Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by witch57 on Nov 3, 10 2:08 AM
I am stuck at the church scene with the tiles. I have turned over the tiles and nothing happens. I have the disc but I can't get any further...please help..like game but do not want to start over. Thanks.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 3, 10 3:02 AM
Hi witch57,

Welcome to the pond!

The screenshot here illustrates which tiles need to be flipped over to reveal the altar.

If you need help solving the puzzle once the altar is revealed be sure to check the post here.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 4:54:43 AM PST

Why Keep Selling Game with These Corruptions?

[Post New]by freckles0062 on Nov 5, 10 9:52 AM
Friendly Advice for BFG. It would be nice if you stop selling the games with known corruptions until you get the problem fixed. It is very frustrating to customers to purchase the game, go through the nightmares of game malfunctions, uninstalling and reinstalling, tech support, reporting with attachments, then waiting for answers from Tech support.
Please, if there are so many complaints about a game. Fix it first, refund if necessary then sell a quality product.
Thank you

[Post New]by cleokelani on Nov 5, 10 8:36 PM
What a pitty I posted twice in the review and comments such of nice words of the game,I am stuck in the crane and no matter what the fishies say to escape ,I can not escape from there ,I mooved slow around and left side as well and arrow just dont get me go out ..that get my mood down and what else...I have to choose a different name to start all over and not get twice at the crane...I am not pleased at all fishies ...sorry ...

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Nov 6, 10 5:41 AM
Glitch in this game too. Game would not play all the way through like it was just a trial.( I puchased it ) Trial game played really great Reinstalled it but game was not saved. Now, I have to go all the way to the beginning with a new profile. This is the third game that has done this and I am getting very frustrated. oh, sorry make that two the third game has not been fixed yet!

Talked with chat but that was all I got - chat!

I do not want to go back to the beginning each time I purchase a great game only not to get to play through.

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 5:45:48 AM PST

[Post New]by bettyinmalta on Nov 11, 10 2:56 PM
game played fine until the part where the net goes over the snake,but it dropped off onto the floor and i cant pick it up.I have read all the forum issues but none help me.not even the help line .What do i do now suggestions, ive reloaded the game 5 times and still it does the same thing EVERY time.HELP or i chuck in this game and will ask for a refund
It appears a good game this Twisted Lands ,is it part of the game or what

[Post New]by s1dn3y on Nov 13, 10 8:33 PM
I saw someone else post this problem and it never got a reply, so I'm trying.

I downloaded the trial and got to the ZODIAC PUZZLE. I was in the middle of moving the tiles when my trial expired. I bought the game, went back, and now I can't move the tiles AT ALL. My cursor isn't stuck, as I can click through other scenes. I'm now stuck because I can't finish this puzzle. I think I'm sorry I wasted a game credit on this game without first reading how much trouble it has. It started out promising, too.

Help?

[Post New]by s1dn3y on Nov 13, 10 8:34 PM
bettyinmalta wrote:game played fine until the part where the net goes over the snake,but it dropped off onto the floor and i cant pick it up.I have read all the forum issues but none help me.not even the help line .What do i do now suggestions, ive reloaded the game 5 times and still it does the same thing EVERY time.HELP or i chuck in this game and will ask for a refund
It appears a good game this Twisted Lands ,is it part of the game or what

SPOILER ALERT (highlight with cursor to read)
| You need to place the net over the snake and then put the burlap sack from the food truck over it. |

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Nov 15, 10 1:26 PM
I am very disappointed in this game, like others I had issues with the last two cut scenes. I have no idea who the men in shrouds in the final temple scene were or how the game ended.

My computer doesn't need updating and I've already wasted enough time on a blah game. So, I'm not going to bother with the bonus material as I see others had cut-scene issues with that too.

I also thought the game itself wasn't up to BFG's collectors series standards. Initially, the excellent graphics and atmosphere (the spooky fog) were really good, but I kept waiting for connections which never came. Agatha Cristie once remarked that when writing a mystery you must "put the gun in the drawer" early so that the readers know it's there, then you can surprise them with twists.

The makers setup the town disappearances and then veered away to an uncompelling rescue plot . The town characters were just too obviously a sequel and not connected well enough to the main character or game in progress. Which meant that the game is pretty much a bunch red herrings strung together with two uninteresting main characters (Smoking?! Really?!) and an unsatisfying resolution. Maybe the last two cut scenes would have pulled the story together, but I'll never know.

A very disappointing game at any price, but unacceptable for $13.99.

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Walkthrough error

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Nov 16, 10 12:33 AM
Tech Support:
There is an error in the walkthrough that needs to be fixed.

*The scene is where we are in the crane and attempting to move the ramp into place.
*The instructions in the walkthrough reads:
right lever right once
left lever down once
press hook
Left lever up once
right lever to the right twice then up once
left lever down once
hook

Where it reads : "right lever to the right twice then up once"...should read..
"right lever to the LEFT twice then up once".
Thanks,
lovetoocraft

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 12:36:09 AM PST

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Nov 17, 10 1:34 PM
Hallo dear fishies. I've played the CE of this game. It run fine and I loved it. But I would not spend so much money. Now I am DL the "Normal" game. It takes hours to load. Now one hour by 30 percent. Oh man. I hope it will not stopp as I've read in this thread. Happy gaming (?)

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Nov 17, 10 5:15 PM
Everything works fine. No glitches. I hope so. Happy gaming

dbeland
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by dbeland on Nov 24, 10 7:40 AM
I cannot get back to the dock. No matter which way i go in the fog i can't get there.

[Post New]by Biglady72 on Jan 7, 11 7:00 AM
Shastanna wrote:I got stuck at the crane too, but I finally got out of it. I clicked on the hint button a few times to highlight the arrow, but it wouldn't let me click it. But at least I could see where it was supposed to be.

Then I moved my cursor all the way over to the left of the screen and slowly moved it to the right, along the same level as the arrow I had seen. Finally the arrow lit up and I was able to move out of that scene.

Hopefully that will work for you.

Here's my issue...I got all the way to the end and it refused to play the last scene. What a bummer. Then I played the bonus scene and got all the way to the end and it wouldn't play that last scene either.

I don't know if it's a video/compatibility issue with my computer playing that or what. I'm on Window 7.

Anyway...Sigh.

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town technical. Cant get the gangway to the boat? how do you get

[Post New]by Biglady72 on Jan 7, 11 7:03 AM
Shastanna wrote:I got stuck at the crane too, but I finally got out of it. I clicked on the hint button a few times to highlight the arrow, but it wouldn't let me click it. But at least I could see where it was supposed to be.

Then I moved my cursor all the way over to the left of the screen and slowly moved it to the right, along the same level as the arrow I had seen. Finally the arrow lit up and I was able to move out of that scene.

Hopefully that will work for you.

Here's my issue...I got all the way to the end and it refused to play the last scene. What a bummer. Then I played the bonus scene and got all the way to the end and it wouldn't play that last scene either.

I don't know if it's a video/compatibility issue with my computer playing that or what. I'm on Window 7.

Anyway...Sigh.

[Post New]by Fabian0o0 on Feb 26, 11 1:35 PM
calculady wrote:
LadyVampy wrote:I installed the trial and got as far as the zodiac puzzle before it ran out of time. I then bought the full version but when I restarted the game the zodiac puzzle isn't working properly; the tiles won't move where I can see empty spaces, just into random spaces. Is there any way I can overcome this without restarting or reinstalling?

same thing happened to me. how did you fix it?

Same problem on iPhone Version.
Any ideas or tips for complete this minigame?

I haven´t installed the trial version before.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 1:36:24 PM PST

[Post New]by Tenspar on Aug 2, 11 9:23 AM
Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me why I can't save my game on Shadow Town ?

Everytime I come back to the game I have to start from the beginning again and it's driving me mad !!!!!

Mary

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 2, 11 12:11 PM
Hey Tenspar,

Welcome to the pond! You might want to check to see if you have the proper rights on your computer as this can affect how a game saves. Here is a help article with more information:

Save Errors

If you'd like more help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps can definitely assist you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Brittany2011 on Aug 28, 11 11:28 AM
I'm playing the game and I am at the part where I've put the hose to the air pump and connected it to the submarine and also put the battery in it instead of the old one, but nothing happens it says there is still something wrong with the sub even after I've lowered it into the hatch and everything, and all I can do is walk around clicking on stuff without and thing working, my hint button doesn't work not at this point either.

Edited on 08/28/2011 at 11:28:59 AM PST

[Post New]by Bobdafish on Sep 20, 11 10:16 PM
I can only get one book. Went thru with different accounts and still did not work. Looked at the cheat to no avail. Anyone else with this prob?

Go to: