Re:"Cannons in swamp" explanations compiled here

[Post New]by joweyjo on Jan 24, 11 10:13 AM
i've tried the cannon thing, day 4 now...i'm losing it!!!
i've tried all the forum help tips. i cant get it.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 24, 11 3:43 PM
joweyjo wrote:i've tried the cannon thing, day 4 now...i'm losing it!!!
Hi joweyjo! You read all of the explanations at the beginning of this thread? These are the best of the best. Not one of them rang the bell for you? It's really the best we can do for you, there's no other way to explain it. Try reading them while looking at the pictures in the walkthrough, maybe that will help a little more.

[Post New]by leslie_30 on Jan 30, 11 5:36 AM
I am beyond tired this is part of the game. I have never done anything so frustrating honeslty. Everytime I put the code in one of the buttons presses down than when I start them next set of numbers it comes back up. For exsample one is XXX to start button goes down the set of numbers is iixx buttons comes back up WTF????

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 30, 11 8:16 AM
leslie_30 wrote:I am beyond tired this is part of the game. I have never done anything so frustrating honeslty. Everytime I put the code in one of the buttons presses down than when I start them next set of numbers it comes back up. For exsample one is XXX to start button goes down the set of numbers is iixx buttons comes back up WTF????

Hi leslie! When the small button pops up, that means your roman numeral is incorrect. I suspect your IIXX numeral was running vertically on your map, because you have written it down backwards - IIXX is not a valid Roman Numeral, it should be XXII. Hope this helps!

SZ123
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by SZ123 on Jan 30, 11 12:03 PM
Thank you so much!

That sure did help a lot!

trenardy
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

"Cannons in swamp" explanations compiled here

[Post New]by trenardy on Feb 1, 11 10:04 PM
WilJul wrote: All of the solutions to the cannon puzzles are generated randomly each time the game is played. So any solutions found in the walkthrough, strategy guide, or from other players WILL NOT work in YOUR game. You must find the exact solution on your own.

GREAT

NOT!!

Try as I might I just cannot work out the solution to the stamps and cannons.

I have read and reread the walkthrough and just don’t understand what I am doing and what I am doing wrong.

I have been in the swamp for days and having problems understanding the stamp clues on the map.

I don’t understand how to read the map for clues as per the walkthrough suggests. I am reading the walkthrough and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

I have loved the game so far and got through pretty much without referring to the walkthrough. But I am giving up now. It is bloody ridiculously too hard for me.

trenardy
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by trenardy on Feb 1, 11 10:09 PM
joweyjo wrote:i've tried the cannon thing, day 4 now...i'm losing it!!!

Join the club.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 1, 11 10:31 PM
Hi trenardy,
I'll try to help you out here, if I can. You have a map that has 3 sides that are really important -- the left, top and right side. You collected stamps and they are located along those 3 sides -- look like little scraps of paper stuck on.

Let's do one side at a time. Look at the left side - at the top and the bottom of this side is a symbol that matches the symbol on one of the cannons. That is the cannon that the stamps between those 2 symbols will help you open.

Now, look at each stamp -- sometimes it helps to zoom in -- each stamp is a location on the map. It matches a part of the map. I tried to find the most distinguishing thing in that scrap to hunt for on the map. Such as a dark solid line. When you have found the spot on the map that the stamp matches, look for the Roman Numeral in that spot. Write it down. Then move to the next stamp and do the same.

You will have 5 or 6 (can't remember which) Roman Numerals -- one for each stamp. Those are the numerals that you enter into the matching cannon.

Repeat this procedure for all three sides. Remember that Roman Numerals are XXXIII --- NOT --- IIXXX Some people read them backwards and get confused. If you have done it correctly, when you enter the Roman Numeral, the button on the cannon will depress and you can go to the next one.

I know this sounds very confusing, but it is the best explanation that I can come up with. I'll answer questions if you need more info. Hope this helps.
m

trenardy
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

"Cannons in swamp" explanations compiled here

[Post New]by trenardy on Feb 1, 11 10:55 PM
trenardy wrote: But I am giving up now. It is bloody ridiculously too hard for me.

I decided to have one more go before giving up.

And finally (with the help of earlier posts on this thread) I suddenly got it.

Easy when you know how - but hard when you don't.

Great idea by the game developers, very clever.

I have now have all my skulls.

trenardy
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by trenardy on Feb 1, 11 10:57 PM
Thanks for for your post mcurty.

But I managed to figure it out before I saw your reply.

[Post New]by cecil66 on Feb 6, 11 2:57 PM
I have tried several times to get into the cannons and I can not figure out how to do this.. Any suggestions.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 2:58:00 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 6, 11 3:16 PM
cecil66 wrote:I have tried several times to get into the cannons and I can not figure out how to do this.. Any suggestions.

Hi cecil,
Start reading on page 1 of this discussion/thread. All the info you need is written down right here. Hope this helps.....
m

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Feb 10, 11 10:38 PM
Is there a picture anywhere of the map pieces that are possible and where they are?

Thanks to your post, I think I understand how to get the numbers to enter into the cannon, but there is one stamp that I just cannot find on the map. I've gone to the walkthrough, but none of the examples shown are the one I'm looking for.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 10, 11 11:23 PM
The map pieces can be different in every game. It isn't possible to tell what your pieces are without looking at your computer.

I had one of those impossible to find pieces in my game. There was really just one line on that stamp piece and it was a "bugger" to find. I finally just hunted line by line to find a match on the map. Tedious work and that is when I began really not liking the game.

I believe it was a part of the river. Not sure what else to tell you about finding the "spot".

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Feb 11, 11 1:15 AM
I agree, this is really beginning to get annoying. The stamp is just a curly line above a tree top :p I've pored over the map and can't seem to find it.

Oh well, thanks for responding.

dogden2
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by dogden2 on Mar 28, 11 2:30 PM
can you skip this.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 28, 11 2:54 PM
dogden2 wrote:can you skip this.

Sorry, dogden2, no, you cannot skip it.

dogden2
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by dogden2 on Mar 28, 11 3:07 PM
never mind i am in the bonus game.

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 4:56:35 PM PST

[Post New]by proundmom on Mar 30, 11 9:40 AM
No matter I put the numbers in can't get it to open. Ok just how do you get these cannons to open if they do.Will someone PLEASE HELP!!!!! This is the only Big Fish Game I have not finished.

Edited on 02/09/2012 at 11:49:10 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 30, 11 10:50 AM
misnomer wrote:I agree, this is really beginning to get annoying. The stamp is just a curly line above a tree top :p I've pored over the map and can't seem to find it.

Oh well, thanks for responding.
You can look at each map quadrant in close-up (everything 4* larger ...). See if that helps.

Go to: