Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kricks on Nov 24, 12 3:34 PM
Missing potholder from inventory...have read of other people missing inventory...what is the problem and do I have to start again?

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by scarlettconfetti on Nov 26, 12 11:35 AM
iPhone issues with the stove and school basement puzzle. My door says 600 and I've set the temperature on the stove to the very highest temperature, but my potholder doesn't go away in the inventory and marching the pattern on the stove on the door does nothing. Have changed the picture of the queen and alternated the orientation of the pattern several times and no go.

Am I missing something that I have to do first or is this a fluke?

Thanks.

[Post New]by MCF_lover on Nov 26, 12 1:45 PM
CANT ZOOM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME

[Post New]by hebrho on Nov 26, 12 5:45 PM
The potholder is now missing from my inventory. Can I proceed without the furnace portion? I really would hate to have to start over this far into the game. I am playing on an iPad.

Edited on 11/26/2012 at 5:47:05 PM PST

Kaiaa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Kaiaa on Dec 24, 12 12:29 PM
Today my game deleted my save! I was almost done beating the game when I exited the game (through menu>menu>exit) like I always do when I leave my computer for more than a few minutes. When I decided to play it again I started it up like usual but this time Return to Ravenhearst played the full intro like it does when there is no save. At the end of the intro it prompted me to create a save even though I had one. Where did my save go? I was very upset Other than that, I have had no problems saving the game and exiting.

By the way, I play the Mac version.

Edited on 12/24/2012 at 12:30:21 PM PST

[Post New]by rainiershadow on Dec 29, 12 9:04 PM
I am playing on an iPad. I got the potholder everything going smoothly. Now when I want to use the potholder it is gone from my inventory. It was used for anything else so don't know where to go or what to do next. I read on the forum that it has happened to several others as well. Is there a fix for this? I am pretty far into the game and hate to uninstall and start over again; seems like a waste of time, especially if it happens again. Please help! This seems to be happening with other Big Fish games and I am getting disillusioned.

[Post New]by rainiershadow on Jan 1, 13 6:51 PM
I can't believe the potholder disappeared from my inventory! Now I see it is a common problem. This has got to be half way through the game and it's gone when I need it! Unbelievable that a solution has not been found for this. I love Big Fish games but this is becoming a theme now. I am very disappointed and wondering if they are getting too big and popular and suddenly making their games sloppy. Please don't disappoint me and make me find other games!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 5, 13 1:00 AM
To the folks with missing potholders! I have seen multiple posts about this as well, but no solutions. I think you'll have to get in touch with tech support. You can click on the green envelope to the right of these posts. When you get to the next page, look in the left column for "Still need Help? Contact us" and click on that to get to the report page. Fill out a report and send along a Dr. Felix (instructions should be included there). So sorry you're having this issue! Good luck!

[Post New]by Just8032 on Feb 3, 13 3:18 AM
Can you tell me if this is a tech issue please?

I am looking for the 10 hearts at the end. I enter the elevator and cannot get out. The back arrow option has gone and the elevator handle moves but the elevator stays where it is.

I'm not sure if this is a feature of the game or a bug?

Thanks

[Post New]by Tauhids83 on Mar 10, 13 12:53 PM
Can any one tell me how to solve the mcf rtr Mac quit unexpectedly error? It happened with the third sequence of the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the third sequence and it solved the issue but with this one no way Jose. Im starting to give up. Any feedback? Thanks

MAC version issue

[Post New]by allison_fite on Mar 11, 13 10:49 PM
I keep getting an error that the MAC version quit unexpectedly as it is trying to open.

KaterinaB
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by KaterinaB on Mar 17, 13 3:12 AM
Well after reading about the missing potholder and other problems, I won't be buying this!

There seems to be lots of issues with many BF games, isn't exactly inspire me to want to but their games. Why don't they fix these issues or is it a matter of once they have our money they don't care?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 17, 13 3:29 AM
KaterinaB wrote:Well after reading about the missing potholder and other problems, I won't be buying this!

There seems to be lots of issues with many BF games, isn't exactly inspire me to want to but their games. Why don't they fix these issues or is it a matter of once they have our money they don't care?
What platform? There are so many versions now.

[Post New]by nuveena on Mar 20, 13 2:52 AM
Running Win7 and just installed MCF: RtR. Trying to open said game results in a message box:

Director Player Error
Handler not found in object
#getPropRef
Scripte Error, Continue?
Y / N

I can hit Y til I'm blue in the face and it just repeatedly pops up with the same message box. Hitting N will shut the game down.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. This is all after playing the full version of Prime Suspects and the trial version of MCF: RtR.

Suggestions/Directions, please. I'm not too savvy...

Thanks

Edited on 03/20/2013 at 2:52:32 AM PST

[Post New]by Aarhus on Mar 22, 13 10:57 AM
nuveena, I am getting the exact same errors. . Every program on my computer is up to date, so that is not the issue. There needs to be a fix also for the small 7 inch window the game plays in. The last update did not do that.

[Post New]by Aarhus on Mar 22, 13 11:14 AM
Re: errors in W7.

There is an option in game manager where you can change to play as Administrator. I tried that, but every time I want to play a game, (I have quite a few) another window comes up asking if I want to okay BF making changes to my computer. That was too annoying, so went back to the way things were before in game manager.

I really like this game, but can't play it until another fix comes out.

Also, of all the games I purchased from BF (whom I am usually very happy with) this is the only one that I am having problems with and that plays in the small window. Tech Support tried to help me with the issue of the game playing in the small window with the result that all my games played in a mall window. So I went back to the way things were before so my other games played in full screen.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 22, 13 12:32 PM
This is a Windows 7 problem with Flash or Shockwave. RTR itself won't be changed.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 22, 13 2:47 PM
Hi nuveena and Aarhus,

That specific error, as Mr_Russ mentioned, usually has to do with a software program or video card that is not compatible with the game or needs to be updated. If you haven't tried already, you can take a look at our help article here that goes over how to update those:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that's not helping, then our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a closer look at that for you so you can get back to gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Aarhus on Mar 22, 13 10:35 PM
Thank you Mr Russ and bfgSeine. I have the lastest version of flash. I also looked at your help article and changed a few items in the Ravenhearst application file as suggested in the article. Now the game won't even load. I will try one more time to uninstall and reinstall the game.

[Post New]by Aarhus on Mar 24, 13 11:18 AM
I am now able to load RTR but it is through the projector, and as administrator. It still runs in the small window.

Go to: