Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 25, 10 12:05 PM
seeme278 wrote:I cannot pick up goblets. I have checked the strategy guide and have done everything and more (ie inflated raft). My objective tells me to find a way to open the trap door, but I am not registering a new objective of collecting goblets. Someone posted that this glitch was fixed, but I don't see where. HELP please.

You need to uninstall and then reinstall your game (re-download it from your Purchase History) in order to fix the goblets glitch. You will not have to start your game over from the beginning; it will pick up where you left off. The new version of the game that fixed this glitch was released yesterday evening Pacific Standard Time.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by charlydan on Nov 25, 10 12:17 PM
I am also wondering how to get past the plunger scene!

[Post New]by NurseTracy76 on Nov 25, 10 12:22 PM
Whats going on? It wont even let me download the "try it" On top of that the whole site seems pretty slow. I've never had any problems before.

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Nov 25, 10 12:58 PM
I can't cut down the tree in the swamp, either. I have the chainsaw full of gas, but it doesn't do anything, no matter how many times I click on the tree. This is getting frustrating, because I love the game and want to keep playing, but after the goblet fiasco yesterday and now this, I'm more irritated than anything else.

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Nov 25, 10 2:09 PM
I reinstalled the game after the goblet glitch. Now I cannot pick up the chain saw. Mac (10.5.8) Version

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Nov 25, 10 2:13 PM
charlydan wrote:I am also wondering how to get past the plunger scene!

You need to go into the office and get Lamont's phone number from the board. Go into hall and call (need coin from purse). He will give you instructions. (flush 4 times, use plunger 3 times flush 5 times)

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Nov 25, 10 2:15 PM
melonrind wrote:I can't cut down the tree in the swamp, either. I have the chainsaw full of gas, but it doesn't do anything, no matter how many times I click on the tree. This is getting frustrating, because I love the game and want to keep playing, but after the goblet fiasco yesterday and now this, I'm more irritated than anything else.

Clicking won't do it. You need to keep your finger down on the mouse button the whole time you're cutting the tree.

[Post New]by mafaldas on Nov 25, 10 2:15 PM
I've just downloaded the trial version of this game and i can't find the right screen resolution to play it...have benne trying form 1024x768 to 1280x 1024 and nothing works. And i can't turn to widescreen mode. Any hints? before i buy it i'd like to be sure it works!
thanks!

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Nov 25, 10 2:35 PM
Mossy224 wrote:I reinstalled the game after the goblet glitch. Now I cannot pick up the chain saw. Mac (10.5.8) Version

Ignore post. Solved issue.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 25, 10 2:46 PM
Exactly my problem. No widescreen option available, what a bummer. The beta version I was sent didn't have option either, but one fishie said she fiddled with demo going back and forth, windowed, full, wide, back to window or some order. I spent 20 min of demo time with no change in res.

What size screen do you have? Mine is 17.3 laptop W7 64 bit. Max res (default) is 9000x600, Which I think with the black bars either side is reduced to 1366x768 which is what I had on a 15" laptop with black borders. I tried 1280x720, 1280x800 in windows too but could not drag the screen from the top bar. On my 9000x600 it says no widescreen available on your setting. WHY??? Baskersville goes wide, so does Phantom of Opera, Flux 2, all CEs and 5 other new games.

Can we PLEASE HAVE A PATCH FOR DISPLAY 9000X600 WIDE FOR W7 64 BIT?? I'm not buying CE until it fills my 17.3 inch screen.

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 2:49:51 PM PST

maggierose
Catfish
Catfish
1,717 Posts

[Post New]by maggierose on Nov 25, 10 2:50 PM
Attic Puzzle

Is there a problem with the puzzle in the attic? I understand how to solve it, but all the buttons won't move all the way along the path. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is a problem. Up to this point I have had no problems, game down loaded fast and has played well.

Please ignore post, problems solved

It was the player, not the game lol

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 3:15:31 PM PST

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Nov 25, 10 2:52 PM
Finally got the demo downloaded and completed it. Bought the game, downloaded...when it was installing (at the very last part) my pc crashed! Happened 2X. There was a blue screen, lots of words, etc. but it says Bad_pool_caller. The pc reboots itself after that. PC is about 4 months old, Alien Ware...and haven't had trouble EVER with any games until about 2 days ago when this started happening. I uninstalled Microsoft Free Installer and things looked great - that's how I got the demo in the first place. I am also able to play other games with no problem. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!!!

UPDATE! Just uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it. I got the message:
We're sorry but your game could not be activated. (806-400)

Another Update! About 30 seconds after I posted the previous update, my pc crashed with the same details as the original post (Bad_pool_caller).

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 4:32:26 PM PST

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Nov 25, 10 3:38 PM
I'm posting this here as well as in the question about the fax/birth date issue. I hope there's an easy solve for this as I am totally blue about having to 'start over' with a completely clean reboot/reinstall.

"I'm stuck with this one: I couldn't get the checker game to play--the checkers kept 'bouncing' back into position, so, frustrated, I finally skipped the game. The guy in the tavern keeps talking about how I bested him every time I go back in the tavern--I thought he was just annoying, but NOW I cannot get any information about the birth date for Poncer from the fax machine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, without rebooting my computer, but it didnt fix anything. I don't want to play this all over from the start as I've already played seven hours!!! "

Is it a problem to skip games? Is that the issue?

Help!!

After many tries, I went back, retried every possible combination of dates using all the '1700' potential birthdates and 'voila' the last one worked with the pull of the lever. Yay!!

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 3:56:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Ninnasmommy on Nov 25, 10 3:59 PM
I got the glitch fix for the goblets now I can't get the computer password to work!
I know where it is and I know what it is....seems different from the one listed in the walk through.... I tried typing in using my keyboard.. no luck... tried using the number pad... no luck

when I found the pass and it didn't go in to my book.. I thought....oh no not another glitch....but yep seems to be!

I am really loving this game BUT with so many glitches I am wondering if this game wasn't rushed from beta to full..... and IF anyone was able to beta test from start to end....because it seems like lately all the glitches in games lately come AFTER the point where the beta test ended

[Post New]by mechants on Nov 25, 10 4:14 PM
Okay, I have the metal detector and was able to use it to dig up two of the three coins. The third coin is located by the canon, the metal detector will go off, but it will not let me dig. It keeps telling me that I don't use the shovel here. I am getting frustrated with this. I can't move on in the game at all.

Invalid profile

[Post New]by lupinegoddess on Nov 25, 10 4:16 PM
I have seen a few people posting that they play, leave the game and then when they return their player profile is gone and/or they game tells them "Master Detective" is an invalid profile. I am having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution/patch for this issue? Where do we go to find patches anyway? Do they come from BFG tech service? I am as frustrated as anyone else, I was looking forward to having fun this afternoon playing the game while the hubby watched football. Anybody have any ideas?

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Nov 25, 10 4:44 PM
Am using the metal detector in the swamp by the cannon. I dug with the shovel where the detector went off, but all I got was one of those hidden gold pirate cards. Now it won't let me dig, even when the metal detector turns green, which it only does in one place.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 25, 10 4:45 PM
i don't know if a tech problem or it's just me. i can't get the screwdriver to remove screws on side of piano panel. did anyone get past that panel on piano? if so how did you do it?

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Nov 25, 10 5:17 PM
I didn't have any trouble with that, although by the time I got there I had downloaded the new version and installed it. All I remember is that you have to position the screwdriver over each screw.

[Post New]by MizPersnicket on Nov 25, 10 7:50 PM
Ok so I can finally download it, but when I open it, it's just a square window...no words, no images, nothing. Tried adjusting my display settings but that did nothing. So tired of this! I just want to play!

Go to: