Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void technical issues here only

[Post New]by talashea on Apr 28, 11 12:10 PM
yayy i figured it out thx anyways guys

[Post New]by ebfalcon on May 15, 11 9:58 PM
I bought this game but it keeps coming up with an access violatoin and will not load what do i do

[Post New]by elwifey on May 28, 11 10:38 AM
Wow! I get to the car in the garden with broken windows. I can't grab any broken shards of glass, so I'm stuck here.

I've reloaded, and nothing has changed.

Great game...but I need a solution.

[Post New]by Magsone on Jun 9, 11 12:02 PM
I can't solve the "coke machine" or start the trolley in the tunnel. HELP!!!
Also, is there a way to back out to an earlier puzzle I forgot to do?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 9, 11 12:20 PM
Hey Magsone,

Welcome to the pond! According to the walkthrough (you can click on this link or find it at the top of the Game Forum):

* Zoom into the center of the soda machine.

* Place the COIN in the coin slot and turn the handle.

* Take the BOTTLENECK (X ) that appears in the bottom slot.

* Click down and then right.

* Zoom into the pulley (Y) above the fridge; cut it 3 times with the BOTTLENECK to lower the gate and activate a Hidden Object Scene.

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 12:20:54 PM PST

[Post New]by RickySimmonz on Jun 14, 11 12:56 AM
Having an issue where the Valve for the manhole cover is missing entirely from the puzzle in the tree top nest (use the pruning clippers to climb the ladder, hidden item up top). Everything else is there, but the valve isn't. I looked online, and saw exactly where the valve is supposed to be, but it's not loading it into my puzzle. I went into the game's folders and found the hatch_key1_png, and the hatch_key1_inv_png, so the game has them, but it's not adding them to puzzle. I did 1 re-install and refuse to do another. That's like a car salesman telling you to drive around the block a couple times to make the engine rattling noise to go away!!

After browsing many threads for this game, I have seen ZERO links for patches, virtually NO support for actual game related bugs, and countless upon countless claims of people getting stuck, puzzles freezing, stuff disappearing, etc. What gives? I've read posts dating back to Oct of last year. Why aren't these issue being fixed??? Why is BFG providing sub-standard games that very clearly have not been quality tested before releasing to the public, and have known bugs & issues that are clearly being ignored?

Now Elephant Games has a brand new Mystery Trackers game that seems to be exhibiting the exact same kind of bugs as this one. Dynamite troubles? What a joke.

And for as nice as Void looks, I can't get over how glitch ridden it is and why these issues are being ignored.

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 1:03:49 AM PST

[Post New]by electroid on Jun 25, 11 12:50 PM
I agree with RickySimmonz. I've just played "Raincliff" without problems - great game. So I thought I'd go back and try "The Void" Now I'm stuck at the ladder in the basement. Me and loads of others ! I've started a new profile - same problem. I've updated Flashplayer and video drivers, and even re-installed the game. Zip.

Lots of bugs - NO solutions. Given how long this game has been out this just isn't good enough. I can't believe its anything wrong with my PC configuration because I played "Raincliff" with no problems. This is in fact the ONLY game that I've ever had a problem with. So unless BFG can come up with a solution, I'll be wanting a refund.

As it stands right now, for me its junk. Pity, 'cos I was enjoying it. Maybe the developers were too busy writing "Raincliff" to bother about fixing stuff they'd already released....

[Post New]by PsyLady on Jun 26, 11 11:00 AM
And yet i am stuck too in the cave in front of the 2 trolls i repaired the ladder but not action button to climb up....bug indeed...i cant continue and i buy this game what can i do?

[Post New]by electroid on Jun 27, 11 7:27 AM
Arrgh - struck by the dumb stick ! The "Stuck in Troll's cave" bug isn't a bug at all. For some reason my mind was stuck in gear (reverse, I think). You can get into a mindset where you're sure you know what must come next. You read about people who've got "stuck" here and you convince yourself that it must be a bug.

So if you're stuck here its most likely you've not done something you should have. If really desperate you could always consult a walkthrough.

Now I can look forward to the sequel to "Raincliff". The developers can at least get on with it without having to fix this particular non-existent bug.

Of course, this begs the question - how many other so called bugs aren't real at all ?

I'd like to know if the other people who have reported this "bug" actually manage to get past it. If you just feel dumb (like me) but keep quiet about it, it may give a false impression that the game is unreliable. I made a mistake. Would you own up ?

[Post New]by Mikki72 on Jul 16, 11 11:32 AM
Loving this game but having problems picking up the file with the gauntlet. I've tried everything and now can't move on. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by mishajax on Jul 16, 11 7:16 PM
iPad version won't let me into the subway train. Burned the chains and doors open slightly but I can't step into the car. Any thoughts?

[Post New]by bblakemom on Jul 18, 11 11:23 AM
This seems stupid, but I've played a mini puzzle and now can't get back to the rest of the game. It just clicks between the puzzle and where I found it. Help!

[Post New]by 0hi0newjersey on Jul 22, 11 1:03 PM
I got the key out of the glove box and opened the trunk. But when I click on an object in the HOG, nothing happens. The items will not move. I tried rebooting but that didn't help. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

[Post New]by macphile on Aug 1, 11 8:16 PM
I'm on the tile puzzle, and it seems to be stuck. No amount of tapping, dragging, or anything else does a thing. I backed out a few times and returned and still nothing.

Jaxsue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Jaxsue on Aug 2, 11 1:11 PM
macphile wrote:I'm on the tile puzzle, and it seems to be stuck. No amount of tapping, dragging, or anything else does a thing. I backed out a few times and returned and still nothing.

I'm having the same trouble. Nothing's working. What's going on?

[Post New]by marilynzyl on Aug 10, 11 7:19 PM
mishajax wrote:iPad version won't let me into the subway train. Burned the chains and doors open slightly but I can't step into the car. Any thoughts?

I'm also having this problem! Anyone feedback??????

[Post New]by marie1016 on Aug 16, 11 2:54 AM
I didn't read anyone with my problem. I found metal ball bearing in fireplace but it will not let back into the balcony to read diary. I'm not frozen, just can not enter. Like the rest of you I do not want to start over. I have the iPad version and have really enjoyed the game this far. Help!

[Post New]by Cuqui09 on Aug 21, 11 3:51 PM
Cannot find the instruction manual to operate the train. The paper that's supposed to be on the righhand side of the control panel or the conductor's desk (hint) is not there. Very frustrating! Will not be able to finish the game...and will have to request a credit....too bad! I was really enjoying the game.

bahrnone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bahrnone on Aug 27, 11 11:24 AM
Could not express my frustration any better. As many others have reported, I am stuck in a hidden object scene after locating all items. How do I get my money back?? Appears a fix will not be forthcoming at this late date.

Re:Mystery Trackers: The Void No Cassette Player in car Ch. 9

[Post New]by gwenniecats on Aug 28, 11 1:52 PM
Got almost through this game, which is GREAT BTW, when I got to the wrecked car to insert the cassette in the player, there was no player. I really don't want to start the whole game over.
Please help!!

Go to: