game play...is there another level after this one? I sure hope so or I would not recommend this game. what I did like...I liked the colorful graphics, they are not perfect, but the little people are nice, I like that they don't drop anything when you move them. I like that you can set them a task and they continue to do it. I like that the game stops when you log off, I really like there are no children in the game, the workers talk to each other and don't raise babies. I like that the people don't age or die.
what I would like to see. more...more choices, more levels, more upgrades to buildings. just opioions. thanks for listening.

[Post New]by o0waz0o on Oct 28, 10 6:12 PM
mngal46 wrote:
talisman018 wrote:

This game should have been right up my alley - I'm a huge fan of farming games, and tribe sim games, but I agree with Talisman. This game was really bad. The graphics were bad, the release was buggy, the gameplay was boring. This game was a flop, and was not worth the hour I wasted playing the demo.

Very boring, very linear. You can't even pick where the buildings go! It's like they took Virtual Villagers, and Artists Colony and got rid of all the interesting/fun mechanics. When they were done, only the most tedious, boring tasks remain.

My other huge problem with the game is that it doesn't run in real time. it automatically pauses when you go off screen, which is a huge pain because a lot of times I found myself waiting for 20 minutes to complete a quest. I didn't have anything active to do, just wait, and that meant I couldn't do ANYTHING else on my computer. Lame.

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Oct 28, 10 7:21 PM
Does this game have an ending? I am finished with all the tasks, bought n built everything, found all collectibles, etc. Everything is done! But that's it? No, "hey good job on finishing the game feel free to continue running the island but you won't have any real reason to, so you can delete the game now instead of continuing to come back and checking if new tasks have magically popped up but thanks for playing,,,"

finished game...don't bother.

[Post New]by readingwithrj on Oct 29, 10 5:50 PM
I thought this game was going to be a wonderful blend of two of my favorite games. I was wrong, I thought the demo and the big pop up blocks and the step by step play was a tutorial..I was wrong. once you bake 5 cakes, there is more pop up conversation and then a block comes up and says you have completed the game, thanks for playing and watch for farm tribe 2. are you kidding me? this game was a huge disappointment. I regret spending money on actually buying it. oh, and after you finish the cakes, you just need to go drop a worker on the last totem, and that's it...it's over. it's like a really bad preview. I kept waiting for the game to start!! don't waste your time, it doesn't get better. how sad, it was a good idea.

sassy1113
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sassy1113 on Nov 1, 10 2:11 PM
Cute game that could be much better. After you build everything, your workers are so busy that there is no time for the beach or anything else. Having to keep emptying the storage gets old fast. And for anyones information, the chickens should be chasing the bugs not you. Did enjoy the game but I think that it can be much better. Looking forward to Farm Tribe II hope that there are some improvements.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Question

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 1, 10 10:14 PM
Question: is this more like My Tribe or more like the Villager series?

[Post New]by mommachan on Nov 10, 10 9:37 PM
Just finished Farm Tribe. It took me a while to understand how to play the game. Needs better instructions. I would have quit except for finding the forum to help me. Thank you forum members!!!

[Post New]by majorcapslock on Nov 12, 10 5:15 AM
Here's my review of the game

Pros

Everything is easy to understand and you won't enjoy the game until you get somewhat far into it.

The game isn't a massive file and doesn't hog a lot of resources when playing it.

Setting up the game is relatively easy to do. Just install, input your name, and you're ready to go.

It's not real-time which means you won't wake up to find everything destroyed or your villagers demolished.

Cons

You don't get the choice to customize your villagers, re-arrange where you want everything to go, or anything.

You'll find that once you're half way into the game, you won't have anything to spend your Tech Points or Money one.

You'll find that once you complete the game, there's nothing to do but continue to do the same thing over and over again.

Finding the collectibles, puzzles, and even getting the Books and Buildings are relatively easy to do and only takes a couple of hours to get everything you'll need.

The ending of the game leaves you with nothing to do whatsoever. You can't increase your village size, there isn't anything to collect or piece together. Your villager's skills are maxed out and everything as well.

My personal positives

I'm a person who enjoys playing "God" in these type of games. I've been playing these games for a long time now and I love them. In the beginning of the game, I was excited that I was going to play it. I loved solving the puzzles and finding collectibles and building stuff. There's lack of content in the game and once you've completed the game, you uninstall it and leave it at that.

Why? Because if you play the game, you'll just end up where you are again. With everything completed. So if you're looking for a game that you want to past time in, this game is for you. But if you want a game that's challenging and engaging, this game isn't for you. You'll find at the very end of the game, very bored and with nothing to do other then bake and find the rest of whatever collectibles you still need. You'll spend money on nothing and you'll spend tech points on nothing either.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 9, 11 3:26 PM
Farm Tribe (Build-a-tribe/strategy) - based on 30 minute demo

Main Menu Options include separate sliders for music and sound, full-screen, custom cursor and high details. In-game the Info button will bring up a game-basics Help screen.

Pause the game by clicking on the Menu button.

There is some bad grammar, etc, but since the main thrust is gameplay, it's not a big issue.

At first glance, this game reminds me of my favorite game of this type, Gemini Lost. The game mechanics are similar, and the sound effects reminiscent, as well.

Drag and drop characters to assign projects, such a building, fishing, gathering mushrooms, etc. You can also drag and drop them to help them complete tasks faster. Once assigned a job, your worker will continue with that task until you give a new one.

There are objectives to meet, and some of them are timed. Completing them in "time" means more pay, but you can still do the tasks in whatever time frame you prefer. You also have buildings, ingredients and technology to buy, items to cook and/or sell, etc.

Buying items places them in a predesignated space in your "village", so you don't have to worry about spacing things out perfectly - the game does it for you.

Each character has their own likes/dislikes, and will work a bit faster if doing something they like. You also have to keep them fed, happy and healthy. You won't find out how to do these things until their gauges get low, but you'll be busy learning other things in the meantime (the basics of the game).

There is no overview map of the tribe area or the characters - you have to either go find them or move through your character list to find them.

There is no managing of love lives - your characters do not fall in love or reproduce. You do however have to keep them happy, and doing so means having them socialize with other workers.

I think that those that like the build-a-tribe games will enjoy this game

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 3:27:41 PM PST

trifle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by trifle on May 3, 11 9:21 AM
I loved it, It was just simple enough that I wasn't frustrated trying to figure out what to do or how to do it. While I really like VV and have all of them I find myself often frustrated by them.

This was more structured and the tasks quite clear cut.

I didn't mind the graphics though trying to get the little blighters moved into just the right position to pick something up was a little grr.

The only thing I looked up in a walkthrough was where 3 of the collectibles were, I just could not find them.

Am waiting on Farm Tribe 2

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on May 10, 11 10:14 AM
gimmegames wrote:Most of the download sim games I've played so far, I ended up killing off the inhabitants, and that's depressing - the most recent bone pile being in Wild Tribe. I've only played Wandering Willows since then, which is safe in that regard.

Can all you wonderful fishies please suggest what games I should play *first*, to learn how to be able to play these games and enjoy them, rather than just create huge cemeteries?

(My first experience with massive sim cemeteries was with the Creatures 2 game when it first came out on CD. It was flawed so that the creatures were going insane and committing suicide! You'd save them from drowning, and they'd jump right back in again! Show them food when they're hungry and they starved rather than eat it. Many downloaded patches followed, but it was horrible for people who bought the game to play with their young kids - really a mess. Every pet had a tombstone in the cemetery and it got depressing real quick. Players resorted to "wolfing" - hatching lots of creatures and letting them fend for themselves for a time, then only playing the survivors of that...)

Probably the safest games of this type to learn with would be The Island: Castaway and Settlement: Colossus. Also Little Folk Of Faery,which is on my wish list,as is this one,Virtual Families and Wonderburg.

Edited on 05/10/2011 at 10:34:39 AM PST

pooch7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pooch7 on May 31, 11 4:24 AM
BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fineshed it in a few hours! Annoyed i bought it!!!!!!

Go to: