Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Dragon Dance

[Post New]by bobbiej25200 on Nov 30, 10 8:48 AM
lorilolo33 wrote:am i alone when i say this game blows!?! i've only been playing ten minutes and already i'm about to give up!!!! i'm stuck at the same place and it keeps telling

me to look somewhere else but there is nowhere else to look!!! UGH!!!!

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Nov 30, 10 8:49 AM
Just tried the demo for 45 minutes and It is a buy for me in December. Very nice graphics, alot of head scratching (which I love) and not a stress game at all. You can take all the time you want to do your thing. Pretty sure if you fishies like puzzles this one will fit you. Liked the music too. Different approach in this game. Loved it.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 30, 10 8:54 AM
maggieannie43 wrote:I am now cheesed off with this game the slide game will not slide, it makes a sliding noise my cpu is 3 so it should play properly I think I will ask for a credit on this game, it must be full of flaws

This game as a very steep learning curve. To get the sliders to move, you need to click on the middle of the edge, on the side you want them to move to. It won't just move to the LOGICAL empty square, you need to tell it what direction to move by clicking on that edge. Frustrating, but satisfying once you get the hang of it.

I finally broke down and bought it, to fill out my card and because it really is an interesting game, it just needs better instructions! I have found that as I progress through the game (I just found the last map piece) I don't have to check on the walkthrough as often, so I think it's a matter of learning how this game works, because it is very different than most iHOGs.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 30, 10 8:56 AM
"No Sale" for me. Too many grammar and spelling errors, an annoying bird? dragon? pterodactyl? incessantly flapping its wings in the lower-right screen, movement arrows that appear willy-nilly (but sometimes, you can't go there yet), placing books (on a big table-top) at just the right pixel or they bounce back into inventory--kind of maddening! And a sluggish-at-best cursor (game or system). A 100+ page W/T for a 200 MB game? There might be a lot of "filler" here.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 30, 10 8:58 AM
barbee44 wrote:I'm in the basement(?) and it is very dark even with the light on... the objects are very hard to find. Eye strain. Then I get to the clock puzzle... do exactly what the WT says to do. I see the hand while I have the clock magnified... nothing. Tried about 6 times... now either the WT is faulty or the game because it just doesn't work.

If you want to give it one more try, highlight below for spoiler

There is a little slider button on the bottom of the clock. You need to move it to the right to shut off the pendulum so you can pick up the chimes.
I was about ready to drop my monitor on the floor before I figured that one out, because I could SEE it but not pick it up!

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 9:03:38 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 30, 10 9:22 AM
I only made it as far as the mausoleum partly due to getting stuck and not knowing what to do. The other reason is I was distracted by work being done on the house so I guess I should have waited to play, but oh well. A big thanks to those fishies who mentioned the existence of a walkthrough in the review forum. I should enough to check for it, but it’s been a long week and it’s only Tuesday. I like the game but I had trouble clicking through the journal, had trouble moving through the house-finding the down arrow drove me nuts half the time I had to go back to another room. I also had trouble with the slider puzzle at the mausoleum. I cannot recall having that much difficulty getting the blocks to move. I saw a post where another fishie mentioned what needed to happen. In my opinion it makes the puzzle unnecessarily difficult and detracts from the game as a whole rather than adding to the challenge. I was already frustrated by trying to flip through the journal and find the stupid back arrow in the house by the time I arrived at the slider puzzle. My demo ended before I had a chance to finish it. If it weren’t for these issues I would probably buy as I like a challenge, but I play to relax not create additional tension.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 30, 10 9:29 AM
this game doesn't work well!impossible to read tasks,but when done i can seethe mark!
it is difficult to do any thing for the cursor is floating
and at least,i think it is very short one,i have got the tokens within the demo hour ,and according to the wlakthrough,it seems to be half of the game!
a not to buy!!

darlaki
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by darlaki on Nov 30, 10 9:53 AM
Am having a problem towards the beginning of the game, put down the carpet and then went upstairs to Edwardsroom where there was supposed to be a hidden object game open up, but nothing happened, seems to be a problem with the game at this point.

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Nov 30, 10 10:26 AM
Puda_K wrote:
mystine wrote: wish I had the patience to waste my life on trying to figure out what to do in it, but I don't. Good luck to you.

Ah, there went my coffee all over my keyboard That was priceless, and may I give it an "amen"!

The game was glitching like mad on my comp (WIN 7). I started three times and DL'd twice. I got stuck at the first bookcases and had to hit "menu" to get out of that scene. I'd be taken to the opening shot of the three guys standing there (come on..at least make the leading guy cute for crissakes...), then would pop back into the room. Nothing clicked. When I'd hit "hint" the dragon would fly off without giving me a hint, then the hint wouldn't recharge. Nothing clicked in the other rooms and I'd keep being told I couldn't go elsewhere because I had to find this dang blasted 3rd dragon book. Which I couldn't click even if I knew where it was. I spent 25 minutes of the demo going in circles, thinking I was crazy.

Well, I could be, but in that charming, sociopathic way

I don't know it this is a Win7 thing or what but it's a no-go, sad to say.

Happy Tuesday, all

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 30, 10 10:56 AM
I hope this 70 plus gamer will be able to get unstuck. It's always fun when things fall apart but you must go on. I have shut it off for now but will go back to it later and see if I can do better..

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Nov 30, 10 11:32 AM
Playing demo and not too sure I will purchase. The music is monotonous, the graphics bright most of time...some objects very small. I do get tired of the hint system saying no hint available so you have to click all over a large area to find out where you have to go. Also it is tricky at times to bring up the arrow that takes you to other locations. There is not enough instruction at least on basic navagation. Maybe w/walkthrough hints at times I might buy...not my favorite but better than Mystery of the Dragon Prince.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 11:32:59 AM PST

[Post New]by birdcatfish on Nov 30, 10 11:53 AM
IMO that was simply a horrible game! The objects too easy to find, the puzzles very simple and the animation simply awful! I'm sure there are those who will love this game but I thought it was a bloody boring waste of an hour.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 30, 10 12:48 PM
daisyduck352 wrote:I hope this 70 plus gamer will be able to get unstuck. It's always fun when things fall apart but you must go on. I have shut it off for now but will go back to it later and see if I can do better..

Hang in there Daisyduck and remember... click everywhere and explore everything with your cursor!! There is no hand holding in this game - oh happy day!! - and you just have to explore and try everything!

Enjoy the game, I sure am!

shadowfax

NIKE1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by NIKE1 on Nov 30, 10 12:59 PM
I love a challenge but I just thought this was very poorly done and stopped after about 3 minutes. If the mechanics of the game aren't good, it's a no go for me and these mechanics are awful.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Nov 30, 10 1:00 PM
Put the books on the table...uh no not there, not there either, oops wrong spot.....

Look for something you can use on the floor.no, not that, nope wrong again, mmmm what the heck........

Open the knobless drawer.......oh come on how the heck are we to know we have to do THAT!!

All of which drove me to the walkthrough, frequently.

So even with really nice graphics and HOG scenes, I am not having a good time here.

For those of us old enough to remember 45 rpm records: Life is too short to listen to the B sides. This game is a B side.

[Post New]by spencercat on Nov 30, 10 1:05 PM
This game is horrible. I too was stuck from the beginning. I had to close the game and go to the walkthrough. Minigames would not work. While I love HOGS and am very good at them, this one was just ridiculous. I had to exit the demo, remove it from my sister and get up and walk away!! Now that I have cleaned my kitchen, I have settled down and play a game I already own and enjoy myself!!!

[Post New]by spencercat on Nov 30, 10 1:07 PM
I meant remove it from my system not sister. I was just talking to my sister, see I told you all this game rattled me!!

Ibisgirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

books

[Post New]by Ibisgirl on Nov 30, 10 1:08 PM
Everything was going great until I had to find the book The Dangerous Journey volumne 12. I see the empty spot on th book shelf but can't find the book to put on the shelf. does anyone know where the book is????

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 30, 10 1:19 PM
I don`t care very much for this game - its not easy (I need to use the walkthrough very often in my trial time), graphic is okay, storyline uninteresting, hogscenes are so-so. Overall a no buy for me - maybe as a Daily Deal someday

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Nov 30, 10 1:59 PM
Found the game very annoying.Sorry but will not buy.

Go to: