Re:Here are the LOCATIONS of the 10 GOLD INSIGNIAS - SPOILER

[Post New]by BobbiJean4 on Jan 18, 11 6:41 AM
I'm new to the Forums so I don't know if this is where I put my question or not. I'm stuck at the bar. I can't win at Checkers so I can't figure out how to get past the snake and deliver the gumbo. I'm very frustrated.

[Post New]by wizard_beth on Jan 18, 11 7:26 AM
Trying to follow step 4, I kept trying to plunge the Tavern sink. Why didn't it say"plunge the Manor sink? At least now I'm back on track.

[Post New]by wizard_beth on Jan 18, 11 10:46 AM
I apologize for my snippy tone in my first posting. Regarding the Gold insignia in the sink, I did think of plunging the sink in the Manor, but then I dismissed it. I must have had an attack of stupid. I did not even get a clue when I could not get at the Tavern sink.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 19, 11 6:10 PM
wizard_beth wrote:Trying to follow step 4, I kept trying to plunge the Tavern sink. Why didn't it say"plunge the Manor sink? At least now I'm back on track.
The clue for this gold insignia that was given to us by the game developers at the end of the game credits reads:

"Egnulp eht knis!"

They were not specific about which sink. When I wrote the locations of the gold insignias I didn't think about the other sinks in the game (my bad). I have gone back and edited my original post to say the kitchen sink in the manor house. Thanks for your observation.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Jan 21, 11 11:04 PM
I don't know why, but all I ever did to get the insignia was to thump (well click) that nasty fountain fishie between the eyes and he spat it right at me!!!

Yeah I'm BAD

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 22, 11 6:28 AM
SabreQueen wrote:I don't know why, but all I ever did to get the insignia was to thump (well click) that nasty fountain fishie between the eyes and he spat it right at me!!!

Yeah I'm BAD
Big Fish took away that option when they released the newest version of the game. If you have the new version, you now have to solve the puzzle to get the gold insignia.

trenardy
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Here are the locations of the 10 Gold Insignias - SPOILER

[Post New]by trenardy on Feb 1, 11 11:32 PM
WilJul wrote: That what makes them so fun! You don't have to get them - it just gives you something else to do if you like to replay games.

But surely you HAVE to get them to complete the skull game in the passage near the coffin under the grave yard.

Or am I just confused?

I am missing some gold coins and NO idea where to get them from.

Or are we all talking different subjects here!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Here are the locations of the 10 Gold Insignias - SPOILER

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 9:23 AM
trenardy wrote:
WilJul wrote: That what makes them so fun! You don't have to get them - it just gives you something else to do if you like to replay games.

But surely you HAVE to get them to complete the skull game in the passage near the coffin under the grave yard.

Or am I just confused?

I am missing some gold coins and NO idea where to get them from.

Or are we all talking different subjects here!

Two different subjects, trenardy. We were discussing the 10 gold crown insignias referenced in the subject line of this thread. You are talking about the three gold coins.
SPOILERS (highlight to read):
The three coins are found at the Landry's, the carriage house and the side yard of the Tavern.

Good luck!

[Post New]by jocelan on Feb 5, 11 9:32 AM
What does H.O.G. stand for???

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 5, 11 4:01 PM
jocelan wrote:What does H.O.G. stand for???

HOG = Hidden Object Game

pomconfi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by pomconfi on Feb 23, 11 7:46 PM
HELP!

thanks for the clues. I found 8 gold insignias. but last 2....
I'm playing 3d time but collecting these golden thingies first time. so I couldn't possible already collect and just miss some.

9. Use the can opener on the white can on the shelves to the left of the trap door area under the mausoleum. The can opener is in a H.O.G. at the air conditioner on the side of Cooter’s house.

10. Use the ice pick on the freezer in the gas station. The ice pick in in a H.O.G scene under the mausoleum in the passage.

I see the white can in mausoleum, I see freezer opened in gas station. but I don't have an ice pick and a can opener :-(((((. I didn't get it in HOG - nowhere...
I tried other tools - didn't work. I tried ice axe - did't work either...
what to do?... I'm in middle... just opened the door with goblets and checked the voodoo...

by the way. at the end of credits we have only 3 clues. how we suppose to find out others without special help from game makers? :-)
like this phone number to FT Fish... where did this number come from? how we suppose to know that I wonder?....
ok...
1. pippi password we could get just by trying. not really ok because not obvious ...
2. Fish number... big secret. where did this come from? NOT ok at all
3. clue in the boat for new combination. ok
4. plunging sink - clue at the end of credits. ok
5. piano - clue at the end of credits. ok
6. journal. just have to pay attention. ok
7. name of the girl on lock - clue at the end of credits. ok. but who is she? why not Pamella Anderson? no link with the game
8. metal detector - by trying again... well... ok
9. open white can - again by trying should be... but I don't even have a can opener...
10. freezer - by tying again. should be ok... but I don't have an ice pick...

voila :-)

thanks

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 23, 11 10:53 PM
Well, there are clues to the location of each gold insignia in the game. Just because you missed them doesn't mean they aren't there. Kind of like how you missed LizzieK telling you at the end of her post, "The H.O.G scenes for the last two (can opener and ice pick) are not triggered until after you place the 13 skulls on the pattern in the alligator's nest in the swamp." In other words, you can't get those until the bonus game begins.

1. The clue for Pippi being a password on the computer might have something to do with the pictures of Pippi flashing over and over again on the computer screen.
2. The phone number for FT Fish can be found on a handkerchief in the study (there's a post in this thread that mentions this).
7. Rowena Spinch is an anagram of Ashwin Poncer and Phineas Crown (the only letters on the chest). Pamela Anderson is not.

Basically, these are little extras for folks who like to really explore and pay attention to everything in a game and enjoy piecing together clues. You don't have to find them to progress in your game. It's just an extra bit of brain-teasing fun for folks who enjoy these things.

Good luck getting 9 & 10 after you place those 13 skulls! Hope you have fun!

pomconfi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by pomconfi on Feb 24, 11 2:38 PM
Hello,
:-)))). thanks for your answer. Indeed I missed the part that these 2 **** go in extra game. I found them all... actually I'm the one who likes to play game several times and get to the bottom of brain teasing things :-)))). that's why I like logic.
well... I'd be almost agree with you.
except... :-)
1. yes, I saw the number of Fish... but you see so many different things and you won't put them on paper. what I don't really like in this game that I have to put many things on paper while I'm playing like in old good times :-). because not all these things I can see in my journal. Maybe there should be an option like to take a Polaroid of everything I want - so by this way I can make any reminder or anything I want to remember during the game like a clue. so... it's not really obvious - why fish... and why close to the handkerchief... logic logic, my dear friend :-)))
2. with the name on the chest - Rowena Spinch. well... still not agree with you. we have 2 female names: wife of Crown Grace O'Malley (13 poor skull, even he made her like final jewel on his crown but still it didn't make her life better -she died in fire with others) and their daughter Abigail. why wouldn't they make names of 2 these or any other - so that could make sense and anagram, and intriguing. we could get the name at the end of credits and guess - who's she... who are these 2 mentioned ladies and when we find all clues - we can see, ah, ok, this is wife and this is his daughter.
3. about the extra game and **** where I suppose to find ice pick and can opener... there's no any sign that there still some **** games and I can get some additional tools... should be :-). Logic logic :-)))... that's all about the games ;-))

by the way it's not much fun all the time to search in the garbage or other dirty and disgusting places ;-))))))))
why wouldn't we look for hidden clues like Hercule Poirot :-)))))) in clean places, gold and castles :-)))))))

well thanks for taking your time to answer me ;-)))
please send my compliments to the gamemakers and my comments about the logic... just a little touch :-))

cheers

pomconfi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by pomconfi on Feb 24, 11 2:40 PM
P.S. somehow this forum turned my Hidden Object in ****. so... **** in my letter would be HOG. I'm leaving the clue ;-))))
cheerio

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 24, 11 4:26 PM
Lol! Great convo, pomconfi! Thanks! Ok, here are my thoughts:

1. I play these games a lot and to me, anytime I see a phone number, I immediately write it down. (I don't mind taking notes, that's also how I started, back in the old days. I keep a notebook nearby, just in case.) Phone numbers are usually used at some point in the game, if not for actual game play, often for easter eggs. MCF has history of using phone calls for easter eggs, so that one was a no-brainer for me - I just needed to find the right phone! Kept wanting to use the one in the den!
2. But they were limited to the letters used in ASHWIN PONCER and PHINEAS CROWN. There are very few other anagrams that can be made from those letters. Neither Pamela Anderson, Grace O'Malley nor Abigail would possibly work within the confines of the letters on the chest. Thus we were given the clue at the end of the credits.
3. I actually disagree that there were no clues to the last HOGs to find the can opener and ice pick. As soon as I came across the can, and especially the ice chest, I was on the lookout for some type of tool to open them. I kept trying various tools, none of which worked, but I was determined to find the right ones! However, I did not find the ice pick and can opener the first time through - I just didn't go back and look through town after the bonus game started and ARG! I could kick myself for it! It was not particularly clear cut, no, but it's not unheard of that a game would only allow you access to easter egg type things near the end of the game. I believe the assumption and wish of the developers is that it may take you several runs through of the game to find all the easter eggs. Again - excellent replay value!

That's my take, anyhoo.

Re: H0. Yep, the censors don't like aitch/oh it is shorthand for a derogatory name for a woman. Have to use aitch/zero or HOG as you discovered. That one befuddled me the first time it happened to me!

I think I must be weird, I like looking through the gross stuff and I love the creepy stuff. This game was way too tame for my creepy tastes. Now Dire Grove - there was a nice creepy game!

Thanks again for the fun debate, pomconfi! You have revitalized an almost dead forum for me!!

[Post New]by hskrgrl on Mar 2, 11 7:08 PM
Thank you LizzieK. I have completed the game 5 times and only managed to find 8. Now I'll go make it six so I can see what's in the chest under the gold insignias. This game was better than Dire Grove by far.

[Post New]by ehtroy on May 3, 11 11:32 PM
Where in the game is the clue that leads you to call F.T. Fish for a gold insigna? I got the answerer from the spoiler but I was wondering if it is written somewhere in the game

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 4, 11 6:15 PM
ehtroy wrote:Where in the game is the clue that leads you to call F.T. Fish for a gold insigna? I got the answerer from the spoiler but I was wondering if it is written somewhere in the game

Hi ehtroy! Welcome to the forums!

About 6 posts above yours there is this info:

2. The phone number for FT Fish can be found on a handkerchief in the study (there's a post in this thread that mentions this).

And then 2 posts above yours is this:

1. I play these games a lot and to me, anytime I see a phone number, I immediately write it down. (I don't mind taking notes, that's also how I started, back in the old days. I keep a notebook nearby, just in case.) Phone numbers are usually used at some point in the game, if not for actual game play, often for easter eggs. MCF has history of using phone calls for easter eggs, so that one was a no-brainer for me - I just needed to find the right phone! Kept wanting to use the one in the den!

Is that what you were looking for?

[Post New]by Rugby1 on May 24, 11 8:56 AM
After you have collected all the gold card, an interesting letter is displayed when you open the trunk on the ship.Crown's daughter is sent to live with relatives in England.

Combined with the clue found in the barrel in Dire Grove I believe we are going back to merry old England in the next installment and finally completing Ravenhearst.

After all, the Dire Grove map shows the light house on the cliffs behind the Ravenhearst guest house where Victor was living and the clue has a big "omega" on it indicating "THE END".

Anyone agree with my hypothesis?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 26, 11 1:51 PM
In a forum post on March 14, 2011 Big Fish Game Studio confirmed that the Abigail mentioned in the 13th Skull is Charles Dalimar's grandmother.

Omega, as seen in the MCF Dire Grove hidden area, is the last letter of the Greek alphabet and is often used to denote the last, the end, or the ultimate limit of a set.

I hate to think of the Ravenhearst series coming to an end. Perhaps it just means the end of Charles.

Edited on 10/26/2011 at 1:59:30 PM PST

Go to: