siljk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void

[Post New]by siljk on Dec 10, 10 5:12 AM
Really enjoyed this game! Wonderfull graphics, good sounds and long game - it is important for me.

Will wait for another Mystery Trackers.

[Post New]by cheddarmelt on Dec 14, 10 8:14 PM
I cannot agree with the rave reviews on here. I didn't have a terrible time completing this game (4 hours, no hints or skips, so about par for the course there), but it wasn't so compelling that I couldn't walk away. Some of the games on BFG are downright addictive!

I was disappointed by the linearity. The trial hour seemed less linear than the rest of the game. I was hoping this would be one of those games that starts with just a few rooms available, and as the game progresses, more of the realm opens, and the puzzles require searching the whole available space for the next step. (Please make more of those!)

Overall, the game was heavy in the HOG mini-games, but the puzzle mini-games were unoriginal and not very challenging. High marks for the interface.

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on Dec 21, 10 5:56 AM
This was an amazing game! I haven't been this excited about a game in quite a while. I highly recommend this game. I really enjoyed that it was heavy on the hidden objects and not so much on the interactive aspect. If I have to run all over the place to find stuff to put somewhere else, I get bored. This was a perfect mix of my favorites.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 21, 10 6:13 AM
I thought the record player puzzle was very good.

wwbob
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by wwbob on Dec 25, 10 9:34 PM
Great game - not too hard and not too easy. Enjoyed all the HOG and puzzles. Good long game with hints if you need them. I have played alot of HOG games and this is one of the few I would rate an A+

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Dec 27, 10 4:29 PM
I had been waiting for the standard edition of this to come out in Mac format - FINALLY!!

Just played the trial and it's a definite buy for me. I say that because of the positive comments here in the forum about the game length. I always check the forums for this info before buying - I've learned my lesson!

I love all the hogs and mini-puzzles; during the trial there were a few minipuzzles that I absolutely couldn't figure out and couldn't find any clues to follow to a solution so I had to get a hint (or maybe I was just in a hurry to get further into the game during my one hour?).

Thanks for another great game!

You fishies are the best - you always have constructive and honest comments. Even though some of us out here may not be prolific posters, we do read and heed.

Happy New Year everyone!!

[Post New]by MariposaMorada on Dec 30, 10 12:35 AM
Bought this on a whim since it was a 'game of the year' and was extremely pleasantly surprised at how amazing it is! I didn't even read any reviews. Wowww, if only all HOG/adventure games were this long and had storylines like this. ;] But thanks for this game,

I was thinking the game was long because I refuse to use any hints or skip any puzzles, but the game is just long anyway. I've spent all afternoon on it and I'm still not done. So many awesome scenes and things to do... Haha, ok I'll stop rambling. I never review, but for this game I felt the need to do so.

Edited on 12/30/2010 at 12:37:37 AM PST

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Dec 30, 10 11:52 PM
Absolutely loved this game. Nice and lengthy. Played off and on for about a week. Wonderful game play with just he right amount of puzzles and HOScenes. Great storyline also.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jan 6, 11 1:38 PM
Really enjoying it could be a perfect 5 out of 5 if it had 1/2 the amount of **** Scenes really over does ****!!

[Post New]by DeezyMac on Jan 8, 11 3:44 PM
Loved this game just finished it! Great graphics and story line. I managed to get through it without using hint. Longer than most games, heaps of puzzles and hidden object rooms. Only thing I wonder is what happened to the monsters in the end!!!

bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bridlepath on Jan 9, 11 3:40 PM
Excellent game...a lot of fun and challenging too. The graphics are crisp and detailed, story interesting and the puzzles quite challenging holding my interest and attention. Well worth the investment. Hope this isn't just a fluke and we will be presented with more of these stimulating games!!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 12, 11 4:28 AM
This is a really great game that is a BLAST to play! Engaging story with an actual ending,smooth gameplay and the graphics,especially [u]the jaw-dropping surprises[/u ],which were great animated effects,will most certainly draw me back to replay,again and again! LOVED It,LOVED IT,LOVED IT! Plus easy to see hidden objects,I think it was only 2 times I needed a hint in the entire game.

Anyone know who the game developers were? I'd like to keep an eye on them.

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 4:34:35 AM PST

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on Jan 13, 11 3:00 AM
soblessed57 wrote: Anyone know who the game developers were? I'd like to keep an eye on them.

It's Elephant Games I suppose. You can watch the logo at the second screen at the beginning of the game.

[Post New]by SquareKitty on Jan 18, 11 12:20 AM
Great game, more please!

Beautiful graphics, cool story, interesting and different. Liked the added touch of the achievement awards, too.

I give it 5/5

quiltz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by quiltz on Jan 19, 11 3:05 PM
I guess it has all been said ..... but hey, I guess there is no such thing as too many compliments. This is a really super game!! There is lots of content .... meaning it didn't leave me saying,"Is that all there is?". The puzzles are varied and some types I'd never seen before. They were all doable, tho I did take a couple of hours on more than one. All in all, a very worthwhile and exceptional, fun game!!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jan 22, 11 8:25 PM
Thanks for all the reviews, after reading them I decided to take advantage of the Game of the Year sale prices and bought this one. Had a great time playing, loved the graphics, and the story line was intriquing. This was definitely a great purchase, and will be one of my favorite games.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 23, 11 10:48 AM
The grapihcs are wonderful. The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and minigames. The hint is rechargable/infinite and the minigames are skippable. The storyline is lovely and interesting.

This game is an A.

[Post New]by StudentOfTrinity on Jan 24, 11 4:25 PM
Yeah, this is a surprisingly good game. Quite a few of the minigames and puzzles are novel in some way, the hidden objects are sometimes a little bit tough but not outrageous, and the scenery is cool.

I think I enjoyed the story most of all. I read an online review that urged players to keep reading the in-game diary, and that was a great tip, because the story is really quite good, but you would never guess what was going on just by solving the puzzles and clicking through the game. The diary is well done and important, not just a hint repository.

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on Jan 24, 11 4:44 PM
I loved this game! The hidden object scenes and the puzzles were just the right difficulty level for me. I think I skipped 2 puzzles and got the highest "achievement". I used a few hints on the **** scenes so I didn't attain get the top award for them but I thought they were quite varied and interesting.

The story was interesting and sometimes amusing. What I liked most was that it kept moving forward. Sometimes I get tired of all the backtracking in these kinds of games. This one kept moving forward and the scenes that were revisited were still different in some way. Of all the games I've played I think I connected most to the story in this one - like I was really playing the character if that makes sense. Also, I did not have to leave the game for getting stuck which was nice. And it was LONG. Great game!

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jan 27, 11 8:04 PM
Fabulous game. I enjoyed this more than MCF13th Skull.

Go to: