Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Nov 15, 10 11:37 PM
STD, FTD, STI, Potato, patato - tomato, tamato, lol. What shall we do.

I do not have too much to say as there were so many interesting and good reviews of this game. I always seem to come in on the end of this and do not want to bore anyone by being repetitive.

This is not for me. These are all the games that I do not enjoy. I am more into IHOGs
and RPG's. I do not enjoy picking items out of fuzzy or hazy pictures and, also do not enjoy STD, FTD, STI's lol. no buy for me this time.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 16, 10 12:54 AM
How about PWH for Puzzles We Hate?

Does anyone here love them, or only tolerate them if the rest of the game is worthwhile to play? I've passed up lots of games when they show up on walkthroughs. Do we take a vote or start a thread to BAN them?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 16, 10 1:18 AM
I quite like the "Spot the Difference" games - it´s those mini games where you have to add cogs that I can´t stand anymore.

Additional: Just noticed Puzzledone´s question... I also detest those mini games where constellations are involved (having to create constellations), or adding star signs somewhere, that sort of thing.

That said, I didn´t care for the previous games and don´t like this one either. Firstly, the graphics aren´t all that great and secondly, more importantly, the Hidden Objects scenes are real junk piles, IMO. And I hate searching for objects in cluttered rooms.

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 1:38:24 AM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Nov 16, 10 12:02 PM
This is a game with a variety of things to do, a good portion of objects that are not to hard to find,generous clues and no mis-click penalty as far as I could see. All of these are things that I like in a game and I did play the full hour. That being said, some how I found the game irritating. Maybe it was the theme, another grand daughter has to rescue Grandpa..honestly most elderly men are not as stupid as these games make them out to be, but I digress..,maybe it was the game within a game to find the chips which had the effect of taking your mind of what you were doing at the time or maybe it was the cynical tone in the game show hosts voice that to me came across as bad acting, but what ever it was, I'm in no hurry to explore this game any furthur.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Nov 16, 10 3:31 PM
good but wayyyyy too short. wasted credit

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Nov 16, 10 8:56 PM
I will not even bother downloading the trial for this game. I did purchase the original Hidden Objects Show and hated it. lol I don't even think I ever finished it. I think it was the host that irritated me. No buy for me.

[Post New]by Niall111 on Nov 17, 10 4:45 AM
indigo_ladybug wrote:good but wayyyyy too short. wasted credit

What about the extra play? Was it also short, or just no fun?

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Nov 17, 10 12:15 PM
Didn't like the first........ditto for this one. Spin the wheel......at their mercy to what you play......spin the wheel......play again............rinse and repeat.........lol. For those of you who did enjoy.......good for you. Waiting patiently for some good games to purchase. Oh and did I mention.......spin the wheel------------play at their mercy.........spin again..........well you get the idea

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 17, 10 5:06 PM
i will buy this when it is $2.99

[Post New]by budgiepoodle on Nov 17, 10 7:06 PM
Don't waste your money buying this game. There are too many bugs in it that have to be worked out.

[Post New]by talullah8 on Nov 19, 10 1:47 PM
I have had a lot of technical problems with this game - very slow to download, it freezes, the voice stutters..... It is also very difficult to close - took 15 minutes and froze up my computer. No thank you, not my idea of fun.

[Post New]by laurasimonuk on Nov 20, 10 3:25 AM
Well I love it!! I loved the last Hidden Object show which was two games in one. That one went on for EVER and I dont think I have ever got to the end! I like that I can just go in and play and I dont have to remember where I was because of the complicated inventory items. The graphics are a big hazy in places, but the winner for me is the different mode options. I like the find 10, puzzle, triplet, and silouette. the STD's drive me crazy though. I HATE them in any game.

For me, it was a refreshing change from all the iHOG's and really really enjoying it

I would highly recommend it for all HOG lovers, but professional iHOGers might find it a bit dull LOL

BTW its quite a short game. I have played it for two evenings maybe a couple of hours both nights and I am just working my way through the last 5 areas to save stupid Grandpa!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 20, 10 12:52 PM
Just like the original. In a word Yeccch. Not worth the credit

[Post New]by drehannah on Nov 21, 10 11:15 AM
Well I bought it and enjoyed it. My kids and I played for several hours and finished the game, which led you into the extended play section. We finished the extended play and when we got to 100% completed we were very excited to see the ending.

Unfortunately we had an error message about "Error with the Script" would you like to continue. If you choose Yes it takes you to the extended screen page. If you choose No it exits you out of the program.

Is there a fix for this? We are obviously disappointed!!! We wanted to see the bad guy go ballistic and Grandpa get saved.

Bummed out in Boise!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Nov 21, 10 5:05 PM
Despite the negative reviews, I decided to give this game a try. I liked that you get a variety of game modes to play. The only one I didn't like was Focus, which I seemed to get all the time. I just don't like feeling as if I need to wear glasses

Why do people dislike Silhouette and Spot the Differences? Is it because they're too easy?

The story is pretty bare bones. It's not really more than a premise to be playing all of these games. I like that after you finish the game you can go back and complete all of the other boards that you didn't get to play. The game is pretty long once you figure in this Extended Play mode.

The artwork for the scenes wasn't very pretty, but the objects were clearly visible and the different game modes were still fun to play. Overall, a decent, fun game, but not among the best of the best.

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Nov 24, 10 5:29 AM

Not my cup of tea.
I played the entire Demo and came out to read the boards.
I ran out the Demo time for the same reason I run all the sand through an hourglass.

CasuelGranny hit the nail squarely on the head regarding how I feel about the game. I was curious about so many opinions in such a short time period and continued reading the replies. Who knew I was going to be in a Politically Correct Literature 101 class. What a kick!
After the decision is made on STD/FTD or STI can we move on to World Peace.
The BFforum is a great way for me to start my day.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Nov 25, 10 10:03 AM
Niall111 wrote:
indigo_ladybug wrote:good but wayyyyy too short. wasted credit

What about the extra play? Was it also short, or just no fun?

The extended play gives you 25 rooms with 8 games in each room. If you missed a particular game category in the main game here's where you can play them. Gold stars denote completed categories and white stars uncompleted. There were plenty of white stars!

I didn't find the main game short. It took me about an hour to release each prisoner. There was no need to rush, except in the two timed modes (the bonus round and the Countdown category which gives you a 30 second timer to find each item).

I enjoyed the game and for me it has replayabiltiy value.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Nov 26, 10 7:48 PM
I played the first one all the way through when it came out. It was just the right difficulty or lack thereof after a stressful day at work.

The second one, I also bought. I played a long time through, but eventually stopped because the same boards kept showing up - remember the roller coaster?

So I gave this one a try and didn't last 30 minutes of the demo. Had to turn the sound off almost immediately because the spin and its noise went on,,, and on ,,,

And I just don't like it.

[Post New]by justmekg on Nov 27, 10 5:14 AM
I loved this game...basically no problems getting to the next screen. ...BUT THE VOICE IS GRATING ON ONES EARS!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 7, 10 6:47 PM
This was just an okay game for me. Seemed very redundant in play and the junk pile HOG list scenes were awful. As for the voice etcetera... I turned the speakers off.

Go to: