mouldmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,127 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of Mortlake Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by mouldmom on Dec 24, 10 4:25 AM
Has anyone come across this issue? I am almost to the end of the game and I need to get the 12 bottles up on the stove to finish and move on with the game. I cannot get the 12 bottles from my inventory to the stove. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by medusa1307 on Dec 24, 10 1:55 PM
Trial version works slowly but..works.. "Wow it's a great game I have to buy it immediately!!!"..But the unlimited version doesn't work.
I've tried everything, reboot pc, uninstalling and reintalling the game, but nothing happened: no error messages, the game start and go on till the player window and then stopped again. Maybe I have to send a refund request.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 24, 10 9:12 PM
This is a very, very, very nice game. So far the only problem I am experiencing is the graphics. I can read some of the graphics but have problems with others. The object search graphic does not show all the items listed I had to use the hint button to locate some of the items that were completely blocked out (black space). I would truly love to play/purchase this game, but only when the problems are fixed.

[Post New]by spurkat on Dec 25, 10 1:46 PM
mouldmom wrote:Has anyone come across this issue? I am almost to the end of the game and I need to get the 12 bottles up on the stove to finish and move on with the game. I cannot get the 12 bottles from my inventory to the stove. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by spurkat on Dec 25, 10 1:49 PM
mouldmom wrote:Has anyone come across this issue? I am almost to the end of the game and I need to get the 12 bottles up on the stove to finish and move on with the game. I cannot get the 12 bottles from my inventory to the stove. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem until I figured out the bottles were empty. I needed to get the bucket from the kitchen, water the plants in the greenhouse, clip the plants for ingredients, and then fill the bottles. Returning to kitchen, I could move the bottles with ingredients to the machine. BUT ... after I moved 9 ingredients to the machine, I couldn't get anymore to pour int.

Any advice?

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

Re:cannot get twelve bottles out of inventory

[Post New]by kiedon on Dec 26, 10 2:15 AM

Thanks to the post above I solved it and was able to play through to the end.
Thanks

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 2:35:28 AM PST

mouldmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,127 Posts

[Post New]by mouldmom on Dec 26, 10 4:35 AM
Spurkat, thanks so much for the info...It worked wonderfully, but you only need 9 ingredients, charge the crystal then head to the shadow hall....Hopefully that works for you.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Dec 27, 10 9:29 PM
Has anyone found a way to get the game to play again after crashing? I was roughly 3/4 of the way through (by my reckoning anyway), thoroughly enjoying the game, and then bang! It just crashed and threw me right out!

Since then I have uninstalled/reinstalled at least 3 times, and cannot even get it to start. It will play on my little netbook which only has XP, but it is very slow and very hard to see everything (in fact I ended up deleting it off there as well because it was just too hard to play)

I did try the suggestion of changing the time/date thingy (I'm in Australia), but sadly that didn't work either. All the drivers, shockwave, adobe, blah blah are up to date, but nothing is helping, sigh.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 28, 10 12:16 AM
Really like the game, but the script in some areas cannot be read, all you see is black boxes. The graphics for the object search resembles a jigsaw puzzle. Some of the objects are completely hidden, under other pieces, then others are completely blocked out. Had to use the hint button to locate the invisible objects. Waitng for updated version.

[Post New]by harpo7879 on Dec 29, 10 3:55 PM
I'm having the same problem with the cursor... it's playing fine, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere I have two cursors and one doesn't work. It's very aggravating; I need to stop and restart the game. Is there a fix for this?

Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Dec 30, 10 8:12 AM
Chapter 4: lit the candle, collected the long stick, got the key off the chandelier. Key fell into bread dough. Clicked on the key and the spirit stole the key. Clicked on the shelf to start a Hidden Object game and NOTHING HAPPENS. What went wrong?

[Post New]by gorganzola on Dec 30, 10 9:03 AM
I've downloaded the game and it was working just fine until the power went off unexpectedly in my house. After the computer restarted, I went back into the game manager and hit "Play" and it keeps taking me to a screen that reads "Thank you for playing Mystery of Mortlake Mansion". There are three buttons next to it with things like "share this game" "gift this game" and something other similar nonsense. Underneath of that is the button "play again". When I click on that, it just takes me to the same screen.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game manager and the game itself several times now and nothing seems to work. I've also e-mailed tech support, but the problem is I have no idea when the heck they'll get back to me and I've installed this on my parents computer and I'm leaving in a few days. Anyway someone could help me out in a more timely fashion?

Thanks!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 30, 10 10:01 AM
Hey Fishies,

For those experiencing a double cursor, if there is an option to turn off the customer cursor, you may want to try that. If that doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support.

If you are experiencing lags or crashes, please check to see if an update to your computer might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Already gone through these steps? Please contact a Tech rep for the best help! Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jan 2, 11 1:38 PM
Happy New Year everyone. Have some good news. My game would not activate until I read Burozkok's mail about changing "regional language" settings that you find in your control panel. You need to set it ENglish USA and your keyboard setting as well. Once I did that and re-installed game, it worked perfectly. Thanks to this forum as well as to BFG Tech services who were so patient and worked on this, it worked fine for me. Played the entire game without a hitch.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 3, 11 7:17 PM
Hi All, Happy New Year

I actually have some good news! I tried the suggestion of changing regions, etc, but that didn't work. Sooo, I 'bit the bullet' and re-installed Windows, and wonder of wonders, when I re-installed the game, it worked! WooHoo! It took me about 4 and a half hours to complete and I only had to skip a couple of minigames (I just couldn't work them out, lol).

Of course, DH had the nerve to suggest it was all because I had too many games on my desktop - from across the room, lol. 12 or 13 isn't too many at one time is it? So, now I have a nice roomy desktop just waiting to be filled up again, lol.

Anyhoo, re-installing Windows, painful as it is, may be a solution for some of you as well?

Jen

[Post New]by TracyMarsh on Jan 3, 11 9:52 PM
Just as Netterz said, I am running quad core, new computer with Windows 7 and I have no issues other than my latest BF games! I have had to give up a few games. What happens to me is the mouse becomes slow and is out of control. It makes it NO fun to play the game when you are trying to control the mouse and the game itself slows way down during this time. On this game I will have periods where things are fine, and then the game slows way down, mouse is slow and can't click on things I want to click on, and then after awhile it speeds up again. I have had to ask for refunds on the last few games I have bought. It is really a bummer because I have been on BF for many years and I buy lots of games every month. I am wondering if I may have to switch hobbies or types of games I play because this has gotten just too frustrating. Tracy

[Post New]by Karma47uk on Jan 6, 11 4:47 PM
Hi,

I've played this game on several occasions without trouble, but now when I try to start it up, it appears to do nothing for about 10 to 15 seconds and then it brings up the games manager and it says, "Thank you for playing" and gives me a "play again" button. Clicking this only makes the cycle repeat.

Nothing on my computer has changed since before this started going wrong. I have uninstalled and re-installed etc etc and still nothing. I think someone else has mentioned this problem too.

I checked out the help section and there's no heading for my specific problem.

Thing is.... I might just want my credit refunded and I'll choose another game. As much as I have enjoyed this one, I don't know if I want to play through again up to where I stopped...

[Post New]by lindakathy on Jan 8, 11 8:48 PM
Anybody figure out why the 8th screw just disappears in the nursery? Have 8...put them in...only 7 go it.....one disappears. Stuck now.
Is this a glitch or am I missing something? Thanks.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jan 9, 11 4:47 PM
I see that others are having the problems I am having. I found that the more I got into the game the more my computer crashed and the more reluctant the cursor was to work properly. I couldn't play the end game because the cursor stalled and froze. I tried turning off the full screen option but that didn't work. I did see an option to turn off the custom cursor.

Edited on 01/09/2011 at 4:53:44 PM PST

susan3285
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by susan3285 on Jan 13, 11 10:31 AM
I just downloaded the mac version (I had to reinstall) The screen goes black during the opening and I had to reboot my computer. Is anyone working on this problem?

Go to: