cass254
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by cass254 on Dec 4, 10 4:06 AM
I sent the first girl to sleep then went downstairs to find a sparkly area on the dresser. Completed this but at the end I didn't recieve an item and it didn't close the area. Had to go to menu then resume which just showed the area sparkling again but when I went on it the list was empty. Therefore I am going to be missing an item later on.

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 4:06:44 AM PST

[Post New]by kissybaby0621 on Dec 4, 10 7:59 AM
If you skip the puzzle before you use the drilll on the coconut you can usually get past the part at the Apocothary

[Post New]by melansongirl on Dec 5, 10 12:08 AM
gidgiboo wrote:There is a bug in the program. I am at the Apothecary and as soon as I drill a hole in the coconut, the game locks up. Have to Cntrl/Alt/Del to the Task Manager to close out. I will keep an eye out for the "fix" or update, but wanted to make you aware of the problem. Other than that, good game. Great puzzles. Hard, but not too hard.

Same problem here

The puzzle in the burnt house (the last task)

[Post New]by saleka123 on Dec 5, 10 12:51 AM
I puzzle asks for a disc before it can began. I selected the disc from my inventory and the game did not recognize that I used it. What can I do to get the door open in the burnt house?

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 5, 10 5:17 AM
Hi all.

I am another one whose game froze up on the coconut. It wasn't a problem after I took the advice offered here & skipped the game.

Shame though, I was looking forward to that one.

I only downloaded this game 2 days ago so it seems to be a long term problem that still hasn't been fixed after over a week. I am surprised at this as BFG are normally pretty quick with their fixes.

[Post New]by mullemusling on Dec 5, 10 5:56 AM
I have the same problem, the game freezes after drilling a holoe in the coconut,

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Dec 5, 10 10:29 AM
After fighting with this game for many days I decided to uninstall and reinstall. I did that this morning, have stopped 2 times and went back with no problems. I finished it and I can say now it was a very good game. It was the type that I didn't want it to end.

[Post New]by thered1 on Dec 5, 10 10:44 AM
I am unable to collect the sunflower. do I need to reinstall? Please advise

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 5, 10 12:48 PM
thered1 wrote:I am unable to collect the sunflower. do I need to reinstall? Please advise

When you say you're unable to collect the sunflower, do you mean you can't start the Hidden Object Scene at all? If so, you've probably just missed a trigger step earlier in the chapter. Go back to the beginning of the chapter and reach forward to see if you skipped any steps.

If you mean you got into the Hidden Object Scene ok and SUNFLOWER was on the Find List but you weren't able to pick it up, that's a technical problem. You can try just rebooting your computer to see if that helps. If that doesn't work, you'll need to contact Bustomer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right column of this page.

Robin

[Post New]by mlpinchas on Dec 5, 10 4:44 PM
michelha75 wrote:
BossBrat wrote:OMG can BF DO ANYTHING RIGHT LATELY?! I was happy to get this game today and drilled the hole in the coconut to make the elixir and yep, like some of the rest of you, the game froze. And, that was that. My goodness, do holidays make these people light-headed or something? I have bought games here for years now and lately it seems like it's all about quantity and NOTHING about quality! FIX IT!

as they are now having members beta test the game I'd say they are more concerned about quality than in the past. yes we pay money to buy the games and play them and expect them to work but you should also keep in mind that not everyone has the exact same computer. If you are given the chance to beta test do it because every person that does raises the chances of finding problems before they sell them. (Granted we could have found this problem in the beta test if it was a full copy but then the question would be if people would buy if they've already played it though)

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Dec 5, 10 8:04 PM
desandnrs wrote:I just experienced a big problem with this game. Pretty far in the game and I had seen several scenes where I had multicolored lines in the picture but not so bad that I could not keep playing, cause I have tried some games that were totally unplayable and could not get out without control,alt.,delete. Then all at once my mouW froze up over in the lower right corner, I was going to the map, and could not do anything. only way out was shutting pc down. When I went to restart playing the game, it made me start all over from the beginning. Bummer!!! Well more problems! After making me start over, I had to go out to consult the walkthrough and after doing so, went back in. Guess what? I had to start over AGAIN!!! Now, I cannot play the whole game non-stop, so what am I to do? HELP!

HDCLASSIC
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HDCLASSIC on Dec 5, 10 9:02 PM
SAME PROBLEM WITH APOTHECARY. RESTARTED GAME AND SKIPPED PUZZLE. WAS ABLE TO FINISH, BUT HOPE FOR A FIX SOON!

[Post New]by cwcrowder on Dec 6, 10 2:42 PM
got a good ways and when i try to go left or right at the fork in the woods past the maple shed it freezes ,curser turns small,and sounds like rushing water. have to "ctrl,alt,del"2time to get out of game after that.
Whats is causing this,i removed game (trash) and reinstalled but still freezes at same point.
HELP.Chris

[Post New]by ScrapCard on Dec 6, 10 6:33 PM
I have the issue with the game freezing at the apothacary after drilling the coconut. I cannot go forward and have to Task Manager out of the program. I am totally stuck and the skip button does not work. Can't wait for the patch to fix it. This is a cool game

[Post New]by martalidya on Dec 7, 10 12:26 PM
I cant do anything cant get hints I am stuck did even play five minutes

[Post New]by 020943jas on Dec 7, 10 4:20 PM
well, i'm another frustrated "chemist" because I can't do anything after drilling the hole in the coconut either. Guess I'll try to replay again and skip this puzzle-too bad, was sure I could do this one too. Overall, a good game, just wish there was a faster way to get from one end of town to the other....like clicking on the map?

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Dec 9, 10 11:20 AM
My problem involves an item that should have gone into my Inventory after I completed a hidden object scene. It's the gunpowder bag in the mine. When I look at my Inventory, it still shows this item to be missing. It's one of those items that is part of a combination of items.

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 5:21:08 PM PST

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 10, 10 7:57 AM
If enough people contact Customer Service and complain, maybe they will come out with a fix for this game. Being told to skip a minigame just doesn't cut it for me!

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 11, 10 11:49 AM
I still wanna know.....are they gonna fix this game or not? It's been long enough...if they aren't gonna fix it, I'M NOT BUYING IT!!!!! If this run of poor quality, unplayable games continue, I'll just cancel my membership and go elsewhere!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 11, 10 11:52 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thank you for posting about the issues with the freeze at the calming potion. At this time, we'd like to collect some information as to why this might be happening and would really appreciate if you could send our Tech reps a Dr. Felix report. This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly.

First, please download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

Now to contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're receiving an error message letting you know the file is too large, try sending just the running processes, running services and the dxdiag. These are the most useful parts of the report that will help our rep. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 12/11/2010 at 11:52:54 AM PST

Go to: