bonbon663
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery of the Earl

[Post New]by bonbon663 on Oct 24, 10 4:18 PM
I have to agree with a lot of other users. I found the game boring, cartoonish, and the music was awful. I found the hidden objects were not easy to spot, but, if you just clicked on something that didn't look quite right, it turned out to be something you were looking for.

I guess after playing the Phantom of the Opera, this game looked especially mundane. It's a pass for me.

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Oct 24, 10 8:34 PM
Not a buy for me -- too many problems. Black screens at the most inconvenient parts, game froze.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 24, 10 8:53 PM
This game is definitely NOT a buy. Objects are way too small and sometimes too fragmented.The music is ok. The graphics themselves aren't bad. And I have to agree, the game is somewhat boring.

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Oct 25, 10 7:58 AM
Demo'd for 30 minutes. The first "storyline" graphics were so beautiful, crisp and clear I thought "allright!!!!" it's gonna be a joy to play this game.

Then the scenes came and they were NOT crisp. I like iHOG/FROG and am in agreement with others who say the objects were either too easy or WAY too difficult.

I am with rainice in that I like to stay away from occult and supernatural things also. So, I was really excited to think we had another "positive" game as I call them. I thoroughly enjoyed Royal Trouble and Snark Busters but this game IS NOT in that caliber. Even I thought it was sappy -- and that is telling u something!!!

Maybe i'm cranky today but I found the fairy thoroughly annoying.

I even need to buy one more game this month for punch card fill up but it won't be this one.

Boring, sappy, just plain out no fun.

grace

kickenbass
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Excellent Game

[Post New]by kickenbass on Oct 25, 10 12:18 PM
Get your observation skills prepared for this one- it is a keeper. If you are like me, you don't want a HOG game that offers you the objects. I used a magnifying glass a couple of times and take my time. and you can, there is no time limit.

Enjoy the lovely graphics as you locate diamonds, they are very easy when you focus on what you are seeking.

A Very Fun Game, minis are different and doable.

Just one thing, I do not care for jigsaws of any sort, or putting pictures together, same ol'-

Happy Halloween,

Ms. Quinn

Rhowennah
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Rhowennah on Oct 25, 10 2:44 PM
Ugh... I demoed the entire hour and could not wait for it to finish.... this will be a no buy for me.... sorry guys..

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 25, 10 3:42 PM
I have betatested this game and liked it. My trial time was such a pleasure, I have highly enjoyed it. The graphic is really great, story is interesting, items are not hard to see in my opinion. I like especially, that the "programme" shows you the visible objects in the scene. Its a definete buy for me.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Oct 25, 10 10:25 PM
The graphics have to be topnotch for me to enjoy a frog and this isn't even close to good enough.

I didn't even make it through the tutorial. When the tutorial says "click on this" for part of the broom and you click but don't see it. Then, it says "click here" for another part of the broom and you have no idea what you are clicking on...it's a bad sign.

Plus, it kept fritzing in and out with the music and wasn't playing smoothly. Which is weird because just about every other game plays fine.

Not a keeper.

Gala_Day
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gala_Day on Oct 26, 10 7:51 AM
I was really looking forward to playing the demo on this one, indeed i left it till last ;-) but i have to say that this game is ridiculous. Trying to find objects that are tiny and the same colour as the background they're on is not my idea of fun. I'm talking to those marbles!

Edited on 10/26/2010 at 7:53:02 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 26, 10 8:35 AM
I do not like FROGs generally, but I thought I'd give this a go. The music is annoying, and the objects small and very difficult to see. Did not use up all the demo time before uninstalling. Not even close to being a game I would buy.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Oct 26, 10 11:21 AM
Sheesh... I'm on the fence with this one. I like the story, graphics and FHOG parts. The music was ok but quickly got monotonous. Personally, supernatural games are my favorite. But... it frustrates me when objects are so tiny or so well hidden that I have to use hints to get through the game. That one thing keeps me from saying yes to buying the game. This one goes on my maybe list.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 26, 10 5:00 PM
Get a grip, people! It's a GAME!

Yes, the story is a bit sappy, but a person can tell that from the promo. No point complaining after you've bought it! Yes, the diamonds are hard to find, but they aren't needed for the puzzles and really, how many people (besides kids) use screen savers from games? Sure, some of the objects are small, but that's what "Help" is for.

Personally I didn't have much trouble finding stuff. It was a nice game, not too challenging but with interesting puzzles. Perfectly for when you don't want to be thinking too hard but do want to give the old brain a gentle workout.

[Post New]by bloomumom on Oct 26, 10 5:19 PM
I definitely will NOT buy this game. It took more time "loading" scenes than I had actually playing the game. I just couldn't get into it.

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Oct 26, 10 5:54 PM
This just wasn't a very "Hold your interest" game, played about 5 or 6 minutes, thats about all I can take, Its a NO BUY for me!

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Oct 27, 10 10:21 AM
The game is not that bad, really. It's more for younger ages, though.

The graphics are clear and bright, so that's a plus. The gameplay is just too simple for me, simple clicking and finding parts of things without any really good animations/interactions and figuring anything out.

I was bored with it quickly but younger ages who like a romantic cartoonish storyline and learning how to find objects, this would be a fun game for them.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Oct 27, 10 3:54 PM
This game was trying to be a good IHOG but imho kind of failed. Music is very repetitive & characters in scenes were very wooden. Sometimes had to click on items several times to pick up. Hints kind of slow & not real helpful, ie: "Use something in your inventory" Most games the interactive object makes sense-but how would I know to put the whip by the base of the chair? Hints REALLY slow on the puzzles too--finally gave up on the "turn the lights off " Good effort, but not a buy for me.

loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by loveelvis on Oct 28, 10 11:03 AM
Well I think I played for 20mns, most of time waiting for the hint button to recharge, clicking on it but the little fairy even didn't want to say me what to do....
Boring game
Never be a buy for me, even though it was falling to a 3,99 game.
Tome, it will be very soon...

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 29, 10 11:31 AM
The Duke of Earl will be a no buy for me.

With so many HOGs / iHOGs / jHOGs / aHOGs etc being published, I want to wait till something unusual - spectacular - comes along.

Maybe something between Buzby Berkley and the Ten Commandments...

I wonder how long I'll have to wait for the next game of the year?

Picky in Alaska.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 30, 10 11:31 AM
I bought this game outright yesterday without even demo'ing as I am a sucker for the beautiful scenes in the game. I actually really liked the game. I did have to use the hints more often than I would like in the prince's chamber but other than that, I was finding most objects fairly easily. I did not experience difficulty in finding the diamonds that others spoke of. I found the scenes to be quite pretty and even though the story is a little sappy, it kept my attention. I was thankful to not spend the whole game searching for keys & rungs to make ladders and appreciated that there was variety in the pieces I did have to locate. This game is more of a FROG than HOG, but I still found it enjoyable. One thing I did notice, particularly with the fragmented pieces, is that sometimes you had to click them more than once before the game would respond. The hint timer seemed to recharge quickly enough for me. The mini games weren't groundbreaking but weren't run of the mill either. I consider it a game credit well spent and I would rate this game 3.5 stars.

zoogal
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by zoogal on Oct 30, 10 3:23 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for all the thorough reviews you guys have saved me so much time and money when deciding which game I want to buy.

Go to: