marlodear
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by marlodear on Jan 9, 11 4:41 PM
First download attempt for trial version, Direct X popped up and I installed. Game wouldn't work at all...it would start then stop and completely close out.

I uninstalled both. Then rolled comp back to working date before it was ever installed to begin with.

Tried re installing and it went through the whole process, which took forever, then asked me to sign in. I never had to do that before but I did it anyway. I then got an error that it couldn't be activated and to go to my account or purchase the game.

First of all, I wasn't trying to activate it, only trying to try it first but never got to.
Second, I do have an account and have a credit available, so there is no reason this should have happened. Any help?

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by SR13 on Jan 10, 11 7:06 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Did you save the game yourself? This is a large file adventure game which doesn't save automatically.
To skip the into, press Esc twice.

I have been in & out of the game a few times and saved it myself each time. Apart from the last time, I have successfully reloaded the saved game. Now it won't even acknowledge that anything had been saved. I seem to have lost all my progress.
Thanks for the tip on how to skip the intro.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jan 11, 11 9:21 AM
I am here to help. If you have XP - can you please tell what is in your file - documents\Art of Murder Cards of Destiny ?

PM - personal message me

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jan 11, 11 3:09 PM
sunnyglow wrote:This is actually a very old game which Big Fish bought, I believe. It has the same glitches one would find in an old game. I am not certain when this came out, but now that I bought it, I remember that I purchased it a few years ago. If you do not do the EXACT sequence of events, it will just stop working, in the sense you can no longer progress in the game, so keep your strategy guide with you as you progress. In the beginning, I opened the box with the nail file instead of the knife and now I am in limbo and can no longer go forward. It will not allow me to look at the broken light bulb, for example. Be warned

I downloaded the game early this morning. I too used the nail file with the box. That has absolutely nothing to do with the broken light bulb or bolt. You are missing a few key items.

[Post New]by calypsa65 on Jan 18, 11 6:48 PM
I'm stuck on the bomb,i have put the screwdriver together but for some reason I can't unscrew the bolts to shut off the bomb I have done it every which way is there a secret to doing that like a certain angle or something?
Please helppppppp

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 25, 11 1:15 PM
calypsa65 wrote:I'm stuck on the bomb,i have put the screwdriver together but for some reason I can't unscrew the bolts to shut off the bomb I have done it every which way is there a secret to doing that like a certain angle or something?
Please helppppppp
Use the (head of the) key.

[Post New]by dorsay on Jan 27, 11 4:08 PM
I have almost finished the game, but after I've done everything at the scene, at the moment to turn back trough the culvert under the blades, I can't do it... The girl alwayls turns back! Please, help!

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Feb 3, 11 7:15 PM
Great. "Trial expired". I haven't even started the trial!!!!!

Or is this a way of BFG only letting us think we get a trial for this game?

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie83 on Feb 7, 11 12:57 AM
When I usethe nail file to open the box from the parcel, there is no way to get the lightbulb and bolt out of the box. How am I supposed to remove them to examine and find codes etc.?

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 12:58:42 AM PST

[Post New]by Mellyjelly64 on Feb 23, 11 7:19 AM
I have encountered a problem after purchasing and installing the game and getting to a certain point. I am in the room by the auditorium and am winding the mechanism until it grinds and stops at which point I am supposed to select the bucket of bricks from the inventory and quickly put it on the handle to hold it. I just cannot get to put the bucket of bricks on the handle as at this point the game goes all slow and judders. I am stuck with an hourglass that flickers all over the screen and I am unable to use the bucket from the inventory as I just cannot select it because of this hiccup and loss of any control over the curser until the mechanism unwinds totally. I have updated flashplayer, shockwave player. My graphics card drivers have all been updated. I have gone through the process of installing the DirectX and that was all ok. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but to no avail

[Post New]by Mellyjelly64 on Feb 23, 11 7:22 AM
Sweetie83 -

If you right click on the metal box it will come up in a bigger window. If you use the scroll button on your mouse or the arrow buttons on the side of the window and you will be able to rotate the box and get a better view of its contents and then pick them up Hope this helps.

[Post New]by ivycat32 on Mar 4, 11 12:03 AM
Can someone please tell me what I am missing? Said I needed to go back and take picture of the evidence in the auditorium, so I took a picture of the seating chart and got the film reel and the bulb....i took the pictures of everything and placed the camera back in the kit, but it won't let me talk to ****. Do not know what else to do???? Am I stuck?

[Post New]by ivycat32 on Mar 4, 11 12:41 AM
NEvermind, I forgot to put the evidence covers back in the box too.

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Apr 5, 11 9:52 PM
I also am having problems with this game. For one the graphics are terrible and two, the game does not fill out my computer screen so once again another game down the tube. I think that's number 3 for me. I guess I'll have to talk to the techie. My luck with the games not working lately is giving me a big headache and I come here to have fun. Not

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Apr 5, 11 9:53 PM
Please everyone, this area is for technical problems only, NOT hints.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 29, 11 2:50 PM
I bought the game. Stupid me! If I am very, very lucky I can play. Most of the time I go to game manager and click Play Game. It goes to a black screen with an hourglass and stays that way. I can't alt - tab out or esc. I have to restart my computer. I keep trying to play but only get results about 25% of the time. It really makes me upset that I wasted that much room on a game that I can't play.

[Post New]by Chrissteel on Sep 22, 11 8:04 PM
I played the demo it worked perfectly and I liked the game so I bought it. Now after actually purchasing it when I try to start it is says initialization error. How do I fix this???
Any help will be appreciated

[Post New]by DaniiLysa on Feb 17, 13 4:36 AM
I've downloaded the trial. It works perfectly apart you cannot hear any of the dialogues? I've checked all the volume options. The dialogue is on full so do not know why this is happening. All the other sounds and music work fine. Any one else experiencing this problem?

[Post New]by greymouse1 on Apr 27, 13 9:40 PM
any chance for a patch for the english version of the game to fix the bug where you cant leave the lab? in the section of the game

October 21: Local FBI Office, Bronx, New York

many thanks,
love the game btw!

Gordon

[Post New]by princeali on Aug 23, 13 1:43 AM
hi. when i go to the game frame rate not stable and after few seconds game became very slowly
how i can fix this problem?

Go to: