kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted: A Haunted Carol

[Post New]by kerchers on Dec 7, 10 11:18 AM
Had no problem with this game,good vaule for money.Story line was good,a good one for this time of year.Puzzles were a bit to easy,placing the hands on the clock and the red sections got a bit boreing.Its the first game I have brought and finished on the same day,a bit to short for me took me less than 2hrs.Dont know if I would have brought it I had know how short it was but I enjoyed it and thats what matters.Tried to play it again to see if I could do it quicker this time with no help but found that between each sceen there was at least a 40c delay as the screen went blank.wont try to play it again.Bigfish need to sort this one out asap.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 2:05:34 AM PST

MommaJo_P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by MommaJo_P on Dec 7, 10 12:08 PM
It was an ok game, with a ok story line.....BUT....I will not buy the game. The puzzles were way too easy, and according to the walkthrough I finished 90% of the game in the 1 hour demo. I had gotten to Belle's Present and started on it before my hour was up. I usually don't care for hidden object games but due to the story of the game I gave it a try.

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 12:09:44 PM PST

[Post New]by BoyGeorgefan on Dec 7, 10 12:13 PM
I just finished the demo...

The graphics are good and I liked the story,,,

But the game is extremely easy, and like others have already posted, I checked the walkthrough after playing, and I had almost completed the game already.

I think it's probably a great game if you have younger kids who have just started to play this kind of games - but even though I would have liked to complete it, I'm not going to buy a game that's as short and as easy as this one.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 7, 10 12:33 PM
I'm disappointed. I had seen this previewed elsewhere and being a big Dickens fan, I was excited and looking forward to it. But it's a no buy here. Seriously simplistic. Not my thing.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Dec 7, 10 12:49 PM
joyce2121 wrote:
niamhe wrote:What a complete waste of money, worst game I have had of BF

Thanks for posting, any details to offer?

I AGREE, it would have been interesting to KNOW why?.....I guess you are in a hurry!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Dec 7, 10 12:53 PM
OFF TO DEMO...No I have not even played yet

I always read the reviews and the WT "FIRST"

THANKS to all the fishies for the wonderful "PROS & CONS"

Happy Gaming

PEN

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Dec 7, 10 1:03 PM
I really liked this game. The hour was up in a flash and for me that is my sign...I've already bought it.

[Post New]by shadowdancer28 on Dec 7, 10 1:13 PM
For a 'large file' game (at least that's what it said!), it was way too short! I love most of the games I get here--and I get a lot!--but this one was a disappointment to me.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Dec 7, 10 1:44 PM
Nice game - good graphics - play way too easy and the game is too short [at least in my opinion]
A no buy for me

[Post New]by gkenpreach on Dec 7, 10 1:58 PM
Game was way to easy and way to short. To me it was a waste of money!!! I should have just played the free trial, I could have probably finished the game in an hour:-(

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Dec 7, 10 2:17 PM
I almost but not quite finished this game in the demo hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not a genius by any means and if I hadnt flitted about in the beginning would have completed.
No buy for me....its just a simple easy game with no challenges.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 7, 10 2:26 PM
It was an ok game, got stuck on some of scene's but figured them out. Don't know how long the game is? Didn't stick to the Christmas Carol I know but it was a different slant on things. Not a buy for me, I am waiting for something with a little more pazaz....

17players_
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re: Don't recommend

[Post New]by 17players_ on Dec 7, 10 2:27 PM
I don't recommend this game. In my opinion, it was too easy, repetative and not long enough. I was able to finish it within the hour demo. The answer to most of the investigations was finding keys instead of manipulation the surroundings.
BUT if you want a "not too difficult" game it would be perfect for you.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 7, 10 3:00 PM
I like this game alot! From the intro I was hooked and wanted to play the game till the end. Graphic is handdrawn, very wellmade (everything is clear to see), hogscenes are okay - I have seen better for sure, but its average, storyline is superb.The game atmosphere is really special and makes the game a "must-have" for me. A buy

onefeather
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by onefeather on Dec 7, 10 3:45 PM
enjoy the game, the only thing i find is that the hand does not always show up when there is something to pick up, have to go over the certain spot a couple times.
but it has never froze . my computer is up to date on everything ..

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Dec 7, 10 3:51 PM
I enjoyed the demo and reached over half way through. Had no problems with cursor or anything else and the only negative would be that it looks quite short and would only have about another half hour to play So for me it's a no buy but for anyone else thats a little slower I would say enjoy.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Dec 7, 10 4:13 PM
Great graphics but the game was much too short and lacked challenges. I quickly tired of looking for keys. Good game for a new HOG player.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Dec 7, 10 4:18 PM
I think this is a great game. It is so different that ai had to try and then bought immediately. I am taking my time and not using a walkthru so it is stretching out because I figure everything out myself. I think it should be demoed before saying yes or no. It has taken me (I am probably slower than some players) 2 hours so far and I am just to Belle's orphanage. Of course I want to see how it ends but I will still take my time. I know the walkthru is here but I am going to try not to use it.

Was I long winded? sorry.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 7, 10 4:35 PM
I was going to get this game with one of my credits, but I am now at the family home and have 7 minutes left on demo and am 3/4 of the way into the game. I like this game but size matters and this apparently is a very short game, shorter than I had previously thought, so I won't be wasting one of my credits. It is also very very easy, the puzzles practically solve themselves. Too bad.

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 4:37:02 PM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 7, 10 4:41 PM
I agree this game is short and easy and I am almost finished. BUT it's a nice diversion on this gloomy rainy day. I like the graphics and the new take on the story. I certainly can't complain about the price as I used one of my free credits on it. This is a nice leisurly paced game with good graphics and an interesting story. Nobody should have to skip anything or use the walkthrough. Thanks again

Go to: