Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted Lands: Shadow Town

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Nov 4, 10 3:40 PM
I felt this game was only okay. Not great but not bad. I was a little confused because some HOG scenes were replayed 3 or 4 times while others just twice.
The hint system in this game was awesome. You could use it for directions and for finding objects.
You can pick between easy mode and expert (i believe that is the wording). I started out with the harder one with no sparkles then switched to the easy mode, and finally back to the expert. There was no need for me to make a new profile to do this. I enjoyed this because sometimes expert is too hard or the slow hint refills annoy me.
There is a lot of back and forth in this game. If you don't like that then you might want to stay away.
Even though the story line was kind of weird and made no sense even once the game is finished I would say this game is at least worth trying out.

edit: I just wanted to add that I thought there could be more mini games in the game.

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 4:32:32 PM PST

AmyGirl14
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by AmyGirl14 on Nov 4, 10 6:10 PM
Did anyone have item left over in inventory?

[Post New]by cleokelani on Nov 4, 10 10:24 PM
Hello there
It is a good game here ...I am sure that all fishies who like the long and nice game playing will say - YES !!!And YES - it is a great one here dudes...you will have a lot of interesting storie,wonderful grafics and an adventure time ...enjoy it and remeber- It is a good one I can say a great one games here...I recomend it...you will trully enjoy your money worth ...
Happy gaming all of you
Emma

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Nov 5, 10 2:29 PM
I liked this game a lot. The HOGs were good...a few difficult things to find, but all were correctly labeled. (I like it when bat/bat and fan/fan, etc. make it a little more challenging.) The mini puzzles were fun. They run the gamet of totally easy to requiring a lot more thought. The scenery was nice...good variety of "locations"; music wasn't too irritating. Some have said they didn't like the end. Well, for me "the play's the THING." Also, I like it when a game takes me into (at least) the second day of playing. This one fit the bill. (Oh, yes, and all the cat eyes looking out at me from all sorts of places. FUN.) A DEFINITE RECOMMENDATION!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Nov 5, 10 11:40 PM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER ALERT

I have to say that I worked sooo hard to save everyone and I forgot the oxygen and couldn't find my mistake. I had some very amusing remarks from the game saying I had to hurry to save everyone when I was rushing around trying to figure out what I had forgotten. And finally realized what I had done and sheeeesh what an ending! I guess I really get involved in these games. Gotta watch my heart cause I'm no kid anymore. But I did enjoy the game anyhow.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 7, 10 12:03 PM
I didn't care for this game, tried for 18 minutes and can't bring myself to play it longer. so its dumped. Was not engaged in game play from the start. I found the scenary so boring, which is a huge factor in not me liking the game, i want a game that helps life the mood not to depress me. I enjoy fun games ie like Snark busters which I brought (which I see Alawar is the same producers of this one). i am happy to try a variety of games as I did with this one, even I had brought the first game Dark Tales Edgar Allah Poe's Rogue Morgue, was made fun as engaging scenary and meeting different characters. i found myself just playing for the sake of playing, not because I enjoyed playing. So a no buy for me, i wouldn't even buy this on a Daily Deal.

[Post New]by asgard2000 on Nov 8, 10 4:28 AM
WOW!!! Best game I have played in a very long while. I highly recomend the game. It really kept me involved with the continuous search to locate the solutions. I felt as if I were playing a MCF game. Do it again!!!!

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 4:28:46 AM PST

[Post New]by toutitouti on Nov 8, 10 5:07 PM
Well, at the risk of appearing a complete idiot, I just finished this game and, well, I don't get the ending. I mean, what happened? Did he dream all this cause she killed him in the first place? And why did she kill him? I'm sooooooo confused.

whisperone
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by whisperone on Nov 9, 10 7:17 PM
The journal did not seem to go along with the game. symbols on stone never could get right. could have been a good game maybe it was just me. would not recommend this game.

[Post New]by cmgipper on Nov 13, 10 1:28 PM
There seems to be a glitch in my game. I am stuck at the crane and it will not let me return to the previous scene to retrieve the key that I need to open the door. Any suggestions???

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Nov 14, 10 8:47 AM
Good IHOG/Puzzle/Adventure game!

I agree with all the good comments already posted. Thanks BFG for the generous hint system that helps direct you through the fog without using up the hint.

Like someone else posted, I thought the game would end once I obtained all the snake statues, but not so. There is quite a bit of gameplay time for the money.

A little surprised at the ending, but I guess this leaves room for a possible sequel.

Stay hookt!

[Post New]by alihan6232 on Nov 16, 10 5:22 AM
POSSIBLE STORY SPOILER ALERT....

If you don't want to know the end of the story, do NOT read on... Then again, if you have finished the game and are as confused as I am...

I have just finished the game, which I quite enjoyed, but I don't get the end of the story... Did she kill him at the start and the rest is some strange death dream on his part or what?!?! Or did she kill him and he fell on some ancient altar that launched them both into some weird netherworld?!?! And if she killed him at the start, how/why did she kill him again at the end after he had rescued her??? Sorry to say that I just didn't get it and don't understand how a sequel could come out of it considering she pulled out her trusty knife again in the submersible...

If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it because I am seriously confused by the storyline in this game!!!

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Nov 18, 10 6:16 PM
Very good game...yet I 'm with those fishes who have no idea what happened at the end or...why. I don't think think there is any place for a sequel either but it's odd there was really no explanation at the end. Oh I also had items maybe 2 left at end.
Is the CE different?

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Nov 21, 10 6:08 PM
I really liked this game. It made you really think. It was interesting from beginning to end.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Nov 23, 10 5:45 PM
During my hour trial, I liked this game a lot so I bought it once it came out as the standard version.
This is one of the few games I ended up disliking. It was, in my opinion only, a tedious and boring game. Plus the ending confused me. I dont like that.
Uninstalled and glad I didnt buy the CE.

Edited on 11/23/2010 at 5:46:16 PM PST

Edith9
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by Edith9 on Nov 28, 10 8:43 AM
I really liked this game, graphic suits me and music is OK. Good puzzles, had to use hint button few times. Interesting story with some surprise in the end. I probably wouldn´t buy CE, but as a regular edition it´s quite enjoyable game.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Nov 28, 10 3:47 PM
Excuse me, but WTF???? Where in the whole game does it make mention that this dude has been cursed or is slowly turning into some amphibian? Here he goes out of his way to save her and the ungrateful b***ch ups and offs him!

Someone please 'splain this freakin' storyline.
Thanks.

Loren55
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Loren55 on Dec 4, 10 1:40 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!

Graphics were good, some of the scenes were dark and the objects difficult to see, and the storyline was good until the ending, which made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever:

They were on the boat, he showed her the statue he'd brought up from the ocean floor or whatever, and everything goes dark. We're lead to believe the boat washed up on shore, but at the end we find he was dumped overboard and *just happened* to wash up on shore right next to the boat? And evidently he's dead the whole time, and rotting? And then at the end she kills him again? Having conveniently carried the knife with her the whole time? Even if there is a sequel, the writers are going to have to work hard to make anything intelligent of that ending.

Then there was the information in the book in the house about the tree which caused a fog that killed small animals and even humans, and on the way the humans could experience hallucinations. So I spent a large part of my time wondering if the guy was hallucinating parts of the story . . . if he hallucinated the ending, *that* might perhaps make a little sense. Also, when he looked out the porthole on the ship he saw some dark foggy shape, which was never explained. Some of the graphics were nice but never used, like the moon through the telescope. I like all the loose ends tied up; all the things in the game should have a meaning or a purpose. Good writing in the beginning can make for a very good game in the end. Just my opinion . . . :-)

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Dec 8, 10 1:02 PM
I've just finished playing "Twisted Lands: Shadow Town" and must say.....the ending was a real surprise! No black screen like some other fishies, and I didn't have any other technical issues with the game. What I DID have was a lot of time lost in that danged fog! If it hadn't been for the Walk-thru, I never would have gotten through this game. Constantly going from one place to the other with no idea what I was supposed to do! The ledger book was a little bit of help, but not a whole lot. It just told you what was going on and what was on the agenda, but NOT how to accomplish it! Trial and error, especially in the crane trying to lower the hook on the dock area. Who would have guessed the sequence of things?? Maybe these types of games aren't for me. I don't know, but it sure seemed frustratingly difficult. However, I actually liked the game. Some things I caught on to fairly quickly, others......not so much. It was lengthy enough for me so I got my money's worth. Just posting my opinion, so maybe others don't agree. I'll give it out of five.
To someone elses comment, yes I did have a couple of items left over in inventory; a bracelet, a cigarette case and one more item that eludes me for the moment. I kind of wondered about those all through the game, but they never got used!

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 1:07:51 PM PST

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Dec 12, 10 9:56 PM
I'm so glad that I didn't waste my money on the collector's edition. The ending managed to be completely nonsensical, which means there is no point in even trying to understand ANYTHING that happens regarding the storyline. Absolutely nothing is ever explained regarding the town's population, so don't bother anticipating a big reveal at the end. If this is supposed to be the setup for a sequel, I'll pass. I've wasted enough hours.

Go to: