ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Post any Soap Opera Dash technical issues here only

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Jan 12, 11 4:05 PM
Howatch wrote:
govegril wrote:The game crashed with access violation halway through level 48!

I just got an access violation on level 35.
Bonus Level 7 for me.

[Post New]by slclynn on Jan 18, 11 6:00 AM
Game not working at all for me. I like dash games so made the mistake of purchasing without trial. Tried all items listed in help section to no avail. Have sent message to Customer Support Team. Got email back saying response would be in 24-72 hours. It has now been 110 hours without any word back. Very frustrated. Would like a game credit but acording to what i am reading they will not honor because I didn't first trial the game. games are avail. through my internet provider and i have no problem playing them. thinking my best option may be to cancel my membership at this site and go with them, the games do cost more but they do play and they have great tech services.

[Post New]by izzymonkey on Jan 22, 11 1:27 PM
beylia wrote:In Chapter 1 - Level 8 there is a glitch for me. One of the judges (the one for 5 color matches) won't give me the checkmark even though I had 5 color matches on 3 different stations.

I had this problem too, but realized that some of the stations start off with a color. So even though it says that you have made 5 color matches, you really only made 4. You have to have one station say 6 at the end to get credit for five matches.

[Post New]by slclynn on Jan 23, 11 7:41 AM
slclynn wrote:Game not working at all for me. I like dash games so made the mistake of purchasing without trial. Tried all items listed in help section to no avail. Have sent message to Customer Support Team. Got email back saying response would be in 24-72 hours. It has now been 110 hours without any word back. Very frustrated. Would like a game credit but acording to what i am reading they will not honor because I didn't first trial the game. games are avail. through my internet provider and i have no problem playing them. thinking my best option may be to cancel my membership at this site and go with them, the games do cost more but they do play and they have great tech services.

I received word back from tech support. Was given game credit.

PLEASE HELP, I CAN NOT PUT ANYONE IN STAR CHAIR

[Post New]by ALESTAT on Jan 25, 11 8:26 AM
HI everyone!

Please help!!!, I dragged every character in each level to the star chair and it doesn't accepet none of the actor, HOW o you Know who belongs to this chair? or what should i do, to place people here?

47cat
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by 47cat on Feb 5, 11 11:13 AM
i have uninstalled and re installed this game 4 times now and each time it goes a little further but still haven't got to play the dam game, it now freezes on the casting board and goes no further PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 5, 11 11:33 AM
Hey 47cat,

You may want to try turning off the custom cursor to see if this helps the game run a bit smoother. If not, you can also check to see if you have any updates for your system; here is a help article to guide you through that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For the best help, please get in touch with Tech Support. To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit this form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you can then click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member and would like to wait until Monday for real-time assistance, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Shugarfoot on Feb 14, 11 4:38 PM
ojennifer wrote:Gigantic problem here

When you put the star into the hair station and it says choose the hair style, there is no way to do this. There are no arrows to actually change the hair, just the button that says done, and it is wrong.

I think that is a huge thing to overlook when testing the game out.

same problem here; I got on chat and they had me turn off the custom cursor and then told me to update my video driver, etc and then reinstall...I did all that but no dice...is there any help for this???

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 4:42:45 PM PST

Fans & Mini-Games

[Post New]by bluevervain on Feb 27, 11 6:46 AM
Ethbay wrote:At the end of a lot of my levels, I don't get credit from the judges for placing fans and playing mini-games. Now, it's not that I'm not getting credit--I'm not GETTING any fans or mini-games. I'll go through a level without ANY mini-games (especially the earlier/mid-game levels). If a mini-game isn't popping up, why would I be penalized by the judges for not playing one? Is it me?

I don't know about the fans - my own issue with them is figuring out which actor is the one they want to see when they're all wearing sunglasses and have already gone through hair and makeup - but there's a trick to getting the mini-games (which for some reason they don't have a tutorial about, even though it's far less obvious than figuring out that when the critic asks for a burger, you're supposed to give him one.) When you place an actor at a station, a ring of stars will sometimes appear around them, circle for a few seconds, then flash and disappear. If you click on them before these stars vanish, a mini-game will pop up. Once I made that connection, it was pretty easy to meet the level requirement for mini-games, and if you seat your actors in groups you can do it without interrupting your chains. My only complaint is that time doesn't stop while you're stuck in mini-game mode - I'm a bit of a slow clicker because I'm using a touchscreen, and critics and fans have an annoying habit of showing up just as I trigger one.

[Post New]by SLLY78 on Mar 16, 11 8:44 AM
Can someone help me how to prevent the freezing or hanging screen in Episode 30 Soap Opera Dash from iPhone 4? I've been trying to finish it but it keeps on hanging and it freeze and I am not able to proceed with the game. I don't know why this is happening.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 16, 11 9:24 AM
Hi SLLY78,

You might want to check out this help article for some troubleshooting steps that might help:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Fans & Mini-Games

[Post New]by Shugarfoot on Mar 16, 11 10:03 AM
Ethbay wrote:At the end of a lot of my levels, I don't get credit from the judges for placing fans and playing mini-games. Now, it's not that I'm not getting credit--I'm not GETTING any fans or mini-games. I'll go through a level without ANY mini-games (especially the earlier/mid-game levels). If a mini-game isn't popping up, why would I be penalized by the judges for not playing one? Is it me?

This is happening to me, too...where are the mini-games???

[Post New]by SLLY78 on Mar 16, 11 11:44 PM
already tried to reboot as per what have told me : http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/362

i even deleted and reinstall the game, BUT STILL IT FREEZE, HANG during the last 2 episodes... and cannot even continue because it cannot move!!!

You should fix this problem right away, costing this at $2.99 is expensive knowing that there are so many technicalities issue on this game.

[Post New]by SLLY78 on Mar 17, 11 2:58 AM
[b] THIS GAME REALLY PISSES ME OFF !!! NO IMPROVEMENT !!! IT HANG!!!! FREEZEEEEE!!!! NEVER MOVE AT ALL !!!! YOU SHOULD REMOVE THIS APS FROM ITUNES!

Raven9
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Raven9 on Mar 18, 11 2:40 AM
loluvly wrote:it's not letting me click play game or any other button except for the "more games" button.... please help i would really like to try this game out.

Me Too!

[Post New]by Shugarfoot on Mar 29, 11 6:30 PM
The game keeps crashing on Bonus Level 8, Episode 2. I get the same error message each time:

"Access violation at 0x00423B70 (tried to write to 0x00090FFC), program terminated"

I really enjoyed playing this game, and would like to finish the bonus games; but at this point, it seems to be impossible due to the game crashing. I sure do hope you can fix this. Very disappointing end to an otherwise highly enjoyable game.

P.S. The same access violation also occurs on Bonus Level 10. Please fix...thanks.

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 7:23:55 PM PST

[Post New]by ms_science_teach on Apr 11, 11 5:16 PM
bilkees wrote:I have never had a problem before with any of your games, but this one the mouse was very jerky and would constantly freeze for me - after 10 minutes I gave it away - and yet I have bought all the other Dash games, so not sure what the real problem is.

I have had the same problem. It is very frustrating too. I am in the final level and the mouse is in slow motion.

Edited on 04/18/2011 at 1:18:59 AM PST

[Post New]by ms_science_teach on Apr 16, 11 6:10 PM
This game was such a disappointment. I get all the way to the last section of levels and it starts running super slow. I can go back and replay previous levels with no problem but at the end it malfunctions. When I have the spinning star seats it slows down too much. Tried all the fixes suggested but none of them worked. What a waste of money!

[Post New]by ms_science_teach on Apr 18, 11 1:22 AM
I have read all of the tech issues and I have one question. Where are the technical support responses?

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 24, 11 1:29 AM
Downloaded Soap Opera Dash and it got to (I Guess you would call it) the title screen, but the start button,options, help or exit buttons won't work. I can't access the game but I can use the "more games" button. I have two other "Dash" games and they work fine what may be the problem?

Go to: