Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Letters from Nowhere

[Post New]by Emory_Carroll on Oct 31, 10 10:31 PM
Ultimately, I was extremely disappointed with this game, because of the way it ended. The kidnapped husband was still kidnapped, and I guess his wife had no job, because she doing all the investigating. The police were not even anywhere in the picture.

I know that many game companies want to end their stories with a 'to be continued' ending, in case the game becomes popular, but you still need SOME semi-fulfilling conclusion, and this game did not have it. AT all!

DON"T BUY THIS GAME! A free hour's gameplay cannot give any clue as to how the game will end. . .or not end. Maybe the gamesmakers ought to look at other sucessful gamesmakers to see how THEY both end the story, and leave a little teaser, too.

I certainly won't be buying the sequel, even if there is one!

yblxkm
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by yblxkm on Nov 1, 10 2:32 PM
Not one of the better games, I actually bought it and now am SORRY! Graphics way too contorted or small. A huge disappointment!!! Decent games are very far and few between lately. Resond time when clicking on itmes SLOW also.

[Post New]by klausdorfdort on Nov 5, 10 7:36 AM
I enjoyed playing this game and I have to disagree with the above posts. There IS a story in the game but it’s not straight as many people used to see but it’s more complicated with a by-plot. A woman who is searching for her boyfriend, who has gone missing. And a lost soul of a postman, killed by his girlfriend. I think the sequel will clear everything up. In comparison with many other hogs this game has well done graphics and the game quality is great. Many times the names on the list are descriptions rather than just names - which is good, it adds an extra bit of challenge. Enjoyable game, I would recommend it.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Nov 5, 10 5:23 PM
enjoyed the game but was very disappointed with the ending..

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Nov 5, 10 8:56 PM
EEK - am I late on my review. Guess I downloaded so many bummers all at the same time, and have finally gotten around to this trial. Let me say first, I bought it. I am not a big HOg fan at all. Even tho this one has a teeny bit of adventure to it and some (very few) IHOg's in it. There is something about this game that grabbed me. The story is good, yet weird. I still don't know what it's all about - which keeps my interest. I like games (like The Great Gatsby - very underrated) that have hidden objects to find in every scene, but not on the list. In this case "stamps" which give you the points so you can buy other things that may or may not help you find the objects on your list. The whole concept of keeping score and the ability to buy objects that help you is very unusual. I'm not paying too cose attention to my score. Before I came to read these comments, I did not know you were penalized for mis-clicks and hints. But have been doing pretty good so far.

The hidden objects themselves are very difficult to find. I wouldn't say they were junkpiles, just very well hidden, sometimes behind things or color on color objects. It's the @#%&# stamps that are the hardest to find for me - so normal looking, but certainly not looking like stamps.

It is a complicated HOg, to say the least. Letters found in every scene - from who I still don't know - direct you to find your husband. Who this mysterious letter writter is or why the husband was taken in the first place is still the big mystery.

There's nothing "flat" about this game, as birds clean themselves, cats wag their tails, wind blows leaves around, and critters run across the screen. The scenes are crisp - no fog here (so far), the music is repetitive so I just mute that and keep the sounds on. Custom cursor is fine. The whole game seems to work on any screen type using the options provided. I'm quite enjoying it, and can't wait to get back to it - been waiting all day. Hope you find this as intriguing as I did. to all. cg

d3isme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by d3isme on Nov 6, 10 10:39 AM
I bought this game during the 'Pumpkin sale' based on my other games by this developer.

It is not as rich a game as Golden Trails; but the design is gorgeous - I love the animation in the scenes. I like having the stamps to seek out, and the extra unlocked gameplay is something I enjoyed with Golden Trails as well. Letters is more of a straight **** than even Golden Trails was however - the story is just there to support the searching, so if that's your bent you may want to skip this one.

I appreciated that the voice over was on a different track than the music and could be turned off. Not any real issue with the acting, I just dislike having someone say exactly what is printed in the text, which is my preferred way of getting the information. I liked the choice of music.

The clarity of the scenes is great. I didn't find I needed the hints very often, and half the time I did it was due to my lack of attention. Also, I didn't use any of the extra 'toys' this time round, so I'll probably play again to try that feature out.

Just a heads up, this isn't a game for sensitive kids. It was the deaths that prompted that opinion and not the other references which I thought were rather funny (after all, you have to know what Playboy is to get the Playtoy reference - and I thought it rather supported the story - these are not your helpful, respectful police, are they?). But I'll admit I'm more taken aback by violence than legal human behaviours; and more offended by censorship than by game references. YMMV.

Overall I thought this was a good game. I prefer more i to my HOG, but some work nights just looking & clicking is all I'm good for and this hit the spot. I'm not anticipating the sequel, but am confident I will buy it. This was good fun for some late fall evenings.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Nov 6, 10 5:59 PM
I agree with EMORY_CARROLL. This game was a big dissapointment. I will not be buying the sequel either. Why would I want to waste my time on another game, when who knows how the sequel will end. Maybe it will be just another continuation.

noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by noahnana on Nov 6, 10 8:18 PM
Played the demo, better than some, nothing terribly new here. Maybe I've just played too many but this seems a little familiar. There are a lot of return trips to scenes that have already been played, The voiceover isn't too annoying, but really, if your husband is missing are you really going to stop and clean the basement or the garage??? I don't think so.

Pretty basic HOG, a few mini-games but they nothing ground-breaking. Fun for an hour but I don't think I'll buy.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Nov 7, 10 8:53 PM
Finished this game - and had fun playing it. If there's going to be a sequel, it better be next week. I won't spoil the game for others that liked it as I did.

cg

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Nov 10, 10 1:16 PM
i have tried to download the first time offered....nothing...uninstall...tried again...uninstall...well i spent up 40 min of demo time...have not heard if this was fixed....yes my puter is fine, yes i have contacted cs, yes i have demo/purchase(with fins crossed) other games no problem....and when i write any posts any game forum (there is quite a few) in the last six months...WOW...only got one PM...darn that person was just have the same problems as i with games....no answer to help...but those who have had the privilege to play sounds interesting...i am a HOG...only do TM and M3 for a quick break...thx for letting me rant...am not a happy camper...but maybe camping in the wrong place...lmao

[Post New]by slimthing on Nov 19, 10 8:55 PM
Meh. Not great. Ordinary HOG. Horrible storyline pushing the standard occult misinformation bull. Had a promising beginning, but I wish I hadn't bought it. No real satisfying ending, to be continued....I'm not at all tempted to buy the sequel.

blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Dec 30, 10 4:28 AM
My wife wanted this after playing the demo,she has not finished yet.My opinion is this game is a waste of time,there are many more hidden object games with better stories and more intuitive to play.My rating 1/10.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jan 4, 11 12:25 PM
This game is a straight HOG, well sometimes they throw at you some very easy puzzles and sometimes you have to combine two pieces on an item to complete the object. Well I really did love the graphics, they were very clear, I didn't have to squint my eyes to find the objects. Another thing that I liked is that it haves a trophy room, so that means I have more play hours to find complete that trophy room so it's a plus to me .

The story-line is pretty great I really did enjoy it, and it kept me through the whole game wondering what was going to happen next. I just read in the Beta Test Thread that there's going to be a sequel and that is in beta testing.. so im looking much forward to that.

It's a buy for me and it's a very good game.

I give it a 3.6 out of 5 .

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Mar 1, 11 12:21 PM
I found the game somewhat difficult because of the dark graphics in most every scene. Finding stamps and HOs only created unnecessary eyestrain. I had to click around way too much just to see if I could land on a hidden object. I never could understand the benefit of using the jack-in-the-box, etc. I only understood the purpose of the thermometer. A tutorial would have helped.

The minigames were typical, nothing particularly creative. I was disappointed that the story ended so abruptly. The objective of the whole adventure was never realized. This left me hanging as well as disappointed. If there is a sequel, I'll pass on it.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 6, 11 5:40 AM
I didn't care much for the game when I first tried it, but I was looking for another game and decided to go back and look at this again. Decided maybe I was wrong, so it is a purchase for me after all. Nice soothing music and pretty much a straight HOG.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Mar 11, 11 11:22 PM
I love love LOVE this game. The music, atmosphere and story are nice. The graphics are phenomenal. Definitely worth the credit.

[Post New]by FLAMEonfire on Mar 22, 11 10:00 AM
This is a "Playrix" game. The same maker of Gardenscapes and the Fishdom games.Big Fish lists their games as "kid's" games - But I find most of their games are clear, easy to use and have good instructions that don't leave you hanging out in the middle of no-where with nothing to do but suck on your thumb 'cause you don't know what to do next! I haven't played that many HOG games because the ones I have tried I had found too difficult for me to go anywhere in them. I hate getting involved in a game and then go through a couple of areas into it and getting stuck somewhere with no directions, no hints that help, and no way I can find to go anywhere - but backwards! That makes me feel stupid - and that's not what I want when I play games - I can feel that way while trying to do something important! lol...

I played [i]"The wizard of Oz"
game -(great game) and found out that not all HOG were as scary to my Ego!

I started looking for the games by certain manufactures that know that not all the people that play their games are 18, 19 yr olds that seem to be more in depth with these games then I am (I'm 58). I used to like the " fine the picture within a picture books they had in the doctor's offices when I was a kid and that's what I thought the HOG games were.- NOT!
If I wanted to be in a Haunted town that acts like I was there in real life - I'd go there in real life! I'm looking for some fun - and this game gave it to me!

For me this is a BUY

tesloca
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tesloca on Apr 6, 11 5:26 PM
GOOD HOG...AM PLAYING IT BOUGHT IT RIGHT AWAY..THIS IS ONE I MAY PLAY AGAIN..DOESN'T HAVE ALL THAT GOING BACK N FORTH STUFF...VERY GOOD GAME

[Post New]by lilfarmtruck on Apr 21, 11 4:05 PM
I too liked this game. As others have said it is almost a straight HOG, with some diversions thrown in there and an interesting story line....

Kinda reminds me of the "Escape Whisper Valley" and Escape Rosecliff" but with a more in deapth story.

I didnt try this one till I saw the sequel was popular so I thought I would give this one a try...I played the demo all the way through so it did hold my attention. I'll probley buy it as well as "2" and play them in sequence.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 23, 11 10:26 PM
A very good Hidden Object Game. Nice to play in between adventure games.

Go to: