mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 7:12 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying this game. It was kind of slow at the beginning getting out of the apartment but after that it became real interesting. I printed out a walkthrough from another site. Could not do this game without a walkthrough.

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Dec 16, 10 8:26 PM
took a good while to download, after about 25 minutes of playing, which I don't really feel like I accomplished anything, it wasn't a fun game to me, I'll pass on this one..just wasn't interested to me even at 6,99

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 16, 10 8:44 PM
To answer 'angelfishsb's question....

In the past (and it never fails), you can find the walkthrough via googling it, or whatever, then just keep it up on your internet screen. Play your game, and whenever you need walkthrough help, just tap the little keyboard icon on your keyboard that looks like a window (near the lower bottom left, for Windows. A MAC is different). That way, it exits you out of your game window (without actually leaving or shutting down the game), and you can view your walkthrough. When you are ready to get back into your game, just click your bottom game tab. It works like a charm, but not sure if I explained it well. If you need more clarification, just let me know. In essence though, what you are doing, is just toggling back and forth between game and walkthrough screens, without hassle and without closing down your game.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 8:48:36 PM PST

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Dec 16, 10 9:28 PM
I agree with psylocibin, the hints were no help to me and I spent half of demo in the first scene, haven't even fed the cat yet and couldn't get the parcel on the desk/table.I did like NiBiru Age of Secrets but I would need a walkthrough for this one. Good luck every one, don't think I will bother with this one

player_pat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by player_pat on Dec 16, 10 11:09 PM
This game was terrible, and I agree with another poster, "what's happened to Big Fish?"

I only know they seem desperate for new game developers and are accepting crap to dump on their poor clients! LOL

Big Fish, wake up and smell the coffee -- you're going to lose a lot of business. The gamers here are all "software testers," by now; so why don't you hire a few to go through new games for ya?! We'll let ya know the good games from the really crappy ones!

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Dec 17, 10 12:06 AM
Graphics are great in this game, the movies are well done and it has gamma control. But, I really find it hard to manipulate things. I know what to do and where to put it, but it just does not work the first or second or even third time for the most part. Very irritating it is getting tedious, and I am only in the FBI office right now.

I am not sure I will be finishing the game because I could just choke her when she tells me "it's not gonna happen" and that is exactly where something goes. I thought I just needed to adjust to the controls and left/right clicking etc.
To do over again, I would not have purchased this one.

emiller01
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by emiller01 on Dec 17, 10 8:21 AM
I'm passing on this one, for many of the reasons mentioned above this post. The "It's not gonna happen" got annoying very quickly. I won't be purchasing this one.

[Post New]by maluve35 on Dec 17, 10 4:18 PM
i need help!!!!!!!!!! Im stuck in the computer scanning the card!!!!!! please someone can tell me the right combination? thanks

[Post New]by tasteylenaystl on Dec 17, 10 10:36 PM
HE;;O EVERYONE IM ABOUT TO PLAY THE TRIAL VERSION OF THIS GAME IS IS ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW BEFORE I BUY IT CAUSE IM STILL IN THE HOUSE AND HAVENT GOT OUT AFTER THIRTY MINUTES

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 18, 10 10:06 AM
Be warned all. This is an old game which I believe Big Fish purchased from the original supplier. I think it goes back at least five years, if I am not mistaken. I believe I purchased this game a few years back and forgot I actually played it before. Actually, after spending $20 for the game (maybe even more), I quite playing it for the same reason I will probably not play it now. If you do not do the EXACT sequence of events in the game, you will not be able to proceed. For example, I opened the package with the nail file instead of the knife and could not longer proceed. Difficult game so be glad you have the walkthrough which was not available when I purchase it. Game has hard to find items and illogical sequencing when you try to figure out what to do next.

Mercy_red
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Mercy_red on Dec 18, 10 10:07 AM
Wow what an amazing game just up my street, played it for hours the last couple of days and just completed it, I agree with others that game boomers is the best site for walkthroughs needed it a couple of times with this one. Its a rarity to get an adventure game so good and its up on a par with Lost Horizon. Love having to look at items and join with other items to make something entirely different. In response to other posts saying this is no good I guess you're just not adventure gamers, you have to have plently of patience and the right mind set to get these games.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 18, 10 11:10 AM
Totally agree, " just up my street" too. I have alot of patience and love to sleuth around. You definitely have to be an adventure gamer to like a game like this. Love the creepy murky areas Nicole goes into. Am loving every minute of this game.

[Post New]by feistylilcwgrl on Dec 18, 10 3:20 PM
[b]Add me to the "Love It" list. Its what I like an adventure game to be. There's always going to be some people who like a game and some that dont. Its human nature to disagree.

[Post New]by lookingforclues on Dec 18, 10 6:03 PM
I've enjoyed a lot of hidden object and adventure games -- but never seen one like this. Very slow moving and very few real "hints" I've found on my own. I printed out a page of the walk through to help me get started, but after basically wasting 2 hours, off and on, I'm completely frustrated and ready to quit.
Some basic directions need to be given to us beginners, I guess. I was able to figure out things like getting the bolt and the pills into the glass, but for some reason I cannot get the cat food to pour into the bowl.. so I can't continue out the door for the next part.
I've very disappointed in the game and I'll make sure in the future I always do a "free trial" before I buy from BigFish. This has been a waste of my time and money.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Dec 18, 10 9:27 PM
cool to see a new "art of murder" game... and VERY glad that there's a trial!

these games are very brain intensive and i thoroughly enjoy a good investigation... i've learned in the past that saving is the best policy, and while i only played 35 mins - i have six save slots!

the start has been slow - got the package open and contacted the lab tech about the contents... can't coax her to leave the loft yet, but i'm working on it

one thing that always worries me about these games is the lack of sound for the most part... but i suppose that's better than a super annoying soundtrack and not so well voiced dialogue by talentless actors.. i also wish that there were more viewpoints, better angles, and different ways to explore your surroundings and interact with stuff, but then i'm sure you'd get shorted somewhere else, so... just have to live with it, i guess...

overall, i'd say that this is one to check out - not a hidden object game as someone mentioned previously, but you DO have to keep your eyes peeled!

happy gaming and happy holidays!!

Phoebelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Phoebelle on Dec 19, 10 3:21 AM
I enjoyed this more early on - later I realised that as others have said it was much more adventure than HOG and I ended up relying on the strategy guide just to finish - which meant I wasn't really 'in' the adventure. Great graphics, but not my favourite sort of game - and my hard drive breathed a sigh of relief when I eventually deleted it!

[Post New]by momof1andtwins on Dec 19, 10 7:26 AM
Can anyone tell me how to play this game? I am frustrated, have tried to follow the walkthrough, and it doesn't tell you "how" to play. For instance, "look at the newspaper" HOW? I pick it up what next? "Look at box" - HOW?

Any help would be great. . .Thanks

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 19, 10 8:13 AM
momof1andtwins wrote:Can anyone tell me how to play this game? I am frustrated, have tried to follow the walkthrough, and it doesn't tell you "how" to play. For instance, "look at the newspaper" HOW? I pick it up what next? "Look at box" - HOW?

Any help would be great. . .Thanks

The walkthrough is not very helpful at all I am afraid.
Right click to look at items in your inventory. Brings them up larger. In some of them you will see little arrows in the enlarged picture, which means hold down your left mouse while turning it. There are quite a few posts in here that may help you. If I can help anymore, you are welcome to PM me.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Dec 19, 10 11:41 AM
TIP - Save your game often - your progress manually.

Especially after a puzzle or before a puzzle or a new scene. Then if you forget to pick something up you can load the save game.

More an Adventure game

[Post New]by Kay_Lea on Dec 21, 10 2:03 AM
niya00 wrote: Too slow, too ambling. More an adventure game than a hidden object. I prefer to watch my movies on tv, come to BF to play.

I totally agree with you. The movie was choppy and waiting 5 minutes for the game to even start was tedious.

Have already deleted.l

Go to: