lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses forum

[Post New]by lwoodard on Feb 26, 09 8:27 AM
this was my first nancy drew and it was ok I don't like games where you don't know what to do 4

[Post New]by demolynn on Apr 19, 09 1:55 PM
Hi All

Wonder if anyone can help, I would really love to play more games like this, I'm absoloutley rubbish on the ordinary sleuth games but I really loved this one and with a little bit of hard thinking I have managed to complete it!!

Thanks to all this is a great site.

demolynn

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 21, 09 7:41 AM
Nancy Drew Dossier: is a new series. Keep an eye out for the next one on BFG.
You could always send a (green envelope) email to ask when they're going to get it.

[Post New]by lizzytish on Jun 17, 09 2:02 PM
i am on the dock and i cant get what to do with the fish loaded slingshot.or to find the key or what to use the wrench on help if you can please.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 17, 09 5:13 PM
I like this game, my first Nancy Drew game, but I am completely stuck at the crows scene. I have tried and tried and the d.....timer beats me every time. This was supposed to be a no-timer game! I feel cheated and upset, but will keep trying. What I won't do, for sure, is buy another Nancy Drew game. No more surprises for me on this series.

pita2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by pita2 on Jun 26, 09 3:33 PM
Hi Charlie here. I am trying to get to the docks. I am over by the car, not only because it took me there I guessed that perhaps they were going to make me drive the car through the wall. No I am at the garage, have found the car, but when I click on the car to fix it, my blue bar where the hand is, won't light up so I can get my hand. Nothing else is sparkeling so I assume that's what I am supposed to be doing.........any suggestions?

[Post New]by wolfmama on Jan 13, 10 9:48 PM
What is with the snakes? I have sent 2 1/2 hours catching them and I still don't have all of them. I've lost count of how many I have rounded up. The number in the lower right hand corner will go down to 3, but than it is right back up to 5. It stays 5 most of the time. What do I need to do to get past them?

[Post New]by dstiffy69 on Sep 19, 10 10:23 AM
I can't downlow this on to my computer and I like this game

coolkrunch
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by coolkrunch on Oct 24, 10 1:13 PM
dcairns wrote:This is just my humble opinion, but while I enjoyed playing this game it was relatively easy and too short. I finished it within a few hours and was surprised it was over!

I love all the Nancy Drew games but this one was a bit too short for me. I know they are from different companies and I did think it was fun, just would have like it to last longer.

I'm sure glad somebody found it easy. I did not. And after I got all the way through, the last thing you have to do is a blasting game? Come on! That one I couldn't do no matter what and there is no skip. After a thoroughly enjoyable game, I ended up throwing it in the trash. After repeated tries to blast, I thought, why am I wasting my time anymore.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 1:16:11 PM PST

JAFSLG1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JAFSLG1 on Mar 24, 11 4:43 PM
Agreed, this was my first and last Nancy Drew. Looking for more like Syberia 1 and 2.
Some real good adventure where you have to use your brain, and not a quick-clicking finger on the mouse; and excellent graphics. Anyone have suggestions?

[Post New]by NYRANGERFAN3 on Apr 14, 11 12:25 PM
azjmarie wrote:Can anyone help me out here? Up to this point, I've breezed through the game. Now I'm stuck at the Haja Naje hieroglyphics puzzle. I've clicked on everything. I can only get one letter to appear on the line, a letter "E". What the heck am I suppose to do here? Thanks in advance.

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by tuskel on Aug 27, 11 1:51 AM
dcairns wrote:I know they are from different companies and I did think it was fun, just would have like it to last longer.

No, they are both from Her Interactive, it's just a different series. But Lani Minella is still Nancy in both series! I love it.

Dossier games are relatively short, yes, but I think they are quite clever, not your usual HOGs. You still have to use your brain to figure out how all the items go together. And then there are loads of minigames! I have played both of them, and must say that I did enjoy them a lot. They are definitely more lighter games, but it doesn't make them worse, just simpler, for if you want to have a rest.

LCC is quite good, but I must say I did like RED better. And I cannot wait for SOS! I have heard rumours they have decided to still make it, even thought it was cancelled last year.

tuskel,
sincerely

fbix5
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fbix5 on Aug 31, 11 9:19 AM
i'm stuck very early! I can't find a tool to fix the electrical system to get the cat off the big sign. Can anyone tell me what to do? It also freezes so I can't go back to look for a tool or forward until i complete this task.

[Post New]by ekkhc2003 on Sep 9, 11 8:36 PM
NYRANGERFAN3 wrote:
azjmarie wrote:Can anyone help me out here? Up to this point, I've breezed through the game. Now I'm stuck at the Haja Naje hieroglyphics puzzle. I've clicked on everything. I can only get one letter to appear on the line, a letter "E". What the heck am I suppose to do here? Thanks in advance.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Nov 29, 11 8:43 PM
Not like the usual Nancy Drew fair, & with all the negative reviews in this forum, I thought I wouldn't like this game, but decided to give it a go, & I am glad I did.

This is more like a hidden object game, rather than the usual Nancy Drew adventure game, however, it is not a typical hidden object game either, you need to match items rather than finding a list of things or fragments. The game is light hearted & fun, with nice visuals, & fairly linear game-play. As mentioned, some of the timed mini-puzzles are challenging, but for the most part the puzzles are not hard

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 4, 12 1:06 PM
Great game, lot's of fun!-----------------doug

Go to: