Re:Post any The Dragon Dance technical issues here only

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Dec 2, 10 1:23 AM
Made it to Edwards room, nothing,Looks like this might be a fun game, but Alas, Cant play it ..Please fix, I have gone from buying 6-8 games a month down to 1-3 to many issues, wasted time, Sad fishie here..

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 1:25:25 AM PST

shark46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shark46 on Dec 2, 10 6:02 AM
Hi everyone this game is very bugy its the first game i have had to restart 4 times with new profile get so far, then no hidden object trigger it does need a code update or credit for another game if it cant be fixed, it could be a realy good game when sorted

plxit
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by plxit on Dec 2, 10 8:54 AM
The game asks for three books from the bookshelf. The walkthrough specifies 2 books. I can't get a third book! Help! Am I doing something wrong?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 2, 10 9:15 AM
Hi plxit,

The following thread should help you out with the third book:

How do you do it................Please????

If you continue to have any problems with this part, I'd recommend posting in that thread.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 9:15:24 AM PST

tazkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tazkat on Dec 2, 10 5:08 PM
BG,, or somebody i need help with the typewriter keys. i found the 3 that the hidden object told me to, 2 cartrides.. now when i go to where the typewriter is, there is only an outline of the typewriter there, no typewriter. what is goin on & what do i do, totally stuck................. HELP

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Dec 2, 10 7:33 PM
Justine54 wrote:Hi, I get to the screen to put my username and that's it. The play button presses but nothing happens. I press all the other buttons and nothing happens. Even the exit button doesn't work. I have to press, CTRL and ALT just to log off and log in again to get back to my desktop. I have the right requirements, VISTA, my firewall doesn't stop it cause, I just played another game I down loaded in the BFG game manager at the same time. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing works. I have absolutely have no problems downloading and playing any other games?????????

I sympathize with you. I also cannot play the game. I have vista home premium, 4 gig of ram nivida geforce 9400 video card so plenty of Ram and a great video card. I cannot sign in because when I try to do so the cursor hits invisible barrier and will not let me reach the sign in screen to game. I had to put it in XP compatibility mode because although my resolution is set at 1680x1050 when set in that resolution the login screen of the game is so huge that I cannot see much of anything. Like Justine54 says the only way to escape is the alt control delete key. Is this just a gripe blog or does anyone actually help us in tech problems? What resolution is this game suppose to be played in? any help would be appreciated. I really would like to purchase this game but it sounds like it needs major fixing. I am beginning to wonder are we the beta testers for BFG and their not telling us? No offense but something is not right lately so many games are having glitches. Hope there will be a update fix to this real quick.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 2, 10 8:26 PM
I have gotten to the caves and am trying to find all the gears. I found the axe but when I tried to use it on the secret hiding place in the ground it disappeared. I cannot go any further in the game now. It is frustrating to have things go wrong with a game you have just bought. I will have to start over and go all through the dialogue to get to the caves again. This is not right.

devil97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by devil97 on Dec 2, 10 9:15 PM
I'm in the caves and I've gotten to the waterfall. I found all of the pieces of the gear handles, but there is no handle now to place on the gear. The task list says that I have found all of the pieces, but it's missing and I can't move past this point in the game. I'm regretting that I purchased this game after having difficulty with the tiles not wanting to slide early on in the game. This is the second game in less than a week that has frozen up on me.

[Post New]by alpaca1 on Dec 2, 10 9:18 PM
The axe disappeared when I was digging up the gear in the cave. The shovel did the same thing and the hand can't pick up the gear hidden in the dirt. Remedies?

[Post New]by homern99 on Dec 2, 10 9:56 PM
Why is it locking up on the puzzle tiles in the graveyard. If it doesn't work can I get a refund???

QB22
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by QB22 on Dec 3, 10 8:50 PM
Lost control of cursor at the ants. My husband started playing game under his own profile and when he went to get Vol X11 from book shelf it wasn't there,

He started a new profile and game froze on him. I have done all the things BFG says to do for games freezing, crashing etc. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game.

This has not fixed the problems. Is there a fix coming or are there not enough of us having tech problems with the game.

ladycholla
Manatee
Manatee
3,720 Posts

[Post New]by ladycholla on Dec 4, 10 8:24 AM
I'm like so many others, there are too many glitches in this game, I won't buy and it looks like one I would love to have. The walk through shows many interesting puzzles and fun stuff. What a shame, it is really bright in places and could be great fun. Please send this game to whoever needs to work on it and get it fixed, I'm sure you would have plenty of new purchases. Make it so people can have the hour again to see the fix and it would be good.

I noticed this is a producer that I'd never seen before in any game I purchased or tried, so if they are new you need to go through the game and check it out yourselves. Like the others I got to Edwards room and it had not ****'s to find and of course couldn't go any further. That's very frustrating.

Hope it gets fixed with an update and you notify those of us who are interested or the whole community of players.

johnmouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by johnmouse on Dec 4, 10 9:20 AM
No hidden object scene in Edward's room. BF, you really need to make sure your games are bug-free before releasing them. I, and am sure many others as well, have bypassed many games because of their initial bugs. Seriously, BF needs to thoroughly test these games on all platforms before their release!

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Dec 4, 10 4:02 PM
devil97 wrote:I'm in the caves and I've gotten to the waterfall. I found all of the pieces of the gear handles, but there is no handle now to place on the gear. The task list says that I have found all of the pieces, but it's missing and I can't move past this point in the game. I'm regretting that I purchased this game

Same here just got to the cave found all 12 and *poof* they were gone...My list says I need to find them but they are not to be found

Abbey

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 4:07:56 PM PST

[Post New]by sandy71 on Dec 4, 10 7:27 PM
I got to the second cave and tried to pick up trident pieces but couldn't and no hint available I checked the walkthrough and I'm supposed to be able to get trident pieces. I've had problems with this game from the get go. Have used several new profiles and redownloaded several times just to get to this point and now I'm stuck

AlisonCVS
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AlisonCVS on Dec 5, 10 2:35 AM
bstjnck wrote:i too am having problems at the cave, i finally got past and i am having trouble in the dragon tower, i found the wheels and one lever, but the snake has the other and i can't find anything to scare him off with, it say to find a way to move the snake and i can't find anything to use for this, can't leave the scene either.

The snake aparently is not holding the second lever - it is bottom of right hand side of screen - but I cant find it for love nor money. Eagle supposed to scare snake but cant get it to move!!

jasmin911
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jasmin911 on Dec 5, 10 5:17 AM
found the handle for the last key have 7 but it disappeared in my full inventory

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 5, 10 11:48 AM
loridobs wrote:I am not getting a hidden object scene in Edward's room. When I go upstairs it is just a room with a locked drawer.

I have the same problem. I can get the key, the bullets, and the gun, but then nothing. Only thing in my inventory is a bowl, and there's no hidden object scene popping up.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Dec 5, 10 2:47 PM
Pretty graphics, when they were working. Too many glitches, freezes. Also poor English / syntax, which always frustrates me. Quit.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 5, 10 4:05 PM
I really tried to like this game. I got through most of the so-called glitches and thought that the problems were in the gamers. However, after reaching the three caves under the waterfall, I reached a glitch I can't get past. After collecting all of the tools for the statue, two of them disappeared. I tried to use a hint to see if they were still active and able to be found again. The hint keeps going to a piece I have already found. I can do nothing from this point on. I may have to ask for a refund. Hopefully, you have a fix in place already. I read there is a graphics problem with XP, but if this was known, it should have been posted on the game site.
Thank you,
ACM

Go to: