roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 30, 11 6:24 AM
I am so sorry I bought this game. The hints take at least two minutes to refill, and there is no walk-through. I have been playing for three hours and am stuck in the General Store. Searching the forums for help is really tedious due to the number of pages in this game's forums, and having to exit the game in order to search the forums. I bought it based on its popularity and recommendations. I could just slit my throat.

kollerkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kollerkat on Nov 3, 11 4:44 AM
kollerkat wrote:I like a good chalange, BUT... This game is beyond my ability. No clue help, no place to get helpfull help. Sorry I bought the dam game. I find most games fun and they fill up an old gals long day, this game has upset me. I'll be more careful what I purchase from now on. Shame on me for not trying it first and shame on you for selling the game. It is not what I expect from Big Fish.

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:13 AM
Love It! Keep up the good work Big Fish Games!

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Nov 14, 11 3:04 PM
AGAIN...NO WALK THROUGH FOR THIS GAME EITHER???
Most of it is great-playing & figuring things out, BUT, there are those FEW times where a little shove from a walk through would REALLY be Appreciated! (lol)

PLUS....Why are there no Instructions on how to play the puzzles?????

Edited on 11/15/2011 at 9:36:52 AM PST

[Post New]by DashGamesAddict on Nov 25, 11 5:18 AM
The morphing of objects is different but I'm liking the demo so far. But I can't afford to buy it straight away.

zzoeb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by zzoeb on Nov 25, 11 10:28 AM
can't play it on my stupid computer..................i wanna die

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Nov 28, 11 1:22 PM
DashGamesAddict wrote:The morphing of objects is different but I'm liking the demo so far. But I can't afford to buy it straight away.

Welcome to the pond godschild1955. Just an FYI you can find walkthroughs if you just google the name of the game. Hope that helps you as it is not a bad game.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Nov 28, 11 1:31 PM
kollerkat wrote:
kollerkat wrote:I like a good chalange, BUT... This game is beyond my ability. No clue help, no place to get helpfull help. Sorry I bought the dam game. I find most games fun and they fill up an old gals long day, this game has upset me. I'll be more careful what I purchase from now on. Shame on me for not trying it first and shame on you for selling the game. It is not what I expect from Big Fish.

Welcome to the pond kollerKat. Just an FYI you can find walkthroughs if you just google the name of the game. Hope that helps you as it is not a bad game.

[Post New]by pault50 on Dec 8, 11 11:57 AM
I have only played about 20 BF games but this is by far the best. Entertaining, fustrating, challenging - loved it.

[Post New]by sharra456 on Dec 10, 11 3:39 PM
This game is totally frustrating. I wish I had not paid for it. There is no walkthru to help. After spending forever on the clueless puzzles, I lose site of the story. There should be a hint or instructions on how to solve the puzzles. Why on earth can't the puzzles be skipped? If I had known so many puzzles could not be skipped, I would never have bought the game. The hint circle on HOS is so big that you still can't find the item. Some puzzles I solved, but had no idea how. Other puzzles I skipped, because I had no idea what they wanted you to do. The puzzles without a skip, that I could not solve, convinced me not to finish the game. No, I will not be spending further hours on youtube or the forum for clues.

Anyone want to tell me how the story ends? Please?

Edited on 12/10/2011 at 3:40:32 PM PST

LorraineC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LorraineC on Dec 13, 11 3:50 PM
First time I've actually posted something in the Big Fish Forums. I have purchased every one of the MCF games and have enjoyed playing each one until ReturnTo Ravenhearst. Disturbing![u] If I had to pick one word to describe this game it would be disturbing. I hated the rooms where I had to listen to children being spanked or crying. Dead baby parts in tubs???????? Are you serious! I buy MCF games without any preview because they were the best hidden object games. This game had Morphed items to find. If I wanted morphed items I would have looked for another game that wasn't labeled a MCF game. Because I purchased the collectors edition there were three hidden object screens, the rest of the 35 screens were morphed items. Thankfully the hint meter didn't take long to refill. I won't ever buy another without previewing it. Grant you, the graphics were great but the game stressed me out with all the children crying and screaming from abuse. Needless to say if I could rate this game I would give it a minus 10. I so wish I could get my money back.

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by narcisa21 on Dec 23, 11 1:10 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by narcisa21 on Dec 23, 11 1:32 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

b

I think this is one of the worse games I have bought ,I'm stuck on the scene of the waterwell and cannot go any further .

fgImbrium

[Post New]by narcisa21 on Dec 23, 11 1:35 AM
tazdaffy wrote:
kollerkat wrote:

Yes I feel the same
Narcisa21

Welcome to the pond kollerKat. Just an FYI you can find walkthroughs if you just google the name of the game. Hope that helps you as it is not a bad game.

[Post New]by delastella on Dec 23, 11 7:56 AM
This game is creepy and gross and AWESOME! (As usual.)
It's a bit difficult at times and I'm not sure how anyone can play without the guide or the walk through, but there is nothing more annoying than playing an easy game! I love the extra games like from the first and second MCF where you have to make things work to open doors. Like Return to Ravenhearst where you had to catch the butterflies and play the chess game. (hope you can figure out what I am talking about.) They're my favorite type of puzzle. I love Grandpa in the overalls and all of the characters. You must have a blast making these games! Lovin' it! MCF are my favorites.
Happy Holidays! Stella

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 3, 12 3:02 PM
I have not played this yet as saving it for when I can get into it. If its like the others mcfs I can't wait. This was a birthday present to me!

bellerook
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bellerook on Feb 8, 12 5:43 PM
I've been playing HO games for a couple of years. My problem is this: They have become more inclined to the dark side. Now we have one that actually contains a warning!!?? It's becoming hard for me to find a game that interests me. It's sort of a choice now between kiddy stuff and asylums, vampires, etc. I would like to see more on the order of the Dark Parables series, which really are not dark at all. There are others, but they're getting scarce on the ground. Of the recent batch, I would only play Shadow Wolf Mysteries and Drawn. Sad, because I used to have so many choices it was hard to control myself and not buy too many. I know the subjects and graphics I dislike must be popular. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many games of this type. But I do hope to see more light, gorgeous graphics and interesting story lines.

Firefox7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Firefox7 on Feb 13, 12 1:34 PM
LorraineC wrote: I hated the rooms where I had to listen to children being spanked or crying. Dead baby parts in tubs???????? the game stressed me out with all the children crying and screaming from abuse.

Umm..... with respect, are we playing the same game Lorraine? What dead baby parts? What screaming? I don't recall *anywhere* in the game where anything like 'spanking' or 'abuse' can be heard at all.... The "twins" do say things like "have you seen our Mummy?" and "It's dark here" but it is a ghost story after all!

I have no idea what dead babies you are referring to - to the best of my memory there is nothing like that!

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 28, 12 3:54 PM
MichaelMaiden25 wrote:Love It! Keep up the good work Big Fish Games!

Exactly, ditto!!

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 28, 12 3:57 PM
Awesome artwork, intriguing settings, good storyline; great puzzles...fantastic game!

Go to: