KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Kaptain Brawe - Episode 1

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 7, 10 9:23 PM
I am definitely lov'in this game. It's unquestionably fun, once you get a hang on to what your are suppose to do. It seems short but I believe there are a lot of challenges to this game, which takes a while to get through. This is absolutely a "keeper" for me! If it's different and challenging I am undaunted. I love science, so testing and experimenting is for the courageous. . . . . . . . off to explore "A Brawe New World".

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Dec 8, 10 2:18 AM
I like this type of game, however, we're in 2010 and this is like a game from 1995. I can't believe on a new, just released game you have to manually save your progess? The graphics are nice and clear, and I did feel like I was immersed in the animation, but the gameplay is simple and no challenge. I like the funny dialogue, but there is way too much of it. I felt like I was clicking to talk more than playing the game. I don't mind clicking a character once or twice to get some info, but this 4 or 5 times back and forth several times was ridiculous. Also, when going back to an area, it was annoying having to click on that last sentence again to get out of it to get the active screen back. It has some good qualities, I do like the maps where you can click on an area and get there quickly, but overall it just felt really old.

It seems to be really short. After the hour demo I'm 1/3-1/2 way through it already.

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Dec 8, 10 2:46 AM
@Mistickel: The game autosaves often as well as when you quit the game, so basically, you can play the entire game without ever having to save manually.
The manual saving is here just as an extra feature, if you want to save your progress and maybe return to a previous part of the game or whatever you'd like with it.
You can check the autosaves by going to Load Game->Autosave.
---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 3:32:18 AM PST

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Dec 8, 10 3:28 AM
Don't believe anything kspes or ivanbul says. They have proven themselves to be liars.

They lied about this being a full game. They have lied about how long it takes the average game player to complete the partial game (2 chapters.)

If you are an average gamer that doesn't skip anything and rarely or never uses a walkthrough and you're good at deducing puzzles, the 2 chapters should take 1.5-2.5 hours.

I've read where people have gotten stuck on some of the puzzles. This would be the only reason that the 2 chapters may take longer. If you don't get stuck, it is very short.

@kspes and ivanbul: I made a comment 2 days ago, several yesterday and another a couple of hours ago. I've noticed that you're ignoring my comments. Could it be because I've made valid points and you have no answer that you can try to twist in your favor? I've also noticed that you're ignoring other comments that you don't find easy to try to spin in your favor. Please just admit what you've done with this game (e.g. trying to pass off a chopped up, partial game as a full game just to make people pay twice.)

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 8, 10 11:12 AM
Redroses, do you actually expect to get a $20 game for $6.99? Hahaha! Talk about a sense of entitlement!

[Post New]by aviendharj1 on Dec 8, 10 11:17 AM
I am getting so frustrated with the recent trend of short adventure games that developers make episodic to make an extra buck. What happened to the days of Kings Quest and the original Monkey Island that would take a week (at least) to work your way through? This is not to brag or make myself feel "good" but I didn't use the walkthrough once, the only "hint" I used was the question mark to find the "propeller" I would rather spend $30 and feel like I am getting my monies worth than spend $7 an hour into a game and have it take me 5 more minutes to get to the crappy "ending". It feels like a rip off. I am truly disapointed because I was so excited by the feel, humor and engine of the game.

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 11:32:59 AM PST

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Dec 8, 10 12:30 PM
snapnhiss wrote:Redroses, do you actually expect to get a $20 game for $6.99? Hahaha! Talk about a sense of entitlement!

What I expect is to get a full game. If they don't want to sell the full game for $6.99, then they shouldn't sell it at this portal.

There are many things that are sold at a wide price descrepancy, so price doesn't factor into this. For example, I bought my DS a brand new 2010 PS3 game for $20 at a reputable brick and mortar store. Other stores and most places online were selling the same game for $60.

It is not a matter of entitlement, nor is it a matter of price. It's more a matter of principle.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Dec 8, 10 8:36 PM
aviendharj1 wrote: ...I would rather spend $30 and feel like I am getting my monies worth than spend $7 an hour into a game and have it take me 5 more minutes to get to the crappy "ending". It feels like a rip off. I am truly disapointed because I was so excited by the feel, humor and engine of the game.
I agree with its being an exciting, humourous game... and, hey... you can have the ending, in fact the whole game (Episodes 1 & 2) for $19.99 USD... better than $30, yes?

Maybe ask CS for your $ back, then purchase the full game from a different site--or--wait for Episode 2 (the rest of the game) to come out here at BFG next month for $6.99.

Episode 2 is even better than Episode 1.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Dec 9, 10 8:56 AM
The game ends awfully quickly and there's no answers to any questions at the end, so be prepared to live with a cliffhanger. I'm disappointed about the length of the game.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Dec 9, 10 8:57 AM
redrosesdz wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:Redroses, do you actually expect to get a $20 game for $6.99? Hahaha! Talk about a sense of entitlement!

What I expect is to get a full game. If they don't want to sell the full game for $6.99, then they shouldn't sell it at this portal.

There are many things that are sold at a wide price descrepancy, so price doesn't factor into this. For example, I bought my DS a brand new 2010 PS3 game for $20 at a reputable brick and mortar store. Other stores and most places online were selling the same game for $60.

It is not a matter of entitlement, nor is it a matter of price. It's more a matter of principle.

I second this. It's misleading to sell a game like this.

[Post New]by Mimiunderthesea on Dec 9, 10 1:19 PM
FINALLY! My son (8 yr old) and I have been waiting for a game like this. We don't care much for HOG (finding stuff over and over again) unless it has interactive use of found objects. We love point and click adventure games! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

This game is fun and cute, with loads of humor. Yeah, you have to use your brain, but isn't that part of the fun? Great challenge.

For those that find these type of games difficult: The more you play, the more you get used to how they work, the easier the games get.

Again, a great game. Brawo...er...bravo!!!

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Dec 9, 10 9:38 PM
First time I have finished a game at one sitting. Good game in many ways, but not good value in terms of length. I won't be buying 2nd episode unless someone says it's longer. Compares very poorly with The 13th Skull etc.

[Post New]by aviendharj1 on Dec 10, 10 2:37 PM
Janie42 wrote:
aviendharj1 wrote: ...I would rather spend $30 and feel like I am getting my monies worth than spend $7 an hour into a game and have it take me 5 more minutes to get to the crappy "ending". It feels like a rip off. I am truly disapointed because I was so excited by the feel, humor and engine of the game.
I agree with its being an exciting, humourous game... and, hey... you can have the ending, in fact the whole game (Episodes 1 & 2) for $19.99 USD... better than $30, yes?

Maybe ask CS for your $ back, then purchase the full game from a different site--or--wait for Episode 2 (the rest of the game) to come out here at BFG next month for $6.99.

Episode 2 is even better than Episode 1.

If the second half is anywhere near as short as the first then this STILL doesn't solve my problem. The point I was trying to make was that I don't want to spend money on a game and beat it in a few hours. I want to go to work or to sleep and be excited about the next time I will get to play!

[Post New]by questforspirit on Dec 10, 10 9:02 PM
I contacted customer sevice over the game being misleading and they very kindly gave me a coupon code for a new game. BFG cs are great when it comes to taking care of their members! Have to say this is the first time in 3 yrs that I have ever requested a refund. Very happy with my service.

[Post New]by nikimiki23 on Dec 13, 10 4:13 PM
Very cute, VERY SHORT! I bought this game because it was supposed to be a large file game. Dumb me. It took me about 45 minutes to complete this game. I probably won't even bother with the 2nd half as I felt just a little misdirected by the categorizing of this game.

one2enjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by one2enjoy on Dec 16, 10 1:11 PM
I thought the game was interesting enough however I was very displeased to see that BF has chopped the game into bits. Especially seeing how the same game, in it's full version, is offered at the same price over at gamezebo.com

http://www.gamezebo.com/download-games/kaptain-brawe-brawe-new-world/walkthrough

Don't get me wrong, I love Big Fish however it seems like as a paying member that BF would not pull such underhanded things. I think from now on that I will look at the walkthroughs to insure I am getting what I expect to be paying for.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 28, 10 7:00 AM
The graphics are hand drawn and gorgeous. The gameplay is interactive HOG with some adventure aspects. The hint system is nice, though one that highlighted some of the items I needed might be of help as well. This game can be frustrating but it was fun.

This game is an A-.

[Post New]by WolvenGarde on Jan 2, 11 10:29 PM
Very funny, takes me back to the days of Space Quest. My only problem is that it was so SHORT. Including the demo it took me about 2.5 hours. Kinda, a waste.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 28, 11 12:50 AM
Excellent adventure game. I would have paid $29.00 Australian at the games store for it, so I don't mind paying $16.00 for both episodes instead. Great to see a game in the old Monkey Island style!!

kpopluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kpopluv on Jan 30, 11 8:06 AM
I only played the game for 12 minutes and had to stop. No, I don't care that it was split up and we weren't told. What I DO care about is that there are no voices. I would have even taken bad voice overs over none.

The voices are my second favorite part (requirement) with games like these. Makes it more engaging for me, a person who mainly buys LFG because they are more adventure (with more often than not, voices) and longer than HOG, which i don't really care for. If I have a LONG game to play and there are no voices, it makes it hard for me to want to play the game. It can be an awesome game but with no voices, I wouldn't care.

And this is supposed to be an "episodic adventure?" not sure where the term 'episodes' come in at but this is what i usually call a 'game and it's sequel.' Unless more is coming out? Sam and Max is an episodic adventure (speaking of which, i need to buy season 3).

And i see from their site, they made 'Hotel'? What a shame they have a game like this.

Despite all that, I am desperate for games like these and it's very refreshing to see them. I will have to play more and see if i want to get it. Usually, i can tell if i like a game within the first 10 minutes of me actually playing but with this one...

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 8:11:03 AM PST

Go to: