Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Mystery of the Dragon Prince

[Post New]by smartlegs on Nov 29, 10 3:43 PM
I also need the skip button for the puzzles. There are certain ones I just can not figure out.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Nov 29, 10 4:00 PM
This is one of the worst HOGs I've seen in a while. It isn't very well put together at all and is way too easy. Definitely a no-buy for me.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Nov 29, 10 4:11 PM
yasure wrote:I agree wit the majority.
It is a NO BUY. Played about 30 minutes and just did not like it. It's got you running all over the place and what is with the pieces of glass? That you can't pick up???

I agree...it's a no buy for me. Game did not impress me and I found it very difficult to understand the whole premise of the game. Me too...what's with the pieces of glass that you can't pick up. If a game bores me with the trial I won't buy it and this is the case with this game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 29, 10 4:44 PM
I won`t buy this game, but not because the "no-skip-button". Its not a good hog - graphic are bad, story uninteresting, hog-scenes are also bad. Overall a "no-buy" for me

jpo656
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by jpo656 on Nov 29, 10 5:04 PM
If I want to be frustrated, wait for help and do something I don't want to do, I might as well go to work! Hope the developers take note of these "I would buy, but..." comments. Thanks to all for your reviews.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 29, 10 6:08 PM
Poutoule wrote:
Chamuel82 wrote:The graphics aren't bad ! But a game not having a skip button for mini games like the other said is a major no no for me! Also I had to exit the game for 2 minutes and when I continued ( I was playing a H.O scene) I had to re start the H.O scene and the objects were the same! !
In most games, if not all, when you quit the game in the middle of doing something, you have to start it all over again, so that's no surprise.

No I don't believe that's true at all. In most of the games I play it saves where ever you are and remembers that you are partway through a H0 scene even... it's not hard progamming at all. Just one example, my son was just playing Lost Realms: The Curse of Babylon and it remembered where he was perfectly. What boggles my mind is when some of the better games out there don't or worse don't even let you click to the stratagy guide without resetting the puzzle.

[Post New]by LEsMom on Nov 29, 10 7:04 PM
Along with others, I am very disappointed in this game for several reasons. The missing "Skip" button is a very big deal to me, and the hour-long demo isn't nearly long enough for those of us who aren't so good at puzzles without a Skip button. I bought the game because I thought it was interesting. However, the game goes around and around (and I never did find the pruning shears!) and at some point it just stopped going anywhere for me. The WT wasn't helpful! I can't find the handle on the sink, the wheel for the water pipes, and absolutely can't find a way to the attic. The WT goes from one place to the attic by way of some stairs, but I can't find the stairs or the board, and I just got frustrated and quit. Normally, I love the site and don't have any probems, but I really regret using one of my credits on this game.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Nov 29, 10 8:24 PM
I have just finished the game and enjoyed it. I knew it would be short when I downloaded it so, that did not bother me very much when I finished the game in about a 2 hour sitting.

Although the **** scenes were a little hard to see, there was no penalty for clicking and clicking around at stuff, pretty much let me find everything. I kind of liked moving items around to find what I was looking for underneath them. In one scene, when I moved an item, another thing fell down in a totally different place. I thought it was kind of cute.

I kept the WT handy for the mini games, as there was no skip button which, everyone is complaining about. I got through the games pretty easily doing it this way. The MGs were pretty easy but, I found that I did need the help.

I enjoy wandering around in a game. Other players seemingly do not. Oh well.

Anyway, I had an enjoyable evening with the game.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Nov 29, 10 10:25 PM
Agree... I love the storyline, graphics, music etc. but we need a skip button, I stink at the follow the sequence and can't get past it. So the game is worthless to me. What a shame... would have been a good one. Game makers are not paying attention to what the gamers want! If they read the forums they would know what we like.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 30, 10 1:21 AM
barbee44 wrote:Agree... I love the storyline, graphics, music etc. but we need a skip button, I stink at the follow the sequence and can't get past it. So the game is worthless to me. What a shame... would have been a good one. Game makers are not paying attention to what the gamers want! If they read the forums they would know what we like.
SKIP BUTTON. If there was one in this game, it would have no interest at all. The idea, I guess, is to make you use your brain. Skip the mini games and what's left ?? Nothing, a skinny, short story. Mini games are THE point in this game, slightly different from the ones we're used to. It's worth a try and is quite fun.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 30, 10 1:24 AM
Just one mor little thing, with a skip button it would just be like a M3 game with no timer..... Pointless.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 30, 10 3:07 AM
No skip - no buy. Cannot get stuck in another game again with out the skip option.

I was disappointed that it wasnt a "talkie".

Happy gaming

Supernerd
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Supernerd on Nov 30, 10 3:20 AM
I liked it! I found the mini puzzles easy, and the game exercised my brain. Yes... I bought it and I'm enjoying it.

kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kerchers on Nov 30, 10 3:20 AM
I agree with the many comments on this game. no skip button,coundn't get the hint to work then I found out you can only use them in the hidden object games.Also no book to go to to remind you what you have to do and the things you have to find. this will be a no ,no,wont be buying this one but I do have a few games in hang thanks to the three day ILOVEGAMES coupon, games were $2.99 each.I hope they do this again.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Nov 30, 10 4:34 AM
I have never before commented without playing at least part of the game but after reading there is no skip button on the mini puzzles and that one of those is my nemesis, repeat the sequence, I don't have to play any of this to know it is not for me. No relax mode or no skip button...I'm moving on.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Nov 30, 10 7:23 AM
Carole22759 wrote:Awh come-on youze guys!
You don't give yourselves enough credit of how capable you are ... The countless mini-games you've attempted over the years, but then skipped just because that "button" was there. What about the mini's you've completed and wondered "how did I do that ?" Most likely you have "talents" you've yet to discover!
All the instances that you've pushed that mouse of yours, to hover-over that SKIP button, thinking to yourself "I'll never be able to figure this one out", then you clicked it without even an attempt at the game in front of you, then all too late realizing that "ah-ha" moment is gone forever ...never to know if you would have been successful.
NO SKIP BUTTON... Pish-Posh...You may surprise yourself!
Find your inner mini-game prowess!
...Now go out there and mini-game dominate!...
Ah well, just thought I'd be a little motivational today.

Great pep talk, Carole! And you're so right. There've been times when I was a little too rash and hit the "skip" button without really giving the puzzle a try, and I've almost always regretted it. The skip may have saved me a few minutes frustration, but also cheated me of that high you get from solving a difficult challenge on your own. That being said, it's nice to have a skip option for those times when all else fails.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Nov 30, 10 8:25 AM
I hate to diss any game on here & if I read a game with bad reviews I normally have to try it & 9/10 times I like it.

However, sadly, this one is not for me. I found the **** hard to distinguish, & by that I don't mean cleaverly hidden, The path forward was too fragmented with out reason& there was just no direction.

I was excited to try & beat the minigames so the no hint problem wasn't an issue, I just didn't like it, sorry BFG

Edit to add. I didn't swear in my above post, I used the initials of hidden object with out a space. It is not a word we use in the UK LOL

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 8:27:44 AM PST

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Nov 30, 10 8:31 AM
I tried the game and didn't really think that it is going to be that long. I had 8 minutes left in my hour demo and I was almost done with the second chapter so no buy for me and the hint system does not help you out at all if you are stuck like so many others have stated.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Nov 30, 10 10:31 AM
I havent even tried this game because I read that there was no skip button. An automatic no buy for me. Shame.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 30, 10 12:02 PM
not sure I'd buy that one again now that I did and played it. It was fairly short, I needed too much help from the walkthrough since the hint didn't help much at all. I hate using a walkthrough that much...I find I'm not gaming, just following directions.
But to get through the tunnels, the walkthrough is a must. Too bad .
- the plot line was thin, when it was over I looked at the characters and wondered...now why did this all happen? I was more into the castle than the plot I guess.
-graphics..a B-. Not great, but easy on the eyes.
-music> forgettable, nothing overly irritating or awesome
I guess in general, wait for this to become a DD. Then its a worth the money and save the big bucks for the BIG games.
kris

Go to: